Election rigged? Nah ;)

BubbuClinton

Re: Election rigged? Nah ;)

StarLord Said:
If it was me and I had a say in it, I would make it mandatory that in order to serve as a politician your first requirement would be that you are a farmer that has refused to be paid not to grow certain crops and that you decided to grow somthing that you could sell.

Second, All new laws would be suspended for a two year hiatus while the farmers go through a OJT session regarding laws and how they help us po' people.

Third, When in doubt, tax the rich even more, they can afford it.

Fourth, All politicians may not be allowed to take personal tax cuts AND will be responsible for paying into social security each and every pay period.

Fifth, The immediate formation of local militias by and for each state whose SOLE function is to uphold the constitution and a 'sharp eye out' on the present power structure.

Sixth, The immediate firing of all supreme court justices and a new search for honest, law abiding, lawyers that really, really care about up holding our Constitution and terms of service to be not more than 4 years.

Seventh, The immediate call for ALL debts past owed to the US. If you can't pay us, your debt will be converted to who we owe an you will owe them. All world wide loans will be paid by Germany, France, Russia, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Grand Cayman Islands, Canada, Switzerland & The Catholic Church. If you need a buck, go see them.

Eight, All voting to coincide with the pay period. In order to cash/deposit your check YOU WILL VOTE, PERIOD. Banks will be responsible for tabulation of said votes. Any irregularities to be fined and paid by the offending bank.

Wooa there boy, Let's take a look at this for a minute.

1. Farmers make good food but not necessarily good leaders. We had one once called Jimmy Carter. Need I say more. 

2. 2 year new Law Hiatus. Well, there are good laws and bad laws. But educating farmers may take longer than this. And who is going to teach them? It better not be Yale Profs.

3. Why do you hate Rich people? Even at a much lower rate they still pay more than the average middle class person. I don't think we punish industrious people. We should look more at the Fed and Fed policy rather than the standard screw the rich guy. Also smaller government would be good. Less taxes good. More bad.

4. I am fine with this.

5. I am for ownership of guns for the population and everyone should already be on the "Sharpe Eye" on the powers that be. We should as Paul would say. ?Vote the bastards out.? Blowing them up is probably not prudent at this point.

6. All you need to do here is 1) outlaw the ACLU and all that have participated in it. Including Ginsberg. 2) Reverse all Clinton Judicial nominations, and give the people to vote out standing Supreme Court Justices after 20 years of service. This gives them 20 years to be politics free and gives the populace 20 years to review what they have done to the country. The founders intended the Supreme Court to have one job. Decided whether a Law was constitutional or not. I agree that they have become activist for their own agendas and are trying to act as the congress and impose law rather than judge a law. I know that the Supreme Court was intended to be a life time nomination to free them from political influence. But, hey, they abused their power.

7. Interesting about the loans. If we are not interested in trading partners I guess we can do this. Someone has to buy our stuff though. So why piss of the whole world? I think you are really upset about delinquent loans for nothing in return. We should be more careful in our lending policies first.

8. Sounds a lot like Communism to me, boy. We have freedom of choice in this land. That includes the freedom not to vote.

We don?t need to change the constitution. We just need to follow it and make sure our candidates are not from Yale.

Bubbu,

StarLord

Ah say, ah say there, Iz jus knows ya said Leroy there son,:lol:

I have to challenge the communist comment only on the grounds that people take money serious. Hit them where their wallet counts and they pay attention. That goes for the banks and their customer. Costs them nothing to vote, the point is they WILL vote if you make it interesting enough. Folks will stay on their lazy ass if you let them.

Who cares what the whole world thinks, we are already in deep do do
this is a money issue. Why is it we have to get crapped on when it comes to folks paying what they owe us and have owed us for the last century or two? We ain't even talkin bout the damn interest we will never see....

I do not hate the Rich, I believe they should be cooked right and served to any one that can stomach them, including the very poor....

Darkwolf

I have to challenge the communist comment only on the grounds that people take money serious. Hit them where their wallet counts and they pay attention. That goes for the banks and their customer. Costs them nothing to vote, the point is they WILL vote if you make it interesting enough. Folks will stay on their lazy ass if you let them.

Star, I really do not want people to vote beacause they were forced to. That leads to folks walking in and checking names at random. If somone does not care enough about their citizenship to be informed and form an opinion, and vote of their own accord, then they have the right not to. Said people can also sit down and shut up if they don't like the way the country is going.

I do not hate the Rich, I believe they should be cooked right and served to any one that can stomach them, including the very poor....

In all seriousness, it strikes me as kind of silly to penalize somone for ammassing enough capatal to create jobs for others, and to buy alot of stuff thus enriching the econonomy. If the rich get poorer, well so does everyone else, neoliberal propaganda nonwithstanding.

Zoomerz

nice post Darkwolf....100% on the money.

