Ask away...

sinister

Re: Ask away...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"God is REAL\")</div>
ok sinisters question first:
? ?i can explain it, its just u probly wont believe me, but ill expain neway. ?
Ok in the bible man was created by God in his image, so basically it sez that Adam and Eve were sinnless at first, but because of the devils decieving ways by disobeying Gods command of not eating the fruit Eve let sin enter the world, after this is wat is called the fall of man, since sin entered the world sin ruled over the world, so even our nature became corrupt by it, but since God is almighty he knew and knows everything and lets it happen, ill stop at this, i hope this may clear things up, it probly wont help cause u have ur own beliefs...

and for headiebean's question i know God is reall through my faith, and my relationship with Him.[/b]
so are you saying that we should be progressing towards how "God intended us" before the sin? And this for some reason must go against our natural, basic instincts?

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PhantomLord\")</div>
They say God has a plan. Well where is it in his plan for a 33 year old man who finally got his life in order after years of drug abuse to break his leg in a freak accident and then die a couple days later after seemingly being in perfect condition.

I said the same thing when that nutcase shot and killed Dimebag Darrell a couple months ago.

If God has a plan where does this all fit in.

I'm by no means an atheist. I believe there is something beyond this world, but basically its like what purpose does it serve for people to die so meaninglessly.[/b]

PL,
I don't mean to sound like a preacher, I am not. I feel probably about like you do in these matters. Your question is of course valid and has been asked by I am sure millions of people. Why does God let bad things happen? Assuming the existence of God, here are a few arguments.

First off, we have no way of knowing if something worse may have happened if God had not taken the person in question.

If God did not allow good people to die early, that would be very noticeable. If we were to find such evidence of God's interference, what would happen to faith? Since God wants love from his creation, Man must have free will; for without free will, no love exists. Man must be free to worship or not, based on his beliefs and faith. I would maintain that if God interfered in everyday matters routinely, then free will would be out the window in that Man would have no choice but to worship God, given God being right in his face all the time, so to speak. Such circumstances cannot lead to love of God the way that pure faith coupled with free will can.

Also, given an eternal afterlife, the time we spend on this planet is like a grain of sand on a beach compared to our actual time of existence. From this point of view, it is obvious that the sufferers here are the ones that are not taken from life early.

There are many more justifications for random evil in the world, these are just a few. At least I didn't furrow my brow and say "God works in mysterious ways."

Harte

StarLord

I have to say that Harte has hit the bills eye on this. Spirit / God knows that eventually all of us will turn to it with love and surrender. Everything else up to that point is what ever it takes. Wether it takes us a million incarnations or ten million, it matters not.

Don't get caught up is a seeming 'short end of the stick' or a real crapy ending senario. Each of us is different and we all require something different in our learning experiences.

As Harte has pointed out, Because we / Soul are / is eternal, what does it matter what the body has to endure for us to learn and grow? The body is simply just a vehicle.

God is REAL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
so are you saying that we should be progressing towardshow \"God intended us\" before the sin? And this for some reason must goagainst our natural, basic instincts?[/b]

understand that before the "fall" the basic instinct was to love God,but since sin entered the world even nature has been affected by it,and temptation entered the world and man became corrupt in all his ways so every thought we have is corrupted by sin. so basically our naturenow is to sin.

JasperMoon

How do we know God is real?

For those of you who consider yourself an atheist, I am not trying to push God down your throat, but only to see if my suggestion really works for you or any other person asking this question.

This is my suggestion for those who are asking if God truly exists.

1. Find a nice quiet spot somewhere where you can "communicate" either in your head or out loud. Make it a place where you will not be disrupted or disturbed by another person or the phone for a few moments. Remember you want to be communicating with God, if He exists.

2. Then ask, God, if you really do exist, in the name of Jesus Christ who is the savior, I ask you to find a perfect way to let me know without any doubt in my mind, heart, and soul any longer that you are indeed for real. Anything you can do that will truly let me know you exist, and I will accept your answer.

3. Then go about your days calmly and as you would normally go about your days. Forget about your "prayer" to God and let it work. This may take a few days, who knows, or a few minutes--which it can sometimes do. Hopefully, though, it won't take too long for you to be answered somehow.

4. I assure you. You will receive your answer. Be receptive and just let it happen. If it is yes, great. If it is no, then that is for you to decide. But let me know if you, indeed, hear from God after your "prayer."

5. Good Luck! Remember the Apostle Paul's experience on the Road to Damascus. Hope yours is as extraordinary. :)

Doc Brown

Interesing thread...I took Religious Education as one of my GCSE subjects last year...

Anyway...

I consider myself to be a Christian, although there are some beliefs I have that do not fit in with the "conventional" Christian beliefs. For one thing, I know that the Christian faith does not encompass the idea of reincarnation, which I believe in.

I also believe that Heaven isn't just one place - I believe it's our own individual place. The general message is that Heaven, or the afterlife, is where we'll be happy for eternity, right? Different things make different people happy. One person may have a different view of Heaven to what I do.

For instance, I believe that the afterlife for me will be just like this world here, except with all the negative stuff eliminated. But I believe things like books, television, music, chocolate, etc, will be there. My parents tell me that things like that can't exist in the spiritual world, but I don't buy that. Personally, I'd be very bored without books, television and music to entertain me, and if we're meant to be happy after we die, then we can't be bored, can we? So obviously, for me, at least, and anyone else who wants that stuff, it's got to be there.

I've rambled, but to sum up, I think that Heaven will have whatever and whoever each individual person wants to be there. That way, we all get what we want, and everyone's happy.

God is REAL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JasperMoon\")</div>
How do we know God is real?

For those of you who consider yourself an atheist, I am not trying to push God down your throat, but only to see if my suggestion really works for you or any other person asking this question.

This is my suggestion for those who are asking if God truly exists.

1. Find a nice quiet spot somewhere where you can \"communicate\" either in your head or out loud. Make it a place where you will not be disrupted or disturbed by another person or the phone for a few moments. Remember you want to be communicating with God, if He exists.

2. Then ask, God, if you really do exist, in the name of Jesus Christ who is the savior, I ask you to find a perfect way to let me know without any doubt in my mind, heart, and soul any longer that you are indeed for real. Anything you can do that will truly let me know you exist, and I will accept your answer.

3. Then go about your days calmly and as you would normally go about your days. Forget about your \"prayer\" to God and let it work. This may take a few days, who knows, or a few minutes--which it can sometimes do. Hopefully, though, it won't take too long for you to be answered somehow.

4. I assure you. You will receive your answer. Be receptive and just let it happen. If it is yes, great. If it is no, then that is for you to decide. But let me know if you, indeed, hear from God after your \"prayer.\"

5. ?Good Luck! ?Remember the Apostle Paul's experience on the Road to Damascus. ?Hope yours is as extraordinary. ?:)[/b]

wow... u know so much, we should be friends.

StarLord

LOL!!! oh please. what about the muslims, jews, hindus, and everyother religion that does not believe in jesus? Hmm??

How could you mix up the messenger with the one that sent the message??

Don't get me wrong I believe in a Supreme being big time, just not his classical messenger as God.

And you are quite correct, if you ask with a pure heart, you WILL be answered.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"God is REAL\")</div>
i dont believe Jesus is just a messenger i believe He is God.[/b]

Good for you. Problem is, the majority of the world only see him as a very nice prophet. Are they all wrong?

Tell me, where was jesus during those 16 years that he was missing?