Why Organized Religions Hate Occultism

Occultist

Occultist.net
I thought about calling this piece “Why Christians Are Against Occultism” but I don’t want to make this into a cheap attack against them specifically because it applies to all organized religions. Simply put, organized religions want absolute control over society. A person that doesn’t buy into their stories can’t be controlled. Occultism provides an alternative to organized religions because it’s an inherently subjective and individualistic approach to spirituality. This is why occultism is their greatest enemy and they always frighten people with stories about evil demons, when in fact demons are mostly benevolent spirits that gladly assist us if we summon them properly and respectfully.

Occultism has no dogmas, it can be pagan or Satanic, or perhaps Egyptian or Indian. In fact, one can create an entirely original system. There are many more or less trodden paths and some that are yet to be discovered. Since occultism is not dogmatic and rigid, it invites creativity and exploration. Even when there are practical rules in place they are only a skeleton, not a finished body of practice and belief. It stands for everything that organized religions despise because it is freeing, whereas they derive meaning from imposing one worldview on everyone. All of us must bow down to the same God and follow the same principles and there is only one Truth that is applicable to everyone across time and if you stray from that one path you are doomed. This is their narrow vision of life and if someone doesn’t wish to play by their rules they feel threatened and act like crabs in a bucket eagerly pulling them down as they attempt to escape. That was the purpose of the Holy Inquisition. The institution is long gone but the fear mongering about wicked occultists who do nothing but harm to themselves and others is still a widespread tactic of the true believers.

Some readers might not be convinced by this argument, perhaps believing that organized religions are morally justified and necessary for society to function properly. After all, many of the moral tenets seem objectively good and benefit social cohesion and the rule of law. It’s hard to argue against a morality that essentially commands “do good unto others”. Of course, I have nothing against this message, apart from the blatant hypocrisy of those who proclaim it. My great issue with organized religions is not found in their milk toast truisms that we are all in agreement over anyway, but rather their negative reception and condemnation of all individual efforts to obtain spiritual powers and to engage in magick and paranormal activities in order to become godlike. Because these religions treat all believers as nothing more than sinful, lowly creatures whose sole purpose is to obey and worship God, they consider the greatest sin the desire to transcend mere humanity. Their God punishes in the cruelest and most unforgiving manner anyone that attempts to rise above “natural” limitations imposed by his highness. Like all tyrants, he hates nothing more than rebels.

Satan is cast into Hell and all of humanity has been forced to endure immense hardships for thousands of years just because two people ate the forbidden fruit of knowledge. This same god proclaims himself a “jealous god” and he makes his first commandment to the “chosen people” about his own worship. A bit narcissistic is it not? When you add the severe punishments reserved for those that disobey him, well, you can add psychopathic as well. So how are we occultists the bad guys for opposing this tyrant again? Let me know in the comment section.

The message from organized religions generally boils down to this: if you engage in occult practices you will suffer in this life or the next. To illustrate this point they pull a few examples from their arses where an occult practitioner suffered hardships. They attribute the hardships to demonic exploitation or God’s wrath. Alternatively, they have born-again _____ (insert whatever religion you want) explain how they were depressed witches but now their life is sunshine and rainbows because they found Jesus/Allah/Blabla. But if you mention that there are just as many (if not more) adherents of their cult that deal with the same life problems as the “erroneous” occultists, they will shrug it off and say that it’s God’s will and that it shouldn’t be questioned, or that it’s the work of the Devil, instead of applying the same discrediting arguments against their own beliefs.

In other words, when something bad happens to an occultist or a heretic it’s because he’s opposing God, the implication being that if he were a true believer he wouldn’t deal with such difficult circumstances. But when something bad happens to a true believer who follows all of God’s commands they don’t find this to be evidence that their religion is false and their god wicked. They come up with all sorts of mental acrobatics to justify their God being a prick. But let me tell you, for every born again Christian that claims to have “found Jesus” there are just as many, if not more, of those who’ve found Lucifer, Mammon and Belial and have reaped concrete benefits from associating with these spirits, benefits that they were sorely missing in their former camp.

That isn’t to say that I am wholly against organized religions. The sheep need their shepherds, they need commandments to follow otherwise they get lost and eaten by wolves. Occultism has always been an aristocratic pursuit, and by that I don’t necessarily mean aristocracy of title and wealth, but that of spirit. Those who desire to distinguish themselves from the herd, because they are endowed with superior gifts, talents and wisdom, will inevitably stumble upon occultism, and instead of rejecting it they will feel deeply drawn to it. There is nothing wrong with that, morally or otherwise. If you are not a sheep, if you can think for yourself, you will not be satisfied with commandments that are designed for sheep, or to use a more modern term, NPCs. You will look elsewhere, and that brings you here.

