What was John's mission?

Samstwitch

John was specific that his mission was to retrieve the 5100 due to its special capabilities. He was also specific about going to the year 2000 for "personal reasons", although he never really explained why.

You are missing information and have some information wrong.

John did explain why he traveled forward on our Timeline, but it was to the year 1998, not 2000. He began posting on the Internet in the year 2000.

John went to 1998, because he made a deal with his grandfather. His grandfather would give him an IBM 5100 computer if John agreed to go to 1998 and warn his parents about Y2K, so they could prepare for it. That was the deal.

I personally dont think his "mission" was to "troll" as much as it was his personal intrigue. Possibly even provocation on his part (largely in part because of his disdain for the people on our timeline). Another theory is boredom.

It is my opinion that John began conversing online for at least 2 reasons that seem obvious to me (however, only John would know if I'm correct):

1) HOME: John I and John II both had trouble getting home and they didn't know how many 'Johns' would show up on this World Line, so they had to post information to prevent multiple Johns from returning to the same World Lines. Also, they were having trouble returning home themselves. So they devised a plan...and part of that plan entailed becoming well-known on the Internet, so they could pass on information to themselves and other Johns, and access the information in the Video (which is why it was posted by John's mother).

2) Y2K: As January 1, 2000 came and went, John quickly realized that his visit to his grandfather in 1975 altered the events on our World Line. I believe he felt very guilty about that, because his actions started a chain of events...and when nothing happened over Y2K, people here became very complacent. However, on John's World Line, the disastrous events of Y2K drastically changed the character of people (they stopped trusting the U.S. government), and woke them up! Hundreds of thousands of deaths will do that to people.

John also saw the fraudulent 2000 Presidential Election, but on our World Line, people did little or nothing about George W. Bush stealing an election. I believe on John's World Line there was an uprising over the Elections, which escalated in November 2004 when GW Bush stole the Presidential Election AGAIN and it sparked a U.S. Civil War on his World Line. John talked about the Elections online, and his mother made notes about what he did during that time in the book she published.

Well there's a LOT more to say about the information that I just posted, but I've already posted a lot of it on the I'm an Expert on John Titor: Feel free to engage me in Conversation thread...and I don't have energy or time to go over it all.

The information is out there if you really want to know, but it takes a lot of work to research this subject. My theories and opinons about John come from doing a thorough job of researching.

Take care, ~Sam~

Anonynez

This is why I always use the words "theories" and "opinion" when speaking about JT. We mustn't assume anything is absolute. He once said he was intentionally speaking cryptically while attempting to "rejog" his memory. I was generally attempting to answer Sevensixtwo's question about John's specificity with regard to his mission. He did say that his mission was to retrieve the Ibm 5100 for a Unix bug in 2038, and he did say that he was in 2000 for personal reasons. I didnt exactly say that he traveled TO 2000. Just that he was in it for "personal" reasons. Which is what John said.

He also said:

03/24/2001 06:19 pm (about the future) 657
"My parting thought revolves around something J.C. has been harping on since day one. No, I do not have a secret agenda but I have been paying a great deal of attention to your worldline. My interaction with you was not a direct mission parameter but it was a secondary mission protocol based on standing orders given to all temporal drivers. That secondary objective is basically to gather as much information about a worldline based on a set of observable variables when we first arrive. Your worldline met those conditions. What amazes me is why no one here wonders why Y2K didn�t hit them at all?"

This makes sense, and definitely falls under the category of SOP for most military personnel, which is to gather Intel. Ill have to reference your other post to read more. Ive yet to find the information provided that definitively states he made a promise to his grandfather.

Samstwitch

Avoiding Nuclear war is possible.

I'm curious...With the current corrupt people in power, how do you think avoiding Nuclear War is possible?

Also, have you read the book, John Titor: A Time Traveler's Tale? As there is a lot of information in there written by John's mother. If you have not read it, that is part of the information that I was referring to being missed.

John was specific that his mission was to retrieve the 5100 due to its special capabilities. He was also specific about going to the year 2000 for "personal reasons", although he never really explained why.
In the above, you said "He [John] was also specific about going to the year 2000 for 'personal reasons'..."

So I was replying to your exact words. In the book published by John's mother, she explained that John arrived at her home in 1998. John never revealed that information Online.

Anonynez

Avoiding Nuclear war is possible.

I'm curious...With the current corrupt people in power, how do you think avoiding Nuclear War is possible?

Also, have you read the book, John Titor: A Time Traveler's Tale? As there is a lot of information in there written by John's mother. If you have not read it, that is part of the information that I was referring to being missed.

In the above, you said "He [John] was also specific about going to the year 2000 for 'personal reasons'..."

So I was replying to your exact words. In the book published by John's mother, she explained that John arrived at her home in 1998. John never revealed that information Online.

We are on the same side madam. Please allow me to elaborate.

