Weird phone call

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Weird phone call

That may be how someone got your personal info. They could have searched it on google, found a last name associated with it and then looked up your number.

XDrFirefly

Re: Weird phone call

Hmm.. since I really havent been in to Hacking for... wow almost 10 years now, alot has changed, but some of the basic are still there. All someone needs is the smallest amount of info about you, then they find your phone number, address, (ID number if the UK has them for you guys.) All you have to do is think back to someplace online where you gave the littlest bit of personal info. (Paypal, Ebay Etc.) Like I said I'm not sure what new firewalls are up now, but hackers can get though them. If someone is just calling you it's a prank. I doubt someone other then someone you know would go through all that trouble to for just a phone call.

Theory 2: Maybe it's someone wanted you to think It's John Titor, so that they can figure out if your going to panic in a real gloom and doom situation...

Dr FF

Strangevisitor

I agree with Pryo because you could actually get into trouble for not telling them the whole story.
It probably was some prank. I don't know who could have done it though. If it was JT and really had a message for you because you were important to the future I would think he'd at least say something like stay off the subway on June 15, 2005 or something.
If it happens again, then I would be a little worried but there is really nothing to worry about now.
Maybe the pranker was calling a friend and accidentally got you instead. Who knows.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Astral Vibe\")</div>
Today, I had one of the most weird experiences I've ever had.
The phone rang as normal. I answered it and there was this strange sounding guy on the other end. I said who's calling as I normally do. He said he was John Titor.
I didn't know what to say. I guess he was some prank caller messing around. Thing is I live in UK and things like this never happen to me, I only hear about them, like in USA or something. Well anyway, he told me I was in danger and was of importance to the future. So I put the phone down. Then I picked the phone up to dial 1471 to see what the number was and he was still on the phone I could hear him breathing. So I said to him who are you really and he still insisted he was JT. Anyway, he told me again that I had to watch out and that he has not got long left to live or something. Then he put his phone down. I am very freaked out.
I would really, like someone to help me out here as I am scared. It could be some nutter who is a cereal killer or something. I still dialled 1471 straight after he went and it said withheld number :dry:[/b]

Sorry, this is one of those, if it quaks like a duck it's a duck thing. Someone is either playing you because you told them about titor, or you are playing us. Which is it?

chrisxp

Pretty exciting hey!

Probably a prank, but otherwise you're in danger and of importance in the future.

You can't be in much danger if in the future you survive to be of importance, unless this line becomes a more diverged line and your danger gets more dangerous. However, if that's the case, then it must be able to go both ways and the danger could become less dangerous.

Anyway, if you were in any real danger and someone from the future was thoughtful enough to bring it to your attention, they probably would tell you why you're in danger or give you some instructions on how to avoid the danger. Since they didn't, I reakon its a prank.