Cordless Technology

TimeFlipper

Maybe Tesla was good at disguises or he used a friends photo :p:D

Wouldn't surprise me. Tesla did predict text messaging. Makes me wonder if he time traveled.

"It will soon be possible to transmit wireless messages around the world so simply that any individual can carry and operate his own apparatus." - Nikola Tesla
The way Tesla could transmit messages around the world might have been by doing it through the earth! :eek:
If you bury a short wave radio in an aluminium box about five feet under the soil, and put the aerial feed directly into the earth, you should be able to receive radio programs from all around the world....You will need to use the headphone adapter from the radio to come up through the earth so that you can hear them...and its best to leave the radio switched on for about three days before you start listening, so that it collects the radio stations signals first.;):D.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Maybe Tesla was good at disguises or he used a friends photo :p:D

Wouldn't surprise me. Tesla did predict text messaging. Makes me wonder if he time traveled.

"It will soon be possible to transmit wireless messages around the world so simply that any individual can carry and operate his own apparatus." - Nikola Tesla
The way Tesla could transmit messages around the world might have been by doing it through the earth! :eek:
If you bury a short wave radio in an aluminium box about five feet under the soil, and put the aerial feed directly into the earth, you should be able to receive radio programs from all around the world....You will need to use the headphone adapter from the radio to come up through the earth so that you can hear them...and its best to leave the radio switched on for about three days before you start listening, so that it collects the radio stations signals first.;):D.

Well, in that quote he was talking about text messaging. Was he so smart the he could speculate about the possibility, or did he already see the future?

TimeFlipper

Well, in that quote he was talking about text messaging. Was he so smart the he could speculate about the possibility, or did he already see the future?
During the early days of the electrical telegraph system (mid 1840s) a "text" message, as it was called, was sent by morse code, and obviously Tesla knew all about this, hence the reason why he stipulated text messages..He expanded that to telephony which simply means voice transmission, and would have built a simple decoder so the the operator could use either text or voice transmissions, and even todays low powered transmitters have a greater range using morse code than voice transmissions do :)..I wonder if the Prof ever uses CW on his radio transceiver lol ;):D

The_Ruffneck

Health implications? Mobile telephones are known to cause brain cancer and many believe wifi has a negative influence on human health.Maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

During the early days of the electrical telegraph system (mid 1840s) a "text" message, as it was called, was sent by morse code, and obviously Tesla knew all about this, hence the reason why he stipulated text messages..He expanded that to telephony which simply means voice transmission, and would have built a simple decoder so the the operator could use either text or voice transmissions, and even todays low powered transmitters have a greater range using morse code than voice transmissions do :)..I wonder if the Prof ever uses CW on his radio transceiver lol ;):D

You do have a point. Perhaps he could forsee a personal telegraph system, considering he was the wireless inventor. Although it isn't a telegraph, he got it right. I would do anything to meet that man. Wow.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Health implications? Mobile telephones are known to cause brain cancer and many believe wifi has a negative influence on human health.Maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

That's something I might have to research sometime. I always wondered what all these waves/frequencies do to us, if anything. If you could see them all, the sky would be a mess!!!!

TimeFlipper

That's something I might have to research sometime. I always wondered what all these waves/frequencies do to us, if anything. If you could see them all, the sky would be a mess!!!!
The debate if mobile phones cause brain cancer or not has been going on for over a decade Paula....
I believe it all began when people put the phones against their ears, which is very close to the brain..Some studies said it heated up the brain and in consequence could create brain cancer...

Nowadays most people use hands free systems for chatting on or like me, they hold the phone flat on the hand and talk through it that way..
Personally i have not come across anybody yet who has developed a brain cancer directly caused by using a mobile phone..

Arctor

I have thought about this occasionally. Many phone manufacturers used to recommend you keep the phone a certain distance from your body. I don't know if they still do. This is a good article on it:

http://www.newsweek.com/iphone-6-be...r-iphone-shouldnt-go-your-pocket-avoid-273313

It does make me wonder. I don't really trust some medical studies anyway. Too much money involved. Also, it took a while for us to realize making stuff out of lead wasn't a good idea.

It is a shame that Tesla was never able to fully realize some of his ideas. I can't help but think that certain people did not like the idea of free wireless energy. There is no profit in free.

TimeFlipper

Thanks for the link about the iPhone :)
Its looks to me that Apple and the FCC are trying to cover their asses incase someone does try to say that they developed cancer, as a direct result of using a cell phone...another situation for the continuance of a multi billion dollar earner?? :eek:

Martian

Greetings, earthlings. It is a pity that some things were lost, but instead of leaving it to history, why not use the knowledge that these things are possible to make it a reality in the future? Our fate is up to us. :)