You, nor me, nor anyone can PHYSICALLY avoid Nuclear War if we are indeed on the cusp of one. If we are speaking within the realm of our physical world and the pseudo tyrannical government that we are currently dealing with, the answer is probably No. I mean, if someone is going to push the button, they're going to push the button. We cant physically stop that. I for one am not a fan of the current president or his stance on the second amendment, etc. I personally think the man makes Nixon look like a law abiding Ice Cream man in a working class suburban neighborhood. That was not what the previous posters were implicating when questioning your logic. If the thread and the topic is about John Titor, his predictions as well as his philosophies, then in context we must assume that it is possible that we can avoid the world war and the N day that he spoke of. He often alluded to the fact that we COULD avoid it, just that he didnt want to tell us how because he thought it was good for us. With regard to the Titor topic and the Titor story, if enough of us become fed up with our current government, and we do revolt, if that revolt ultimately caused a change, such as overthrowing or replacing a tyrannical government, then we could effectively change the worlds view of us as a country. Titors story says that our government was attacked, not the people. So, in THEORY, if we were to overthrow the current government, and put in place a new set of leaders that didnt take a giant S**T on the constitution, as well as foreign policies and procedures (turning backs on allies), foreign countries like Russia or China wouldnt feel the need to attack our government. Once again I use the word THEORY. This is all in the context of the John Titor story. He said we could change, so to answer the question for the uninformed with regard to the topic of John Titor, Yes I think we could avoid it because he said that we could.

Once again, with regard to the topic as it pertains to John Titor, I was more responding generally to Sevensixtwo's comment, or anyone that might be uninformed of the deep seeded particulars of the John Titor story. I was kind of giving basic answers to the inquiry or assumption that his mission might have been something other than what he obviously said it was in his original posts. His "posts" (which would be considered "trolling" by the uninformed) directly answer the inquiry to his "ulterior motive" and or "agenda" while interacting with people on our timeline in the year 2000. I basically just paraphrased his posts to help educate. And please dont get me wrong and assume that Im trying to debate. If I were to debate it would be friendly, I assure you. I will happily give you the credit as being one of the resident Titor experts; however, Im pretty sure that John Mentioned in his posts that when he came back to the new 1998 he could easily do this all over again, but that it wouldnt do any good because we wouldnt listen. Several times he referenced that he traveled to 1998, and anyone familiar with the story knows that one or two Johns allegedly sent the original faxes to Art Bell in 1998. So, I dont think that is only information that you can find in Kay Titors book. I do admit that I have not read that book. Thats probably the only bit of research that I havent done because as much as I love the story I refuse to pay $200-$1000 for it lollol. With the economy the way it is and a child to raise, it doesnt fit into my budget. I would LOVE a copy if I could get my hands on one. I have read excerpts that you posted in your referenced thread, and I was very VERY intrigued by it. I wish I could get my hands on one so that I could read his mothers perspective and get those small bits of information that I dont have. You are correct in that regard. Im sure I am missing alot of information that most likely gives some wonderful insight when it comes to "A Time Travelers Tale".

Samstwitch

Im pretty sure that John Mentioned in his posts that when he came back to the new 1998 he could easily do this all over again, but that it wouldnt do any good because we wouldnt listen. Several times he referenced that he traveled to 1998, and anyone familiar with the story knows that one or two Johns allegedly sent the original faxes to Art Bell in 1998. So, I dont think that is only information that you can find in Kay Titors book.

Ah, yes, you are correct. I forget things sometimes. John talked about the faxes both Johns sent to Art Bell and it was in 1998.
I also enjoyed reading your comment. :)

Anonynez

Thank you Sam! If you would like to stenograph Kay Titors book and post it on Paranormalis, I for one would not object. :D ;)

Ren

Im pretty sure that John Mentioned in his posts that when he came back to the new 1998 he could easily do this all over again, but that it wouldnt do any good because we wouldnt listen. Several times he referenced that he traveled to 1998, and anyone familiar with the story knows that one or two Johns allegedly sent the original faxes to Art Bell in 1998. So, I dont think that is only information that you can find in Kay Titors book.

Ah, yes, you are correct. I forget things sometimes. John talked about the faxes both Johns sent to Art Bell and it was in 1998.
I also enjoyed reading your comment. :)

Were you able to confirm that Serb Ryder was indeed the boy who helped John 1? I know you had argued with him in the past, but I believe he is who he says he is.

Ren

Regardless of John's personal feelings, does it not seem likely that his "handlers" conducting the time travel program had the goal of averting many of the problems he mentioned? Does anyone think his whole mission was to troll the web a bit?

Handlers. There is a joke in there somewhere. If you read John Titor's comments, he does seem to enjoy a good mystery. He likes to see how far he can clue us in without out-right telling us. But sometimes he just tells us. The guy who was John Titor has trollish behaviour. Malevolent? No. Playful? Yes. But playful in a way as to protect us somehow.

titorite

Well there are only two possible conclusions, JT was telling the truth or he wasn't. I'm sure time will tell. Until I know the whole story and have done my own research I won't weigh in on either side.

Agreed. We either take him at his word as he wrote it to the best of his ability or we write him off as a hoaxer... But then again I think the only reason he was here in the first place was because of grand dads arm twisting insistence...