Are we alone in the universe?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Are we alone in the universe?

I found some recent articles, and they make me wonder if seriously we're not alone in the universe.

Astronomers find batch of "super-Earths" - Yahoo! News
We may all be space aliens: study - Yahoo! News

Saying "yeah, we're not alone" is easy, but when I think about it a little longer, it's some kind of big deal. It would mean that maybe we're not from here at all. Maybe we've been created, etc.
If there are many Earth-like planets, and that some of them have life, there could be intelligent species out there.
We just can't be the more advanced race in the universe, that's just impossible.

If we're not alone, where does life comes from ?
How could we proove, here on Eath, without a doubt that we're not alone, without being told by some ETs ?
Our little Earth is pretty young, life can be from elsewhere.

So, these are some big questions.

Numenorean7

gonzogirl

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe ?

I dont think we are the only beings out here in space. There must be other planets where life was created. I mean we cant be the only ones...
We were created somehow. The how is up for discussion for sure.
My how and say ,kc wildmans how, are two far different things.
What all of us can agree on is that something did happen to bring life to this planet.
I have a feeling that this planet was like a pressure cooker at one time and all the right elements came together and with timing we have life. To me that is God..life force and energy...and spirit...All of it together....
The story about the three earth like planets got me thinking that there must be a hell of alot of other planets with the right conditions for life. But at the same time....We havent had any absolute confirmation that any other life has attempted to contact us...Maybe life on other planets have the same prob. They cant find a way to go thru space quickly...so the further away we are the worse it is...We will wait and see whose tech is faster theirs or ours!

Num7

Administrator
Staff

We are like some children looking throught the window for the fist time. They see some houses, and wonder if there's life in them. They wonder how many of those houses there are out there.
They wonder if there's only life in their own house.
After a while, they realize they're not in the only house with life into it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

You seem pretty sure, what's the ultimate clue/proof that makes you sure of that ?

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

the BIBLE
there are many verses that speak of calling the saints from every corner of the earth and from the very ends of the heavens. there out there some where or HE wouldn't call them from the ends of the heavens

kcwildman

Beastmaster

seems the preachers always forget to mention that part thow. but they never forget to pass the collection plate.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, those lines remind me something.
I once read them on some sites talking about the Bible code, and the hidden things in the Bible.
It makes think about the ancient paintings with UFOs on them.
I posted one of those in another thread last week.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I am not sure what to think of the codes thing. it may very well be real. I do know that we don't know much as a people. realy we are pretty dumb. barely know whats on the surface of our own planet. and almost nothing of whats at the bottom of the seas. but hey we gotta go to mars ha ha ha what a joke

Num7

Administrator
Staff

About the ETs, why should they be interested by us.
I mean, we must be pretty dumb to them, we don't know anything, we think they are gods.
I would say that the only reason why they are interested might be because they created us...