Can someone please explain twitter to me?

Justinian

I'm not really understanding how this thing works. So you post a tweet and then there are followers and following.. But everyone can see who I'm following and what I tweet on their stuff? It's like if one person tweets, it starts an avalanche of tweets that eventually gets to you right?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'll explain it the other way around by comparing it to Facebook.
  • You can only post 140 characters long messages.
  • You have followers instead of friends. You don't have to follow your followers. That means way less BS from people you don't care about.
  • You follow only what/who you're interested into.
  • If you like a tweet you can retweet it to your followers.
  • You can put a tweet in your favorites too.
I prefer Twitter over Facebook because of the second point. Way less crap to browse through than Facebook. Less noise.

Yeah, everyone can see your stuff, but they don't have to follow you or whatever.

Justinian

Ah.. See I made the mistake of not knowing that people could just find you and follow you without you knowing. I thought you had to accept them like on Facebook.

Justinian

Okay Num.. so explain instagram now. I don't like facebook cause they seem to reset my security settings about once every 3 months. Actually I don't really like any of them, but I like to use facebook for satirical humor and to ease my paranoia. I recently learned that someone put a hit out on me that is on my facebook. But so they don't think I know that I'm on to them, I just randomly post that I'm traveling in places that I'm not. And by hit, yes I mean they want me dead.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't know much about it, never used it. To me, it seems to be kinda like Twitter, but instead of sharing tweets, you share photos. I heard people usually share pictures of what they are about to eat. Like pics of their breakfast. Weird uh?

So if you like to post pictures of your breakfast, Instagram is for you!

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Okay Num.. so explain instagram now. I don't like facebook cause they seem to reset my security settings about once every 3 months. Actually I don't really like any of them, but I like to use facebook for satirical humor and to ease my paranoia. I recently learned that someone put a hit out on me that is on my facebook. But so they don't think I know that I'm on to them, I just randomly post that I'm traveling in places that I'm not. And by hit, yes I mean they want me dead.
I gotta ask, why do they want you dead?:confused:

decade_later

Instagram is ok, I use it to post pictures of my vinyl collection, you get to follow other record collectors and see things you missed out on etc...

I don't use facebook or twitter, hate the way they're both done really.

Justinian

I gotta ask, why do they want you dead?:confused:
Long story, but basically people are stupid and don't understand how businesses work. They think if they kill me that means they get to take over my business.

And I keep hearing about this INstagram thing. I'm going to have to check it out. Can you do videos there too?