Will GUN CONTROL be the spark that ignites a US Civil War that John Titor warned us about?

Samstwitch

Today President Obama signed 23 Executive Orders to enforce Gun Control Laws. On the surface, none of them seem unreasonable to me, however, an indepth study would have to be made on some to see what they entail. He is also pushing for Congress to step-up the effort on Gun Control, so we will have to wait and see how that plays out.

Here is a link to the Executive Orders: 23 EXECUTIVE ORDERS

Octavusprime

I highly doubt the government is stupid enough to try taking guns from citizens. If there is a federal ban on assault rifles those with said guns will be grandfathered in. There are waaaaay too many in circulation to make it feasible or effective to go and take your guns. They know damn well we would fight them.

Unless of course they are looking for a fight. In which case it will get bloody and the nation will be destroyed by the divided civil war. If anything it will be a slow slippery slope of limitation to eventual banning of all guns. I

I'm not sure what the US government would gain from an intentional civil war. Unless we are talking a global genecide to limit population and force a new world order. This would need to be done in concert with a global war.

Here is
My thought on how it could go down. I'm thinking a federal ban on certain guns. Then we go into war with Iran. Russia and china attack the US. At this point the government would seize all control of the nation through Marshall law. Draft is enacted. While all the men are out to war the government bans all guns and starts going door to door collecting "for the war effort". Afterwards the victor "NWO" has complete control over people. Game over.

I for one am buying an "assault rifle" now before these bans are put in place. There will be bans, just like the ones put in place in the 80's that expired in the 90's. But this time there will be no timeline for expiration.

titorite

Maybe we can avoid civil and world wars if we just stand up as a people. Egypt has done it. It's not unfathomable. John even recommended it.

That would be ideal. It is the rogue government itself that is clamoring and goading for a civil war... not the people of the union... If we could act as adults... admit to ourselves that we have not been insisting upon the adherence of constitutional law.. and that is our fault... but hence forth we shall insist upon it once more till this union is restored... if we could do that , as reponsable citizens in large numbers.. or even in small but targeted numbers... we dont need millions.... tens and twentys of peoples could harrass congressman and city council man into following constitutional law... WE COULD DO IT if we commited our all as people...

will it happen?

I'm hoping you'll work with me to that end....

I will admit though.. if someone shots at me and the war flames up I'll do all I can to protect myself... cause I still oppose tyranny.

Samstwitch

I for one am buying an "assault rifle" now before these bans are put in place.

Good luck with that. Gun Stores and Sporting Goods stores are sold out of Ammo and 'assault rifles', and Ammo and assault rifles in many places are going for 3-4 times their value since December. I know it for a fact as not only did I read about it, but I went to 2 stores to get Ammo (on Dec. 16th) and what a frenzy that was. Everyone was buying up guns, the shelves were EMPTY of Ammo. They said a shipment of Ammo arrives at 8 a.m. and by 8:05 it is gone. They said when the shipments come, about 40 people are waiting to buy it since 5 a.m.

I was there about a half hour before the President finished making his speech and signed the 23 Executive Orders. Half an hour later, the store was swamped with a wave of people to buy guns and ammo!

One store said the manufacturer hasn't even had Ammo to send. It's being purchased directly by citizens in bulk and they don't have enough to ship out. There is a shortage of Ammo due to gun owners hoarding and stocking up! I'm in Texas.

Samstwitch

Maybe we can avoid civil and world wars if we just stand up as a people. Egypt has done it. It's not unfathomable. John even recommended it.

That would be ideal. It is the rogue government itself that is clamoring and goading for a civil war... not the people of the union... If we could act as adults... admit to ourselves that we have not been insisting upon the adherence of constitutional law.. and that is our fault... but hence forth we shall insist upon it once more till this union is restored... if we could do that , as reponsable citizens in large numbers.. or even in small but targeted numbers... we dont need millions.... tens and twentys of peoples could harrass congressman and city council man into following constitutional law... WE COULD DO IT if we commited our all as people...

will it happen?

I'm hoping you'll work with me to that end....

I will admit though.. if someone shots at me and the war flames up I'll do all I can to protect myself... cause I still oppose tyranny.

This would not work. The Occupy Movement is a very good example. People made PEACEFUL protests (in cities all over the USA), and they were beaten, sprayed with tear gas, and arrested! Some were seriously injured. I followed the Occupy Movement online with LIVE coverage as it happened, and I saw it first hand. The U.S. government is too strong and will not tolerate any kind of mass protests.

Maybe you remember this video clip of the Marine who came to the rescue of peaceful protestors who had been previously attacked by NY Police. It's had over 8 million views.

More Gun Control will bring a Civil War to our country. Texas is armed and ready.

Octavusprime

Good luck with that. Gun Stores and Sporting Goods stores are sold out of Ammo and 'assault rifles', and Ammo and assault rifles in many places are going for 3-4 times their value since December. I know it for a fact as not only did I read about it, but I went to 2 stores to get Ammo (on Dec. 16th) and what a frenzy that was. Everyone was buying up guns, the shelves were EMPTY of Ammo. They said a shipment of Ammo arrives at 8 a.m. and by 8:05 it is gone. They said when the shipments come, about 40 people are waiting to buy it since 5 a.m.

I was there about a half hour before the President finished making his speech and signed the 23 Executive Orders. Half an hour later, the store was swamped with a wave of people to buy guns and ammo!

One store said the manufacturer hasn't even had Ammo to send. It's being purchased directly by citizens in bulk and they don't have enough to ship out. There is a shortage of Ammo due to gun owners hoarding and stocking up! I'm in Texas.

Ammo is in short supply here in California too. All gun shops are out of "assault rifles" but there are many private sales to be had. Calguns.net is a great site for my fellow liberal tree hugging hippy Californian gun owners. ;P

titorite

ALERT!!!

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws

NY Mayor Warns Of "Waco-Style Standoff" Over Gun Control Laws | RealClearPolitics

"Most people are law-abiding citizens and may go ahead and sell those or turn those over, but you're going to have a fraction of people that are going to take a stand, and I can just predict a Waco-style standoff in some rural area and it's not going to end well," Gloversville, New York Mayor Dayton King (I) said about New York state's new gun control laws that Gov. Cuomo recently signed into law. (source: WXXA-TV)