When people in power over others make very bad decisions.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Black teen sues over arrest after buying $350 designer belt

barneys-belt-trayon-smile.photoblog600.jpg

NBC 4 New York

Trayon Christian, a 19-year-old college student from Queens

By Andrew Siff, NBCNewYork.com

A 19-year-old college student from Queens says he was handcuffed and locked in a jail cell after buying a $350 designer belt at Barneys on New York's Madison Avenue because he is "a young black man."

Trayon Christian told NBC 4 New York on Wednesday that he saved up from a part-time job for weeks to buy a Salvatore Ferragamo belt at Barneys.

When he went to the store to buy it in April, he says the checkout clerk asked to see his identification. After the sale went through and he left the store, he was approached by police about a block away, and asked "how a young black man such as himself could afford to purchase such an expensive belt," according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Officers hauled Christian to the local precinct, where he showed police his identification, as well as his debit card and the receipt for the belt, the lawsuit says.

Police still believed Christian's identification was fake, and eventually called his bank, which verified it was his, according to the complaint. Christian, who has no prior arrests, was released.

He told NBC 4 New York that questions were racing through his mind while he went through the painful experience of being handcuffed and taken to a cell.

"Why me? I guess because I'm a young black man, and you know, people do a credit card scam so they probably thought that I was one of them," Christian said. "They probably think that black people don't have money like that."

He later returned the belt to Barneys because he says he "didn't want to have nothing to do with it."

He is suing the city and the luxury department store for unspecified damages as a result of "great physical and mental distress and humiliation."

Christian's attorney, Michael Palillo, told the Post, "His only crime was being a young black man."

Barneys said in a statement Wednesday that none of its employees was involved in any action with Christian other than the sale, and added that the store "has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination."

walt willis

DOES ARMY CONSIDER CHRISTIANS, TEA PARTY, A TERROR THREAT?, Oct 23 2013

Soldiers attending a pre-deployment briefing at Fort Hood say they were told that evangelical Christians and members of the Tea Party were a threat to the nation and that any soldier donating to those groups would be subjected to punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

A soldier who attended the Oct. 17th briefing told me the counter-intelligence agent in charge of the meeting spent nearly a half hour discussing how evangelical Christians and groups like the American Family Association were “tearing the country apart.”

Samstwitch

DOES ARMY CONSIDER CHRISTIANS, TEA PARTY, A TERROR THREAT?, Oct 23 2013

Soldiers attending a pre-deployment briefing at Fort Hood say they were told that evangelical Christians and members of the Tea Party were a threat to the nation and that any soldier donating to those groups would be subjected to punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

A soldier who attended the Oct. 17th briefing told me the counter-intelligence agent in charge of the meeting spent nearly a half hour discussing how evangelical Christians and groups like the American Family Association were “tearing the country apart.”

Yes, this is very true. I've read many recent accounts of this happening. Some military personnel leak that info out through Alex Jones and other independent news sources, even though it's dangerous to do so. They are true Patriots! I hope more Troops recognize where their Duty lies, with the People and the Constitution!

walt willis

Activists from ThankYouEdSnowden.org staged a highly visible protest today inside the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing that featured the testimony of NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander and James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence.

The activists’ signs read: “Clapper Lied,” “Snowden Told the Truth,” “Fire Clapper, Pardon Snowden” and “NSA Broke the Law.”

When Clapper entered the hearing room in the Senate Dirksen Building at 10:00 a.m. this morning, he was greeted by a gaggle of photographers and an activist prominently holding the sign right behind him that read "Clapper Lied!

People all over the country are demanding that Clapper be immediately fired for his perjured testimony before Congress on March 12, 2013, when he denied that the government was secretly collecting data on the American people.

Snowden’s revelations forced Clapper to retract his testimony!

Clapper has admitted now -- but only after whistleblower Edward Snowden courageously revealed the existence of the spying program that he did not tell the truth in his testimony before Congress.

“Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?” asked Senator Ron Wyden when Clapper gave his testimony in March 2013.

“No, sir,” Clapper replied.