I can certainly understand being cynical about our election process. Got laughed off of another forum for suggesting we (the people) take back the power to elect quality leaders by:

1. creating a representative body/branch/something to administer the election process. This body would not be derived or administered by any current government body, but would represent the people only (since the election is where the people's power begins and ends).

2. Limit and control campaign spending, and fund through tax dollars.

3. define and implement campaign legislation that promotes healthy debate amongst qualified candidates (meaning those recognized by the elections body as having a legitimate platform and the support of a determined constituency).

4. Eliminate campaign contributions entirely, which eliminates special interest.

I'm willing to bet if we can take back our elections, we can find leaders willing to "serve" America instead of being "served by" America.

I am so truly sick of political parties in general, and in particular, of a 2-party system, where we find ourselves voting for the lesser of 2 evils and along party lines, instead of electing competent leaders that we can trust.

Z- (the eternal idealist)

Judge Bean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Zoomerz\")</div>
Eliminate campaign contributions entirely, which eliminates special interest.

[/b]

No it wouldn't.

You can't kill all of the cats in town by drowning one litter.

StarLord

Then someone should let the dogs loose to clean up the camp grounds....

Darkwolf, I had in mind those bastards that take advantage of people in third world countries, those type.

Also, there is nothing wrong in "D None Of The Above" as a vote.

Third parties should be allowed equal time and funded by each major party. That would make it interesting. It was a real shame the way they shunted the third party off to the side last year.

BubbuClinton

StarLord Said:
Third parties should be allowed equal time and funded by each major party. That would make it interesting. It was a real shame the way they shunted the third party off to the side last year

The problem with 3rd parties is that you need a lot of money behind you to get them off the ground. The 2 major parties monopolize most of the fund raising out there. So most parties try to tie themselves to some hot issue, Green - environment, Libertarian - Anti everything, etc . . . By creating a new party you just introduce more outside influences and corruption. This is why George Washington was so anti parties to begin with.

Zoomerz has a point with his election reform Idea. The problem is that the money is so engrained in the parties that Paul's blood shed will have to come to pass to ferret it out.

Bubbu

Judge Bean

You could get rid of the two-party gridlock by abolishing the Electoral College and capping campaign spending at a fixed and equal amount of public funds. Sit back and watch the parties sprout like weeds. Ideally, there would be one party for each voter; we should start working toward that goal right away.

Somebody has got to rein in the networks, too. No more campaign ads! Every candidate gets equal time to jibberjabber about whether You're Better Off Than You Were Four Decades Ago and A Thousand Piheads of Lite Thinking and calling people Tax and Spend Liberals and Compassionate Conservatives, and all the other buzzphrase substitutes for thinking clearly.

What in the unutterable name of the dark realm is a Compassionate Conservative, anyway? It sounds like a bar drink.

I'll have a Compassionateconservative, and give my friend here a Screamingorgasm.

Zoomerz

Originally Posted by Zoomerz
Eliminate campaign contributions entirely, which eliminates special interest.

No it wouldn't.

You can't kill all of the cats in town by drowning one litter.

Ok Paul, I highly value your opinion, so what special interests wouldn't be thwarted by eliminating contributions?

Z-

Zoomerz

You could get rid of the two-party gridlock by abolishing the Electoral College and capping campaign spending at a fixed and equal amount of public funds. Sit back and watch the parties sprout like weeds. Ideally, there would be one party for each voter; we should start working toward that goal right away.
You're right about abolishing the EC if we want to move away from a 2-party system, and "capping spending at a fixed and equal amount of public funds IS EXACTLY what I had in mind. However, the elections body I speak of would have as a mandate the responsibility of "validating" candidates according to criteria that could be established. I don't believe we would see a plethora (I really like that word!) of parties emerge, for 2 reasons:

1) If the current "rewards" of office were removed, I believe we would see a more "purist" form of candidate emerge, hopefully wanting to "serve" the country. Many of them currently start out their careers this way now, only to be corrupted by power and enticed by special interest rewards.

2) The requirements and validation to become a "legitimate" candidate are definable, and thereby controllable. Yes, there is still room for corruption, however, since the people control the elections, they can fix the problem.

Somebody has got to rein in the networks, too. No more campaign ads! Every candidate gets equal time to jibberjabber about whether You're Better Off Than You Were Four Decades Ago and A Thousand Piheads of Lite Thinking and calling people Tax and Spend Liberals and Compassionate Conservatives, and all the other buzzphrase substitutes for thinking clearly.
Amen Brutha...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the FCC "licenses" the airwaves, and could barter for debate/forum/public service time if needed?

What in the unutterable name of the dark realm is a Compassionate Conservative, anyway?
Someone in the early stages of liberalism (of course) ....

Anyway, your points are well taken, and I'm sure I don't have even good ideas, let alone the only ones.

Z-