Debate 4.5 hour drive in only 3...

trekie4ever

And I didn't really speed. I've done this drive almost every weekend for a couple months. Fastest I made it was 4 hours and I was booking it no stops.

Last night I left around 2230. So ETA 300.

I drove about 70 in 65 state highways and 75 in 70 on interstate . A few construction areas with cops so I slowed down a few times in the highway.

Regardless I missed an exit which added 30 minutes plus a stop for gas and I attempted to get food at a closed grease factory (McDonald's lol)

I pulled up to my apartment at 215 ish. Conservatively about an hour sooner than I should have. Not much but still off.

trekie4ever

Cell phone and car clock never desynced and I have call logs. Unless my phone and my friends phones ( Verizon and AT&T ) have whacked out as well as Google cause I used my Google Voice to make a call.... my watch couldn't have been wrong. I was on the phone for the entire ride except the last 30 minutes because I lost ALL reception. No 2g/3g/4g/Edge heck I checked for a GSM signal even though I couldn't use it. Thinking back I should've checked my cars radio too. I want to see if there were any reception outages in the areas I was driving through.

I was tired but I didn't black out. I was having a phone conversation with a few people nearly the entire trip until I lost cell reception.

Keep em coming I wanna know if I'm crazy or of this has happened to anyone before other than you Samswitch cause i remember a post you made saying something similar happened.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Possibly you left earlier than you thought you did. Anyone else available to verify your departure time?

trekie4ever

Yah my gf. And I had been at a concert that night that started at 630 ended around 9ish. I stayed to eat at the banquet and left early cause I needed to hit the road. And first out going call was 1017 a few moments after i drove off campus. I called another friend afterwards at 1017 who called back at 1029.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Then how about oversize tires on your vehicle? They make the speedometer register low. So you have to drive faster just to get it to register 70, but really you're doing 90 because the tires are oversize.

trekie4ever

that's a great idea buts its a new 2012 civic coupe with 10300 miles on it (4.5 months old.) Got it serviced a few weeks ago and tires rotated but that's it. And I drove by a few cops I would've gotten pulled over for sure.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Then there could be you crossed a time zone. Say pacific versus central time. And all your digital devices updated to reflect the new zone time you were in.

trekie4ever

Never left the state of Alabama. Auburn to Huntsville.

Edit: Eh the government knows who I am anyway. More specifically Tuskegee al Florence al

Num7

Administrator
Staff
During the time you lost all signal, did you notice anything? Anything unusual outside of your vehicle?