Perjury is a serious offense. Neither Clapper nor any other high government official is above the law.

The U.S. Constitution requires removal of any civil officer guilty of “high crimes and misdemeanors” such as perjury.

Clapper’s crime was more than mere perjury.

His crime is an abuse of his office and the public trust, also an offense against our society.

It was Edward Snowden’s revelations that exposed that Clapper was lying about these massive spying programs.

Clapper, faced with the Snowden’s revelations, now concedes that his sworn testimony was “erroneous.” What the hell is an “Erroneous Statement” when it is done with the intent to deceive?
Hey Folks, it is called a LIE!

Khaos

where the wild things are
Black teen sues over arrest after buying $350 designer belt

barneys-belt-trayon-smile.photoblog600.jpg

NBC 4 New York

Trayon Christian, a 19-year-old college student from Queens

By Andrew Siff, NBCNewYork.com

A 19-year-old college student from Queens says he was handcuffed and locked in a jail cell after buying a $350 designer belt at Barneys on New York's Madison Avenue because he is "a young black man."

Trayon Christian told NBC 4 New York on Wednesday that he saved up from a part-time job for weeks to buy a Salvatore Ferragamo belt at Barneys.

When he went to the store to buy it in April, he says the checkout clerk asked to see his identification. After the sale went through and he left the store, he was approached by police about a block away, and asked "how a young black man such as himself could afford to purchase such an expensive belt," according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Officers hauled Christian to the local precinct, where he showed police his identification, as well as his debit card and the receipt for the belt, the lawsuit says.

Police still believed Christian's identification was fake, and eventually called his bank, which verified it was his, according to the complaint. Christian, who has no prior arrests, was released.

He told NBC 4 New York that questions were racing through his mind while he went through the painful experience of being handcuffed and taken to a cell.

"Why me? I guess because I'm a young black man, and you know, people do a credit card scam so they probably thought that I was one of them," Christian said. "They probably think that black people don't have money like that."

He later returned the belt to Barneys because he says he "didn't want to have nothing to do with it."

He is suing the city and the luxury department store for unspecified damages as a result of "great physical and mental distress and humiliation."

Christian's attorney, Michael Palillo, told the Post, "His only crime was being a young black man."

Barneys said in a statement Wednesday that none of its employees was involved in any action with Christian other than the sale, and added that the store "has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination."

Yeah this is racial profiling. And the NYPD will be sued along with that store, cause its pretty obvious that cashier called the cops.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Ah, something more closer to home:

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/article/20131111/NEWS01/311110021/Lakeview-ban-memorial-T-shirts-backfires?nclick_check=1

Several parents and students were upset Monday when Lakeview Middle School barred students from wearing T-shirts honoring a classmate who died Saturday after a long battle with cancer.
Lakeview sixth-grader Caitlyn Jackson, 12, died late Saturday at a hospital in Ann Arbor after fighting leukemia for years. Many in Lakeview had rallied around the girl over that time.

On Monday, at least a dozen students showed up in orange or blue shirts, many bearing Caitlyn’s name. Blue was Caitlyn’s favorite color and orange is the official color honoring leukemia victims (Caitlyn also was a University of Tennessee fan). Some students decorated shirts over the weekend, while others wore shirts they’d picked up at the many fundraisers and other benefits they’d worked in Caitlyn’s honor.

But, as students arrived in the memorial shirts Monday morning, school administrators asked them to change the shirts, turn them inside out, or put duct tape over Caitlyn’s name.

Melinda Jackson, Caitlyn’s mother, said she heard about the t-shirt ban on her way home from Ann Arbor.

“That hurt me to the point that I didn’t think I could be hurt anymore,” Melinda Jackson said Monday evening.

Jackson is a Lakeview employee, working as a childcare provider.

Students and parents expressed outrage at the district‘s decision to block the memorial effort.

After Monday’s uproar, the district decided late in the day that students would be allowed to wear the shirts Tuesday.

Lakeview administrators made the decision Sunday night that they wouldn’t allow T-shirts, but did not notify parents, said Amy Jones, the Lakeview finance director acting as district chief while Superintendent Dave Peterson is out of the country exploring a possible student exchange program.

