1200+ rabbis urge Congress to welcome Syrian refugees into US

Japrim

Everyone is being brainwashed. That's a big part of the problem.

First there is these antiquated bizarre explanations of life and reality people are being taught from birth, then the political element that plays everyone against each other and starts wars. Evil abounds.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Every single time I read the title of this thread, I read "1200+ rabbits urge Congress to welcome Syrian refugees into US"

Justinian

I'll share a true story to highlight a brainwashing at work by Iran. Years ago I was working in the Middle East and was sitting with two locals and we were discussing some of my travels around the World. I was reading the local newspaper and it was talking about how Americans are the dogs of the Jews. I believe the title was even something to that effect. I started laughing and they asked so I showed them what I was reading. They acted offended when they saw I was laughing at this article. Apparently it was written by a Westerner turned Muslim. The entire article was as you can probably guess.. about how all Americans are the dogs of Israel and that we do whatever they ask and don't question it and that that is the only reason they don't invade and conquer those damned Jews. Keep in mind this entire time I'm still laughing because I think they're putting me on. They finally explained, and got through to me that they weren't joking. So I asked why they would ever believe that. That myself, as an Atheist, would never blindly follow anyone so why would they think that all Americans blindly follow Israel. Their answer was simple. The Grand Ayatolla told them that we do and he would never lie to anyone. So of course now I was lying to them because to question the GA is to question everything they believe in.... Truly unbelievable, but this is why mixing religions into politics is wrong. And Christianity visa vi the Pope is no different, albeit a little more subtle.

Japrim

Truly unbelievable, but this is why mixing religions into politics is wrong.

Government is a religion in and of itself, only it worships itself and uses force to do everything. Masses of people, called statists, organize schedule and hold ceremonies and rituals where they wear symbolic clothing and say magic special words, write books as prophets of their govern-god, decide dogma, pray to idols, sing songs, and everything organized religions do.

Government and religion is merely two religions, one being forced.