Bush Did Not Win the Election?

phase12

Originally posted by StarLord@Dec 28 2004, 10:54 AM
Phase 12

Interesting how words can be taken and misread, their intent mistaken. I myself have experienced this and reacted where no ill intent was intended. My Brother Cary didn't meant anything personal, we are a close knit 'family' and he is protective, it's his style once you get to know him.

I have nothing against your brother. We've chatted a few times and got along just fine. I was just a bit surprised by the reaction. The first thing I told him when I signed up and went into the chatroom is that when it comes to matters like this in politics, I wouldn't want to do anything to someone else that I wouldn't want to have done to me.

I think we can put this behind us now, however. :)

Judge Bean

OK then! Back to the issue at hand...

Did Bush not win the election?

Oh, he won. He won the hell out of that election, didn't he? Now, don't be saying he didn't win that election: what, you think that Rove character (who earned his stripes by spreading fake scandals about judges in Alabama) would tell him he won if he didn't? You think that that Dick Cheney would still be sneering?

How could he not have won? Diebold, Florida Gov. Bush, TimeLifeWarnerAOL, and the Ohio Secretary of State say that he won, and they can prove it, and that's good enough for me.

If you need something else to be proud of this country, I don't know what it is.

phase12

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 28 2004, 11:48 AM
OK then! Back to the issue at hand...

How could he not have won? Diebold, Florida Gov. Bush, TimeLifeWarnerAOL, and the Ohio Secretary of State say that he won, and they can prove it, and that's good enough for me.

Okay, fair enough. Then it is my duty to point out that Senator Kerry has received more campaign contributions from lobbyists than any senator in the history of the United States. That's according to the Center for Responsive politics. So, it's up to you if you find the information credible.

Hey, on a side note, and I know I'm the millionth person to mention this, but I still get a kick that Anheuser-Busch endorsed Kerry, but the Heinze corporation endorsed Bush. LOL.

Judge Bean

Saying that one of the candidates was a bozo who took a bunch of contributions from special interests, and whose wife's dead exhusband's family's company supported the other bozo, who is only in a position of power due to his bozo father's career, who brought his dry-drunk son along with him on his crazy ride to the top on the kissass ladder of appointed croneyism and sissified nepotism, doesn't make it OK that the winning bozo stole his second election.

phase12

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 28 2004, 12:06 PM
Saying that one of the candidates was a bozo who took a bunch of contributions from special interests, and whose wife's dead exhusband's family's company supported the other bozo, who is only in a position of power due to his bozo father's career, who brought his dry-drunk son along with him on his crazy ride to the top on the kissass ladder of appointed croneyism and sissified nepotism, doesn't make it OK that the winning bozo stole his second election.

I wasn't making any kind of point by the fact that Heinze Co. supported Bush. I just found it funny, that's all. Just as I found it funny the beer company with a similar name from the midwest supported Kerry.

Besides that, now you're just throwing out names towards Mr. Bush.

As a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you that sobriety is a very difficult thing to achieve and maintain... probably the toughest thing I have ever had to do... and I see nothing in any of this that has to do with the election potentially being stolen.

CaryP

Okay. Seems I've made a bit of a mess, so let me attempt to clean it up.

phase12,

I was not telling you to leave TTF. I was suggesting that anomalies is an environment where bickering, or "flame wars" are more common and seem to be encouraged by the staff there. Hell, Rick and Darby, two of the staff members there, participate in them. Some of the language you used, IMO, seemed inflammatory and degrading. I was commenting on that, not your view of Bush. You like/love Bush, it's fine with me. My comments about anomalies was based on the severe and IMO blind adoration of Bush exhibited by several of the staff and members there. Any anti-Bush comments are usually met with a gang of the usuals degrading the anti-Bush poster, especially if they are non-U.S. members. That's their culture, but it's not ours here.

My response was directed to some of the language you used to describe other's opinions. Things like "Pure paranoid nonsense", and "tend to be extremists" towards several of the people here sounds inflammatory to me. Maybe that wasn't your intent - directing those assessments at the members here, but it came across that way to me. At the same time, I tend to be confrontational myself. So let me formally apologize for any insult you may have suffered in my post. I welcome you here. You don't have to bash Bush to get along. I've enjoyed our time in chat, and have enjoyed reading your posts (with one exception, LOL). Let's get on with a lively yet friendly debate. Thanks for your patience and understanding with my gruff manners.

