Electromagnetic Tunnel

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I found this interesting video on YouTube. I've never seen anything like this before. But it made me curious to see if I could figure out if this was legit or fake. It turns out it's real. Although if you make one, you will need to use bare copper wire to make the coil. And the battery will run down with repeated use.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Now we need to find a way to allow it to be weaponized

Actually it has been weaponized. This is just a small scale version of an electromagnetic rail-gun. I think the Navy has a few of those on warships.

walt willis

I would love to trade in my old rifle for one of those...
10 to the 34th power higher energy then nuclear fusion is what I was told back in 1965.
It was just this year that I found out the information I was given came from Phil Corso
through his brother-in-law.
For a very long time I thought that the book Phil wrote was hog wash.
After I found out that my teacher was his brother-in-law and that was where the 1965 information came from, I now understand why my teacher was so insistent that I not share what he told me with anyone!
It makes me wonder what is being held back from the public today?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
On YouTube there are a few guys that have made homemade electromagnetic guns that fire projectiles. They are still kind of bulky. But I could definitely see one of those taking the place of a firearm. The thing is there is no loud bang when fired. So you could kill your enemies silently.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Yea, but you can always use a silencer if your on a stealth mission, and in the middle of a battle you don't really need to have a silent gun. It honestly comes down to which gun is more effective.

Martian

Earthling weapons are so quaint, it's cute. :D

The Martian approach is a little different. You know those quadrupole magnets they use in particle accelerators to focus a beam of charged particles? By placing giant magnets like that in orbit between a planet and its sun, the solar wind can be focused into a narrow beam and be used to cook the planet and strip its atmosphere. It's quite fun really. The scale of it is huge though. :)