With this newfound spiritual freedom you will experiment and find what resonates the most with your goals and values. A church or a mosque is an institution for the masses, it treats humans like cattle. They say that everyone is the same or ought to be the same so that they can enforce their collective rules and exert maximum control over society. They’ve even plagued the afterlife with their vision of complete and eternal obedience to God. So if you’re a complete sheep, guess what you get to do when you die? You can look forward to continuing being a sheep, with the addition of feeling good all the time as you bow down in reverence to the narcissistic psychopath for eternity! I don’t believe that story in the slightest and even if it were true I would gladly be exempt from that group then, as I am now.

Occultism is a spiritual alternative to their dogmatic, absolutist prison and that’s why they hate it. It opens your mind and heart to many useful practices, it enhances your creativity and provides a sense of wonder to life. In addition to that, it can improve your circumstances in practical ways if you perform rituals and engage with the right spirits. I invite you to join me on this enlightening journey and to revel in your newfound freedom. Summon spirits, cast spells and perform visualizations, explore all the ideas found on this website and more. See you on the other side!

The post Why Organized Religions Hate Occultism appeared first on Occultist.

Source: Occultist | Why Organized Religions Hate Occultism

Last edited by a moderator:

OakFieldAlienz444

Here's my view on this: The Christians are right to an extent that magic
is risky but there are some situations where prayer doesn't cut it and
you NEED to demand things from the universe because the alternative
sucks. There are risks and dangers with everything, Jesus himself
defied the laws of physics and was once persecuted for being "satanic"
by the Pharisees. That having been said I think the christians
are right that magic ultimately leads to the dark side---but
the dark side has a light side that is not nearly as risky
and they blow the risk of occultism WAAAY out of proportion
so that they can keep all the knowledge to themselves.
As long as you call upon Jesus after you're done doing it
you are not in danger. And as long as you're not making human sacrifices for the spells etc

Wind7

Staff
I'm an independent Christian, anyway. Particular Christian religions want control, not Christianity itself.
Bingo! As am I.

I just had a bit of a laugh at the hypocritical way it was presented in the 1st place.
Whomever wrote the content of the OP, spent the entire time hacking Christianity to bits
over how Christianity hacks Occult Practices to bits. :fp:

OakFieldAlienz444

two cheops pyramids.

According to Google:

What is Cheops famous for?

He is famous for building the Great Pyramid at Giza, one of the seven wonders of the world, but apart from this, we know very little about him. His only surviving statue is, ironically, the smallest piece of Egyptian royal sculpture ever discovered: a 7.5 cm (3 inch) high ivory statue found at Abydos.

The frequency of the Great Pyramid of Giza as well as the shape itself
is a portal and has resulted in

Bingo! As am I.

I just had a bit of a laugh at the hypocritical way it was presented in the 1st place.
Whomever wrote the content of the OP, spent the entire time hacking Christianity to bits

The OP is a bot I think. Also that bot has probly been listening to "Jay's Analysis" this guy who comes on
the Alex Jones show now and then to say that practicing magic is a waste of time and can never
get you anywhere. It's one thing to say it's ultimately evil and another thing entirely to say
it doesn't work-----i know people who have done magic and it DOES indeed work if the
right person is doing it. Doesn't mean you should though. And yes, the occult
hates religious people just as much as religious people hate them.
Too bad everyone can't just come to an understanding of something.

OakFieldAlienz444

I think the real reason magic is considered wrong is because in a sense
it's a form of "playing God" instead of asking God for things you're
taking things into your OWN hands and trying to command
nature and the elements yourself. And it's a fair argument against
magic. But it's complicated.

Wind7

Staff
The OP is a bot I think. Also that bot has probly been listening to "Jay's Analysis" this guy who comes on
the Alex Jones show now and then to say that practicing magic is a waste of time and can never
get you anywhere. It's one thing to say it's ultimately evil and another thing entirely to say
it doesn't work-----i know people who have done magic and it DOES indeed work if the
right person is doing it. Doesn't mean you should though. And yes, the occult
hates religious people just as much as religious people hate them.
I understand the thing about religious stances against the occult.
My mum was raised as both Catholic and Protestant because of her mother and father.
It was a bit of a sh*t show when my elder sibling got into the occult...The rest is history now. (for me)

I lived a reality that I still struggle to put into word.
These spirits are very much real and I have learned to cope with that reality.
I am no longer afraid of it whatsoever.
Too bad everyone can't just come to an understanding of something.

This^^

There is far too much hate in our world already.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Bingo! As am I.

It was too much for me to read without skimming, but you can tell in the beginning that it's anti-Christian. Also, this person didn't study history, apparently. The Catholic church wanted to be a huge part of government back in the day, but I don't think it's that powerful anymore. And Catholics do not represent all Christians. (That irks me when people assume this). Not bashing Catholics. My parents are Catholic and are good people.

" They come up with all sorts of mental acrobatics to justify their God being a prick."

We have free will. God doesn't control us like puppets. But I guess that is mental acrobats. LOL.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Another thought I have is that many things mentioned in the Christian Bible, such as not messing with spirits and the occult, are for our own protection. They aren't just made up rules out of the blue with the intent of squashing occultism. The Bible is telling us it is dangerous.