Cary

phase12

Sounds good to me, CaryP. I think we can agree that we can find extremists on either side of the political isle, and in frustration start labelling people, which I have done from time to time.

Though I still stand by my opinions on much of where the sources of this information comes from, I sincerely apologize for causing if offense with my choice of words.

I think everything will be just fine. :)

Judge Bean

Originally posted by phase12+Dec 28 2004, 06:13 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Dec 28 2004, 12:06 PM

I wasn't making any kind of point by the fact that Heinze Co. supported Bush. I just found it funny, that's all. Just as I found it funny the beer company with a similar name from the midwest supported Kerry.

Besides that, now you're just throwing out names towards Mr. Bush.

As a recovering alcoholic, I can tell you that sobriety is a very difficult thing to achieve and maintain... probably the toughest thing I have ever had to do... and I see nothing in any of this that has to do with the election potentially being stolen.
[snapback]19077[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Isn't "dry drunk" what recovering alcoholics call themselves?

Here's what I've noticed that you do: you make a provocative statement, receive an amplified response, and then protest that too much is being made of what you said. If you make provocative statements, expect randy responses. If you make suggestions about profound experiences or connections, expect others to pick up the cue and run with it. Don't come back later and say that all you were doing was fooling around.

I mean, I wouldn't; of course you're free to say whatever you want. Now, to get back to Bush and Kerry...

StarLord

So which clown was backed by Ringling Brothers? With all theses Bozos flying around willy nilly it's important to know who's 'buying the votes, er , Ahem, peanuts' the next round.

phase12

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Dec 28 2004, 02:35 PM

Isn't \"dry drunk\" what recovering alcoholics call themselves?

Here's what I've noticed that you do: you make a provocative statement, receive an amplified response, and then protest that too much is being made of what you said. If you make provocative statements, expect randy responses. If you make suggestions about profound experiences or connections, expect others to pick up the cue and run with it. Don't come back later and say that all you were doing was fooling around.

I mean, I wouldn't; of course you're free to say whatever you want. Now, to get back to Bush and Kerry...

Okay, so you're saying that I can say whatever I want (thanks, BTW :) ) but you don't like the manner in which I say them? My responses where directly to what you have said.

Perhaps some recovering alcoholics call themselves "dry drunks" but that only means they are not recovering, at least that is the common standard by which members of AA go by. To them, a dry drunk is someone that has simply stopped drinking, but not in mind and spirit and exhibits alcoholic behavour. Oh, I guess you're going to use the "alcoholic behavour" as ammunition against Bush, but you really should attend some AA for about a year interacting with others before you really make a judgement call on just what that is.

Basically, a dry drunk may not be drinking, but has not mended his problem, half of which is emotional, and by AA standards, spiritual. Generally, calling someone a dry drunk is derogatory, which is what you intended. My point was, that I know from personal experience that it takes alot of strength, will power, and character to overcome the disease and addiction; having not only seen just from myself, but from others I have known. It's no picnic.

Oh, and I haven't come back to just say I was fooling around when making provacative statements. What I have done, is come back and apologize for choice language and terms I've used that ruffled some feathers. That I have done.

What you are pointing out, unless I am mistaken, is what I said regarding the endorsements from the Heinze Corporation, and Busch Beer. And I said from the very start that I simply found that to be funny and ironic, nothing more. If you don't find that to be somewhat comedic, then we just have a different sense of humor. You are really giving me more credit than I deserve. I don't sit here and plot posts for only sake of stirring people up. I do however say what I think. If something does grab your attention, then that's you. If I get out of line, and I sometimes do, I will come back and apologize and/or clarify. I'm not sure why I'm having to defend it this time around, however, because there wasn't anything to the Heinze/Busch connection other than what was originally stated... and that it is that I find it funny. My post was about lobby money, and your response to that was about a bunch of bozos and drunks.

My observation regarding the irony of those two company endorsements was simple, unloaded, and hardly designed to draw "amplified response." But I guess you're apparently looking into what I say a little too much. Maybe I'm part of the conspiracy?!

Now, my experience with alcoholism is something alot more serious and personal to me, and that is NOT something I'd be joking about. Plus, I do consider the President's ability to overcome the bottle a strength, which was the main point of that reply.

I don't expect anyone to "pick up my cue" and run with anything. I'm giving my opinions, my experiences, and I don't see why I am having to defend that.