Aware me on Titor. His real claims and what he failed to predict.

sumusiko

Also just one thing I don't understand about this thing that his lawyer said he would return in October/November 2014, didn't John himself say that it would be "impossible" to travel back to his original timeline? Then how will he return back to ours if he already left it?

It would be another copy of him. Here is an example. There are an infinite number of PaulaJedis typing this response to you. Due to divergence, there may be one copy that decides, aw, screw it, I'm too tired to type, and walks away.

If it would be another copy how would John himself or the Lawyer know that he'd come back in 2014? Unless he was sure that he'd get his hands on one of those more advanced time machines I find it somewhat unlikely that he could end up back in this exact timeline. And if he did get his hands on it there's still the data thing, if he will be able to transfer this worlds data from the other machine into the new more advanced one to return to this exact timeline

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Also just one thing I don't understand about this thing that his lawyer said he would return in October/November 2014, didn't John himself say that it would be "impossible" to travel back to his original timeline? Then how will he return back to ours if he already left it?

It would be another copy of him. Here is an example. There are an infinite number of PaulaJedis typing this response to you. Due to divergence, there may be one copy that decides, aw, screw it, I'm too tired to type, and walks away.

If it would be another copy how would John himself or the Lawyer know that he'd come back in 2014? Unless he was sure that he'd get his hands on one of those more advanced time machines I find it somewhat unlikely that he could end up back in this exact timeline. And if he did get his hands on it there's still the data thing, if he will be able to transfer this worlds data from the other machine into the new more advanced one to return to this exact timeline

He told his "mother" before he left and she relayed the information.

A copy of Titor will return in an infinite number of timelines.