Debate What crushed the OceanGate submersible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beholder

Was it water pressure alone, a whale, sabotage from a competitor, free diving hippies not wanting deep sea drilling, Steven Seagal going rogue, defective parts from Aliexpress, or first contact with intelligent life in the deep sea?

IlluminatiArchbishop

Was it water pressure alone, a whale, sabotage from a competitor, free diving hippies not wanting deep sea drilling, Steven Seagal going rogue, defective parts from Aliexpress, or first contact with intelligent life in the deep sea?
One of the guys I believe the billionaire worked with SETI so possibly government assassination

Wind7

Staff
All it would take to do in any submersible at that depth would be a tiny leak
and it seems that these submersibles already had their flaws.

A lawsuit, a letter from industry leaders, and comments from the company’s own CEO, one of the missing crewmen, all pointed to potential issues with the Titan submersible.

In 2018, the company fired David Lochridge, OceanGate’s director of marine operations. They claimed he breached his contract and shared confidential information about its designs with two individuals as well as with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

However, Mr Lochridge alleged in a wrongful termination suit obtained by The New Republic that he was fired for blowing the whistle about concerning safety issues.

According to the suit, Mr Lochridge delivered highly critical updates regarding the ship’s quality control to senior management and OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush, pointing to alleged issues such as “visible flaws” in the ship’s carbon fibre hull, “prevalent flaws” in a scale model, flammable materials onboard, a viewing window not rated for the Titanic’s depth, and key safety documents that were not shared with him.

:oops:

Wind7

Staff
I find no humor in your insensitive comment, people died a horrible death.
Steven Seagal going rogue did not trigger you? Anyhow you are a bit of a weirdo I am blocking you

Hey guys, I know it's a sensitive subject to be posting about here but,
If you have any issues with that OR about posts in general, please report it.

We will do our best to correct the situation.

Please refrain from taking matters into your own hands.....

That's why I'm here. :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I haven't read further in this thread, yet, so forgive me if this was mentioned. I heard that the "driver" simply went deeper than he should have, knowing full well that he shouldn't. They apparently discussed this issue while creating the sub. It's still a very sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.