exploding lightbulb

HDRKID

This does not have to do with time travel, so I did not know where to go. Right now, a light bulb exploded like right in front of me. There was a huge flash of light and a loud bang noise. Well, this is not the first time, but it was scary. Usually, I will feel a strong emotion before the event occurs.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What kind of emotion did you feel before it happened? Was it a positive or negative emotion?

Wind7

Staff
Was the broken glass on the inside of the bulb near the filament or did it explode outward?

Was it new? Old?

Are there any other electric/electronic devices malfunctioning?

Odors? Coldness?
Pets reacting to something unseen?

TimeFlipper

Windy, iam wondering if the bulb was one of those EU energy saving types?, if it was there is a big chance that Mercury powder was scattered about the room which is very bad for the lungs!..
I still use the older types of electric bulbs, as i dont allow that EU to tell me what bulbs i should be using!! :LOL:

Wind7

Staff
Windy, iam wondering if the bulb was one of those EU energy saving types?, if it was there is a big chance that Mercury powder was scattered about the room which is very bad for the lungs!..
I still use the older types of electric bulbs, as i dont allow that EU to tell me what bulbs i should be using!! :LOL:

That's a good point, TF.

I guess I'm just a bit more 'old school' and automatically think 'incandescents' as far as exploding light bulbs are concerned. Florescent lights can explode.... LED lights don't, afaik.