Jones said the district’s decision was based on its “crisis management plan,” which she said is “based on a lot of research and expert opinion.” The plan specifically bars “permanent memorials” on the research-backed belief that memorials can remind students of their grief and, for some, can make it worse.

Yeah this incident has caused quite the uproar around here. I've heard quite a bit about it. I think its pretty disgusting by the school administration to do such an act.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Pilot protests $3,000 bill for landing on Pennsylvania Turnpike
By Elizabeth Daley

PITTSBURGH Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:21pm EST

(Reuters) - A pilot who landed his small plane on a rural stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike after its propeller fell off is protesting a $3,000 bill he received for towing his aircraft from the roadway, saying such fees could cause other pilots to seek out more dangerous emergency landing options.

The pilot, Brian Nicholson, said he and a co-pilot made a snap decision to land on an expressway near California, Pennsylvania, about 36 miles south of Pittsburgh.

"We had only a few minutes before we became a projectile heading toward Earth," Nicholson, a high school teacher from Upper Speers, Pennsylvania, said. He landed the aircraft safely and pulled it off the roadway without injury to anyone.

Renee Vid Colburn, a spokeswoman for The Pennsylvania Turnpike, said airplane landings are uncommon but charges like the one Nicholson incurred are not.

"We treated it like any other accident," Colburn said, explaining that anyone who gets towed from the highway or is assisted by turnpike personnel pays a fee.

What Nicholson is being billed "is nowhere close to the highest fee," she said, recalling a tar spill from 2011 in which the charge topped $50,000.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
6-year-old boy suspended from school for kissing student on the cheek

Hunter Yelton of Canon City, Colorado, was forbidden from coming to school Monday
because of he gave his “girlfriend” a peck on the cheek.

By Stephen Rex Brown / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 12:50 PM

kiss11n-1-web.jpg

KRDO
Hunter Yelton, 6, was suspended from school for sexual harassment — after he kissed a girl on the cheek.

Theirs was a forbidden love.

A 6-year-old Don Juan has been suspended from school in Colorado for kissing a classmate on the cheek because his principal considered it sexual harassment.

RELATED: TEACHER POSTS FACEBOOK GAG PHOTO OF STUDENTS WITH DUCT TAPE OVER MOUTHS

Hunter Yelton, of Canon City, gave his “girlfriend” a peck on the cheek at school, leading to his suspension from school on Monday, KRDO in Colorado reported.

"It was during class yeah. We were doing reading group and I leaned over and kissed her,” Hunter told the news station.

kiss11n-2-web.jpg

KRDO
Hunter’s mother, Jennifer Saunders, says his school has overreacted by suspending him.

RELATED: 'MY FEET HURT!': TEACHER DUCT-TAPES SPECIAL-NEEDS GIRL’S SHOES TO HER FEET

“They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry.”

But Hunter’s mom, Jennifer Saunders, said the school’s decision to suspend Hunter for a day was an outrageous overreaction and that her son and the girl are “boyfriend and girlfriend.

RELATED: SPECIAL-NEEDS TEACHER RIPS DUCT TAPE OFF KID'S BROWS: COPS

“This is taking it to an extreme that doesn't need to be met with a 6-year-old,”she told KRDO. “Now my son is asking questions… what is sex mommy? That should not ever be said, ‘sex.’ Not in a sentence with a 6-year -old.”

kiss11n-3-web.jpg

KRDO

Hunter was suspended from school on Monday. School officials stood by their decision, saying the kiss met the definition of sexual harassment.

Still, this isn’t the first time Hunter has run afoul of school administrators.

RELATED: FL TEACHER SUSPENDED AFTER TRYING TO SHUT STUDENT’S MOUTH WITH TAPE

He has been suspended for rough-housing and kissing the same girl once before.

Hunter told KRDO he was trying to behave, but that it wasn’t easy.

“I have a lot of energy!” he said. “I mean 6-year-olds — they have a lot of energy!”

ON A MOBILE DEVICE? CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO.

Last edited: