Bodies of Incorrupted Saints

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm doing research for work and I am coming across photos of bodies of Saints that are perfectly preserved and behind glass. I understand preservation in the modern era, but what about saints such as Saint Vincent de Paul that died in 1660? Did they have the means of preserving bodies perfectly? Did they know to put the body in an air-tight glass box? If not, the only other obvious explanation is that their preservation is a miracle.

According to Wikipedia, "Incorruptibility is a Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox belief that Divine intervention allows some human bodies (specifically saints and beati) to avoid the normal process of decomposition after death as a sign of their holiness. "

Incorruptibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do a Google image search for "incorrupted saint" to see more photos.

TnWatchdog

Interesting work you have Paula
...looking at the glamor shots of dead people. lol That guy in the vid looked pretty good for being dead. I almost expected him to jump up and scream. (I've seen too many horror flicks) I would think a enclosure that keeps air, water, or bugs out would help prevent decomposition. In comparison my pile of dust won't look as good, blowing in the wind, but I don't think I will let it bother me.

LisaTiffany

"Interesting work you have Paula
...looking at the glamor shots of dead people"

I almost choked on mint tea, too funny :ROFLMAO:

AAM

Optimist
I'm doing research for work and I am coming across photos of bodies of Saints that are perfectly preserved and behind glass. I understand preservation in the modern era, but what about saints such as Saint Vincent de Paul that died in 1660? Did they have the means of preserving bodies perfectly? Did they know to put the body in an air-tight glass box? If not, the only other obvious explanation is that their preservation is a miracle.

According to Wikipedia, "Incorruptibility is a Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox belief that Divine intervention allows some human bodies (specifically saints and beati) to avoid the normal process of decomposition after death as a sign of their holiness. "

Wow amazing thanks for sharing

TimeFlipper

Paula, the use of Arsenic as a good preservative of bodies has been known for a long time :)

TimeFlipper

I believe it was used for embalming...Maybe you could find out if any X Rays were conducted on them, and what the results were? :)