2004 Elections

CaryP

2004 Elections

Yes Paul. The statue is in France. I'm trying to keep up with you guys. (Damn, did that sound Yankee, or what?)

Cary

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 14 2004, 01:09 AM
Actually it was John (the f stands for flip flop) Kerry's flip flop. In April he said there was a secret plan to lower gas prices right before the election and now he is saying gas prices are high because he, Bush, is in the pocket of big oil.

Speaking of wife swappping, did we swap Paul for someone? That doesn't seem like his prose.

OK: secret plan to lower gas prices right before the election? Have to raise them artificially first, right?

Gas prices high because Bush in pocket of big oil? Whose pocket do you reckon he is in, the pocket of Lofty Ideals and Family Values? How does being in the pocket of big oil mean that you wouldn't have a secret plan to lower gas prices? I don't follow.

The W stands for Whatever I Need to Say or Do to Stay.

Unintentional

2004 Elections

I would love to see a follow up of some of these European polls saying, "Okay of the choices who would you want to run OUR country?"

How would Kerry stack up to the local competition over there?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
2004 Elections

Poor Nader... No matter how hard he tries he's never going to win an election. I feel bad for the guy. Everyone knows he's a working stiff and would bend over backwards to fix things with America, but everyone seems to have the mindset that there's only TWO candidates running.

The media makes it seem like there's only ever the Republican and the Democratic party to choose from.

Judge Bean

2004 Elections

?Every single state has a plan and all of the secretaries of state are adamant about continuing with the election,? said Meredith Imwalle, director of communications for the National Association of Secretaries of State. ?They are adamant about the fact that there will be no postponement of elections and have plans in place to be able to react effectively.?....
"Meanwhile, homeland security officials are in close contact with state and local officials to determine what kind of federal help might be needed to secure polling places, a senior administration official said; however, 'it remains a state and local responsibility for the security of the polling places.'"?. [MSNBC]

You'll remember that the Election Assistance Commission had complained to the White House and Justice Department that ?the federal government has no agency that has the statutory authority to cancel and reschedule a federal election? in the event of a national emergency such as a terrorist attack. The White House promptly denied that there were any plans to violate the Constitution in this fashion, and the House passed a resolution affirming that, indeed, no one had such authority.

If there is a disruption of the elections, it will occur in one of the "battleground" or "undecided" States, Colorado and Florida being the best candidates. The Secretary of State can decide that the results are inaccurate, that people didn't get a chance to vote because of fear, the voting equipment is faulty due to sabotage-- any number of reasons-- and set a recount or new polling, throwing the mess into court. Within a very short time, the case would be before Rehnquist, and we know already how he would decide.

CaryP

2004 Elections

Let's hope we have an election Paul without any monkey business from the current political machine. Ran across as interesting article about the current administration and and an analysis of facist regimes of the past. Don't sound too good, if you're not a fan of facism.

Wake Up and Smell the Facism

I recommend go to the site as there are several graphics and pictures that I couldn't copy here. Let me know if you can't access the article and I'll print the text. You really want to read this one.

Cary

Alyxavior

2004 Elections

Leo Tolstoy:

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

OK...I've seen a lot of words here. Some of it productive, I suppose. Most of it just reflecting what the two main contenders are doing to each other. Do you ever suppose that our own attitudes, singularly, as a human being, and plurally, as a national entity, toward the rest of the world, didn't create the mess we are currently involved in?

Thomas a Kempis:

Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.

You must start with creating a world within....so you can reflect that which you see, without.

Good Day!