Wireless data behavior.

SergiusPaulus

Is wireless data bound by laws of space-time or is it free to behave outside of those laws? I’m wondering if wireless data could time travel? Wireless data does not have mass?

james

Hello SergiusPaulus, Interesting question. This would be subject to where the observer is. Wifi signals would be distorted/mutated by the timefields that they would be traveling through because a signal's carrier frequency is cycles per second and so if the seconds time rate changes, so does its frequency. If its frequency changes the transmission/receive will not be able to keep the communication in sync. This can be corrected depending on the application though. Do you have a specific application in mind?

SergiusPaulus

Data on a computer is 0s and 1s, bits. When it’s transmitted via WIFI those bits are converted to energy. Then when received it is converted back to bits. That is my assumption. In its Wireless form can the data be manipulated in any way? I’m not experienced with WiFi so I’m shooting blind. When a device transmits via WiFi is that data in wireless form indefinitely or only a brief moment?

Mayhem

Zenith
Is wireless data bound by laws of space-time or is it free to behave outside of those laws? I’m wondering if wireless data could time travel? Wireless data does not have mass?
What do you actually want to do if you could send it somewhere past/future?

Beholder

Particle based energy is just another type of mass with less weight, which is constrained by the same rules. To send pure data back in time, you must find a way to reverse the direction of causality, so that particles in our time are affected by particles in the future rather than the past.

To understand how one might reverse causality, one can first create a better theory to explain quantum physics by observing superfluids, dissecting human brains, doing experiments with lasers, playing around with quantum computers or comparing simulations with data from supercolliders.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I am not a physicist and know very little of this topic and often need @Harte to help me out, so I will simply pose this as questions.
Celestial objects give off signals, right? So, how would you isolate the wireless data so it wouldn't mix with all those waves out there? Wouldn't you need a some sort of receiver at the other end? We use routers and switches now to manipulate wifi signals now. (I'm not even sure how we currently separate the wifi signals from others, to be honest). So, how would be mimic what we currently use in a larger scale?

Beholder

I am not a physicist and know very little of this topic and often need @Harte to help me out, so I will simply pose this as questions.
Celestial objects give off signals, right? So, how would you isolate the wireless data so it wouldn't mix with all those waves out there? Wouldn't you need a some sort of receiver at the other end? We use routers and switches now to manipulate wifi signals now. (I'm not even sure how we currently separate the wifi signals from others, to be honest). So, how would be mimic what we currently use in a larger scale?
Wifi uses 2.4 GHz for normal range and 5.0 Ghz for when too many neighbors are using 2.4 GHz wifi at the same time. The shorter the wavelength is, the earlier it will be diffused by bending around and arriving at different times. Once there are not too many antennas reading the same signals, they have time slots assigned for avoiding conflicts, but collisions will still occur if two new users try to grab the same timeslot at the same time, in which they may wait for a random duration.

For an experiment, it would be better to just use Bluetooth modules, which has an effective range of around 10 meters and can be played around with without causing any disruption for neighbors. Using lower frequencies than Wifi as a beginner might crash airplanes and disrupt emergency services from putting out the fires. :X3:

One can also communicate using laser or an ethernet cable.

james

So all of these actions (wifi frequencies, light from stars, and quantum processes) are time-shifted (or redshifted in astronomy) by the timefields they are subjected to when traversing them (usually caused by a gravity source). So, what we need to create for the wifi signal is a tunnel composed of a singular timefield linking two separate timefields.