Deja-vu What Is It

Rosco..Jones

This may seem a little off topic, but I will give an explanation as to how DV works a few paragraphs down. That is, my opinion of how it works anyway.

I always try to fit metaphysical phenomenon into my view of how reality works. This would be a mufti-dimensional reality with the physical being 3d and the spiritual/non-physical being 4D. In a 4D framework, time is simultaneous with all possibilities existing at once. A 4D entity would be able to look at all of these, just like We, in 3D, can look around our physical surroundings. Life happens in a non-living universe when a part of the 4D spiritual intersects with this 3D world.

Note: In the book "Flatland", a 3D sphere visits a 2D world. All the 2D inhabitants can see is the 2D circle where they intersect. As the sphere recedes, they see the circle getting smaller and smaller until it vanishes. When the sphere returned, they asked where did you go? Sphere tried to explain the concept of above and below, but they just couldn't get it.

Now lets talk about us. Our microscopic 3D life begins at conception, 4d spiritual passes 3D tangent point. The fetus develops and increases in size, the diameter of the circle increases. At some point before or shortly after birth, the soul/personality enters the baby. Life goes on and eventually we die and the soul/spirit leaves the physical 3D world. Where do we go, Up to Heaven or Down to Hell? We really don't get it. Just like the sphere couldn't get the 2D folks to understand what the 3D frame is like, those that have died have a time trying to get us to understand what the 4D frame is like.

What was the question again? Oh yeah, Deja Vu and how it works.
Part of us does communicate with the 4D part of ourselves. Dreams, feelings, hunches etc. are types of communication that take place outside of the conscious part of our minds. In dreams, we often check out the different possibilities for choices/decisions we will be making in the near future. A decision made here will carry over into the waking world and modify the worldline you travel.

With Deja Vu, we may have our conscious mind momentarily aware of our immediate future. The future 0.01 seconds from now is pretty much set. But, 1 minute from now opens up for many different potential different futures. They will all be pretty close, but the longer the time the more the possibilities increase. Being aware of a future happening a millisecond before it becomes realized does not seem to be much of a big deal. After all, time IS simultaneous. We just don't see it that way from where we are..

Peregrini

Hi Rosco..Jones;
I want to see if I am following you correctly or not.
Are you saying that time, the 4D as you call it, exists all at once? Past, present, and future occupying the same space and moment but we, being 3D, can't see or sense it except as glimpses in dreams and premonitions? Then when we leave this 3D life we will be able to exist in the 4D realm?
It's an interesting concept and might offer an explanation of why dreams lasting only seconds seem like hours and why our perception of time passes differently when we sleep. If I am understanding you there may be more to the discussion.

Rosco..Jones

Hey Peregrini,
Good questions there. Let me come at explaining simultaneous time from a different approach.
Linear Time: In the beginning, we have the singularity that exploded to eventually give us the universe we see today. By looking back we can see all the changes that had to have occurred for us to be here.
Simultaneous Time: In the "beginning", we have the same singularity. The difference is, even as a singularity, it contained ALL of the potential possibilities from this beginning to the end of time. All of the possibilities exist simultaneously. When we look back we see the same changes that had to occur for us to be here. The difference here is that we see it this way because we ARE here. If things had happened differently, we would NOT be here. All the other possibilities that exist without us, still exist. But they are not part of the reality that we know.

(See http://www.edwardrice.com/threads.html for a more complete explanation of simultaneous time in a multidimensional universe.)

Life and consciousness weave through our local possibilities. We chose to experience the possibilities we like and ignore the rest. Getting off the track for a moment, lets skip to probability wave functions and their collapse. The simplest atom is hydrogen, with a one proton nucleus and one electron orbiting the same. This is not an electron particle that is traveling around and around in its orbit. The electron exists as a standing probability wave function. In essence, the electron exists simultaneously in all of the possible positions of its probability cloud with varying degrees of probability depending on the different locations. It is only when the electron has to interact with something does the wave function collapse and it acts momentarily as a particle. (wave/particle duality) Also, lets not forget that an electron is a point particle of zero size that has a charge and mass. (see Compton wavelength).

"but we, being 3D, can't see or sense it except as glimpses in dreams and premonitions?"
A point on a line; a line on a paper and a paper in a file cabinet are examples of how lower dimensions are contained within higher dimensions. We are not only 3D entities. The part of us that is not physical is part of our self that exists now and in all of time. There is no real beginning or end. A part of ourselves is also a part of "God", whose consciousness transcends all time and then some. Remember that mTheory provides for 11 dimensions and we are only at the 3D/4D boundary.

I have to leave, but I'll be back on this. Sorry about rambling.