Media Antimatter Physics and Time-Travelling Particles

CDS

Published on Jul 24, 2015

What is antimatter really, and what does it have to do with quantum mechanics, time travel and Richard Feynman?

From the poster...
When it comes to physics YouTube channels, it seems to me that they can be divided into two groups. Firstly, there are the more "popular science" types, which tend to get millions of views. They talk about ideas and concepts in physics, using analogies and illustrations to get people excited about physics without the need for advanced mathematics, which is a great way to reach out to the general public. Then, there are the more serious ones, which are more like mathematical lectures, in which the same ideas are rigorously defined and derived. They're longer, more boring (no one likes differential equations) and have a much higher barrier-to-entry. My goal is to do something in between: a physics series in which I talk about the actual physics behind these exciting ideas, even dropping in many of the mathematical ideas underpinning it (as I did in this video). It won't be super-dry with pages of equations and derivations, but it also won't be devoid of mathematical content, like most popular science books are. It will be real physics, but hopefully nonetheless approachable to the intelligent listener with a solid grasp of algebra and a rusty knowledge of calculus.

Pay attention and don't blink or you might miss something o_0

TimeFlipper

Published on Jul 24, 2015

What is antimatter really, and what does it have to do with quantum mechanics, time travel and Richard Feynman?

From the poster...
When it comes to physics YouTube channels, it seems to me that they can be divided into two groups. Firstly, there are the more "popular science" types, which tend to get millions of views. They talk about ideas and concepts in physics, using analogies and illustrations to get people excited about physics without the need for advanced mathematics, which is a great way to reach out to the general public. Then, there are the more serious ones, which are more like mathematical lectures, in which the same ideas are rigorously defined and derived. They're longer, more boring (no one likes differential equations) and have a much higher barrier-to-entry. My goal is to do something in between: a physics series in which I talk about the actual physics behind these exciting ideas, even dropping in many of the mathematical ideas underpinning it (as I did in this video). It won't be super-dry with pages of equations and derivations, but it also won't be devoid of mathematical content, like most popular science books are. It will be real physics, but hopefully nonetheless approachable to the intelligent listener with a solid grasp of algebra and a rusty knowledge of calculus.

Pay attention and don't blink or you might miss something o_0
One of your best video clips Chris :)
All devotees of the brilliant Big Bang Theory episodes on TV (including me) will have seen Feynman`s Diagram on virtually every episode..
Now we understand how it works ;):D