2004 Elections

pauli

2004 Elections

Hmm... another terror report? :huh:

Well, I guess we have been expecting this. As to the "Streets will run with blood" talk, that is probably a bit of hyperbole. The Muslim peoples tend to speak in high-flown language, so don't expect a huge 9-11 type event. I would say, if they manage to pull anything off, it will be smaller.

But let's hope this is just another scare tactic without teeth.

Unintentional

2004 Elections

Dunno what to think, but my wife refuses to take any of kids to the mall for trick or treating especially after she heard of this latest threat. Something about a hundred muslim homicide bombers wandering into 100 malls on Halloween night amongst the throngs of little kids trick or treating. Sounds like their ideal targets: women and little children. Now, now, I hope I didn't offend the pacifist out there. Of corse they are only doing this because we haven't given them enough aid and they are poor, it's all our fault because we don't understand them, and because we support Israel...NOT!

Cornelia

2004 Elections

pauli,
sorry to disappoint you: but I can't spot any terror threat in your country.
One terror attack in three years, while huge, means your country is quite a safe place.
When we had terrorists here, there was a terror attack PER WEEK. Everyday they killed someone, judges, journalists, politicians. They kidnapped the President of Parliament and killed him. They put bomb on trains, in banks, in stations.

I don't see any "dangerous muslim" putting bombs here and there in US. As a pacifist, I don't tell you "they are doing this because of what you did etc" but simply "they'are NOT doing this".

StarLord

2004 Elections

I seem to recall that "mall" threat from last year, No? I have a hunch that if anything, the major punch will be over 'there' and not here on the mainland, but that's just my feeling because transporting something significant for major damage logistically, is way more easier and it allows two birds with one motion.
My hopes are that absolutely nothing happens and it's all hot air and naught else.

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 27 2004, 09:09 PM
Only when we are on duty CreoAmadeo.

I have to side with Both Paul and Darkwolf on this one Cornelia. Regardless of what happens it's going to affect the whole world. Too bad the opinion of a few billion Europeans isn't enough to wake the slumbering beast from it's nap and clean house.

Now if there WAS a treasure map on the back of the Decleration Of Independance, it would garuntee more people would be reading that and checking the Constitution just to make sure the treasure that is there, is safe.

The treasure is on the front side, in plain language.

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Cornelia@Oct 29 2004, 07:16 AM
pauli,
sorry to disappoint you: but I can't spot any terror threat in your country.
One terror attack in three years, while huge, means your country is quite a safe place.
When we had terrorists here, there was a terror attack PER WEEK. Everyday they killed someone, judges, journalists, politicians. They kidnapped the President of Parliament and killed him. They put bomb on trains, in banks, in stations.

I don't see any \"dangerous muslim\" putting bombs here and there in US. As a pacifist, I don't tell you \"they are doing this because of what you did etc\" but simply \"they'are NOT doing this\".

Weren't those terrorists your own citizens? I know this was the case in Spain, and the government at first said that even the trainstation was Basque.

Unintendedresults: They hate us because we are rich and cruel, selfish and threatening-- as a nation, not as individual Americans, although may individual Americans seem to explain the national character in person. Every country has its own repulsive traits, but not every country is the richest and most powerful empire in history.

The real mystery to me is why they all want to come here and be Americans, or at least love American trappings, costumes, rock songs, bluejeans, hamburgers, Clint Eastwood westerns, and cash. How many of these terrorists wear Levis?

Darkwolf

2004 Elections

They hate us because we are rich and cruel, selfish and threatening-- as a nation, not as individual Americans, although may individual Americans seem to explain the national character in person. Every country has its own repulsive traits, but not every country is the richest and most powerful empire in history.

The real mystery to me is why they all want to come here and be Americans, or at least love American trappings, costumes, rock songs, bluejeans, hamburgers, Clint Eastwood westerns, and cash. How many of these terrorists wear Levis?

Not really Paul. The extremests who are causing the problem hate us beacause we are challanging their monopoly on power over their people. Contact with our culture encourages free thought, women showing their faces, and questioning of their theocratic order and athority. We are a threat to their way of life, but not through any creulty or greed on our part. We simply offer threir masses an option other than the order that has held power in their part of the world for centuries.
The Islamic theocrats who brainwash poor kids to blow themselves up see their end in the bluejeans and rock songs beacause of the free culture that they signify. They won't go out easially, and not withoug striking at the thing that threatens them.

Phil

Unintentional

2004 Elections

Maybe this is why they hate us:
try_and_stop_us.jpg

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Oct 29 2004, 09:50 PM
They hate us because we are rich and cruel, selfish and threatening-- as a nation, not as individual Americans, although may individual Americans seem to explain the national character in person. Every country has its own repulsive traits, but not every country is the richest and most powerful empire in history.

Not really Paul. The extremests who are causing the problem hate us beacause we are challanging their monopoly on power over their people. Contact with our culture encourages free thought, women showing their faces, and questioning of their theocratic order and athority. We are a threat to their way of life, but not through any creulty or greed on our part. We simply offer threir masses an option other than the order that has held power in their part of the world for centuries.
The Islamic theocrats who brainwash poor kids to blow themselves up see their end in the bluejeans and rock songs beacause of the free culture that they signify. They won't go out easially, and not withoug striking at the thing that threatens them.

Phil

We what? We let our women show their faces? "Let?" Their theocratic order-- have you heard our breed of Theocrats talk about how this is a "Christian nation?"

You don't offer masses options by bombing them, or treating their governments as disposable and at the disposal of the U.S. No single power has held power "in their part of the world for centuries" except the usual mix of tyranny and exploitation of the masses that the whole world has enjoyed. No Islamic theocrats brainwash children to kill. The Islamic regimes-- including our allies, such as Saudi Arabia-- are struggling to achieve a modern state that incorporates religious order. How ironic that Mr. Bush finds himself with the same mission, and that Israel does too.

When the Christian terrorists invaded Arabia in the 11th Century, and murdered hundreds of thousands in the name of God, and conquered, occupied, and tyrannized foreign nations, they taught the Arab peoples all they would ever need to learn about the military uses of holy orders.

StarLord

2004 Elections

I think we need to get back to basics.

What scares them the most is the concept of being free enough to experience your life without the threat of religious intolerence nipping at your heals as you walk each day. It's the knowledge that it's very ok to live in the 21'st century with all it's modern day inventions and know that your Soul will stay intact. It's knowing that there are other places in the world where you can worship as you see fit and Not have to turn yourself into a walking bomb to prove someone elses' point.

They know for a fact that if their children come here and experience the land of the free for them selves, they will never turn back with the same eyes and brain they left home with. The old men will no longer be able to lie to them like they have for the last few hundred of years.

That is what scares those old men.