Find out what's really in your food -- instantly

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Find out what's really in your food -- instantly
160106090611-dietsensor-780x439.jpg

DietSensor CEO Rémy Bonnasse scanning the components of his breakfast.

When Rémy Bonnasse's daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 9, he had to start closely monitoring her food intake. Food labels helped a bit, but there are no labels when you go out to eat.

So Bonnasse developed DietSensor, essentially a massive database of food components that won a coveted innovation award at this year's CES. The corresponding app helps you measure your daily intake of food, making recommendations about what to eat -- and not to eat -- throughout the day, based on your particular health profile.

DietSensor really becomes impressive when it's paired with Consumer Physics' $249 pocket-sized "Scio" infrared scanner and a Bluetooth connected scale. Put your plate on the scale, and hold the scanner to each food item on your plate. The scanner instantly measures how much fat, protein and carbohydrates are in your food, and the connected app figures out how much of each component you consume as you eat, in real time, as it leaves the scale (and enters your mouth).

DietSensor has preset plans for individuals who are overweight, diabetic, have high cholesterol or heat disease. You can also enter your own daily consumption goals, based on your dietician's recommendations.

TnWatchdog

The scanner would probably go crazy while checking out my food from McDonalds or Taco Bell...go figure.
I don't think I'll be asking Santa for a DietSensor this year for Christmas...I may request something else.

TimeFlipper

I believe that people already know when they are overweight..diabetic..have high cholesterol and heart disease and will have had Doctors telling them what they need to do without a high priced infra red scanner and bluetooth connected to a scale thats linked to an app ::LOL::

Can anybody actually see themselves setting up those items when they are eating? :eek: But hey, i guess they might be a cool talking point for the people who like to show off their latest Gizmo`s to their friends and families, who may be an overweight person suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure coupled with heart disease.:(

Perhaps a simple basic app should be made for their cell fones which intermittently reminds a person to, eat less..watch your sugar intake..chill out more and relax and quit smoking and drinking too much....Hey maybe i have given someone an idea for making an app, and dont forget who told you about it, will you? lol :LOL: