Woman at rehab center found engulfed in flames

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I haven't read anything related to Spontaneous human combustion for a long time. But... she was smoking, I guess that's gonna be the excuse as of why she got on fire.

Strange stuff, I never really understood that phenomena. It's just totaly strange.

[SIZE=+2]Woman at rehab center found engulfed in flames
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]July 15, 2009[/SIZE]

PEORIA – A woman is in the hospital after she was burned on nearly half of her body.

Now investigators are trying to figure out what caused her to catch on fire.

It happened at a rehab center in Peoria Wednesday morning.

The woman was reportedly smoking on a patio when employees noticed she was engulfed in flames.

They called the fire department and quickly rushed to her aid. The woman was airlifted to the hospital with burns on 40% of her body. Investigators are now looking into how she caught on fire but say no oxygen was involved.

Mike Tellef, with Peoria Fire, admits, “This is pretty strange. People just don't routinely spontaneously combust on a patio so we're going to be trying to figure out why she was on fire.”

Three employees of the rehab center were hurt trying to help the woman but they are all expected to be okay.
Woman at rehab center found engulfed in flames | LOCAL NEWS | Arizona | azfamily.com

TnWatchdog

I had some interest in spontaneous human combustion for some time. I was traveling with another rep for a manufacturing company in Kentucky showing him his new territory and clients. At the end of the day we checked into a hotel and got two rooms. He changed his room in the middle of the night and when I called him the next day I couldn't get ahold of him. I confronted the hotel manager who told me my traveling partner was a victim of spontaneous combustion. He was joking, but it got me interested anyway in the subject. Thousands unemployed and the hotel manager wants to be a comedian.
Here is a vid on it.
Can a Person Spontaneously Combust? Irish Coroner Says Yes - YouTube

Peregrini

I have looked into several cases of spontaneous human combustion. The human combustion part is easily explained. It's the spontaneous part that always causes concern. There is no case that I am aware of where some ignition source can be ruled out. The source may be very difficult to uncover but the temperatures for combustion of human flesh can not be achieved without some ignition source. From electric shock to a cigarette or match, a spark from some appliance or a fireplace, just about anything. Once started, a smoldering type of fire is possible and the most likely type of fire to do the usual damage to the body but not to surrounding surfaces. They are interesting though.

BlastTyrant

I haven't read anything related to Spontaneous human combustion for a long time. But... she was smoking, I guess that's gonna be the excuse as of why she got on fire.

Strange stuff, I never really understood that phenomena. It's just totaly strange.

[SIZE=+2]Woman at rehab center found engulfed in flames
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]July 15, 2009[/SIZE]

PEORIA – A woman is in the hospital after she was burned on nearly half of her body.

Now investigators are trying to figure out what caused her to catch on fire.

It happened at a rehab center in Peoria Wednesday morning.

The woman was reportedly smoking on a patio when employees noticed she was engulfed in flames.

They called the fire department and quickly rushed to her aid. The woman was airlifted to the hospital with burns on 40% of her body. Investigators are now looking into how she caught on fire but say no oxygen was involved.

Mike Tellef, with Peoria Fire, admits, “This is pretty strange. People just don't routinely spontaneously combust on a patio so we're going to be trying to figure out why she was on fire.”

Three employees of the rehab center were hurt trying to help the woman but they are all expected to be okay.
Woman at rehab center found engulfed in flames | LOCAL NEWS | Arizona | azfamily.com
I bet she was...................Smoking Hot........................a real Five Alarm cutie....
ahaha o i crack me up, ahem but anyway.

I havent heard of human combustion in a real long time ether it is a really interesting and scary phenominon and sadly i do no know to much about it.

Justinian

One of those shows from back in the day.. Sightings, Unsolved Mysteries... one of them. I thought they did something on this before, and the theory was that because our bodies are full of very minute electrical something or another between our nerve endings that they think sometimes these can get violent and cause a larger spark which sets us aflame. I know.. doesn't make much sense to me, just thought I'd drop my dime on this conversation. I always was interested in hearing spontaneous combustion of anything.. And ball lightning too.

BlastTyrant

ooo i like ball lightning i would really like to see it once. Not so much human combustion but i think it would be awesome to see ball lightning in person

Justinian

Ball lightning you can make. Go out to your nearest High voltage power lines.. The ones that have 3 wires running along a single horizontal plane.. and take your average dog chain. And throw it up there and get it to go across all 3 phases. Not saying whether or not I've done this before.. but I can say I've born witness to this.. and it's pretty wild.

I should probably caveat here that by doing this it is highly dangerous, illegal, and there is a 90% chance of death just to try this. if it works.. your chances go up higher of dying. So DON"T TRY THIS!!! And if you do.. well I wasn't there and I can't be responsible for everyone.

Loopi

The Bearded One
I'm gonna say good luck to that. Shocking experience... Back when I was working construction, we had to move a A/C unit. They said they threw the breaker, neatless to say when I began hacksawing my why thru the electrical line, saw a FLASH, the hacksaw was in two pieces and I had nearly Shit myself. Took the rest of the day off with pay. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Justinian

When I used to do residential installs.. I'd kill a few drills every month from drilling through a wall and hitting a electrical line. Back when I was a pool boy, I told the homeowner to throw the breaker on the pump so i could replace it. He said he did.. but when i went to undo the connection in the secondary breaker panel.. it threw me 15ft across the pool deck. That was kind of cool. And when I was a kid we used to have contests to see who could hang on to the electric fence the longest. But with the advent of the alternating current fences being used more.. they suck to have contests on..

BlastTyrant

Never had to many bad experiences with electricity the worse shock i ever got was playing around with the timing on my old F150 and putting my hand on the Coil for leverage and my hand slipped off bringing the plug wire with it and i got a shock from hell.