Ex IRS agent tells it like it is

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm just wondering if I can get back all those taxes I paid with interest.

TnWatchdog

I had a neighbor who was big in promoting the no tax thing. He had a church down the street but as time went on he ended up selling everything in the church along with the building. He ended up in South Carolina and last I heard he got convicted of tax evasion and locked up.

The IRS will get your money one way or another because they are thugs and they like to take what is yours.
My former neighbor promoted that you don't need to pay tax and got nailed for it.
In the case of the IRS...crime does pay.

TimeFlipper

I had a neighbor who was big in promoting the no tax thing. He had a church down the street but as time went on he ended up selling everything in the church along with the building. He ended up in South Carolina and last I heard he got convicted of tax evasion and locked up.

The IRS will get your money one way or another because they are thugs and they like to take what is yours.
My former neighbor promoted that you don't need to pay tax and got nailed for it.
In the case of the IRS...crime does pay.
I only had two meetings with the UK Inland Revenue, one of their employees found out that i had been paying too much income tax by forgetting to declare that i was married...I received a cheque for £2500 $3100 approx..

The second meeting was when i decided to stop paying the tax on my company car and bought my own car for getting to work and back...The employee went through a booklet that described how to make claims for my car and he even gave me a load of pre-printed monthly claim forms to send in to Inland Revenue..My income tax dropped significantly for nearly 5 years...Iam one of the few people that can say our IRS actually helped me a lot (y)

Wind7

Staff
When I was a working musician, I always had to pay in for taxes owed via a 1099 form. Well, one such form said I made $439.36....so about 2 weeks later I received an official letter from the IRS stating that being I made 43,936.00, I owed them something like 28,000! o_0

Due in 14 days!!!:sick:

I called my (then) CPA and told him, to which he replied, "just bring me that letter...pronto!"

I got to his office and he read the thing and he just got this unnerving grin on his face and said, "watch this"
as he began typing away.
His opening words were,

'To whom this may concern,
first off...do you people at the IRS have to take any special courses to prove your illiteracy is intact, alive and well?! How DUMB can you be to not recognize that a (.) is not a (,) ??!'

'My client remitted a 1099 for 439.36
which is no where near the dollar amounts you have arrived at!!'

He got a lot more insulting...to say the least, I thought that's it... I'm doomed! Lol!

My taxes were resubmitted.

It was about 3 weeks later I got another official letter,
It was an apology from the IRS!!(y)

That never happens!!!!

I still have it... somewhere.
I'm thinking I should frame it.

I never again submitted a 1099 showing cents.

Live and learn, eh?