Future invention timeline?

TheMedic2001

COLBERT the ISS treadmill, CEVIS the ISS stationary bike, and ARED the ISS simulated weight lifting, is all the exercise equipment for the Astronauts on board the ISS...They have to exercise for at least 2 hours everyday ;)..

The Russian Cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov holds the world record for spending 437 consecutive days on board the space station MIR, between 1994 to 1995, at the ripe old age of 53!! :eek:..he is still alive today aged 76 :cool:..

The NASA female Astronaut Peggy Whitson, retired shortly after her final space flight in 2017 aged 57...She spent a total time in space of 665 days...Middle aged people are certainly favoured more for long term space flights, i reckon @TnWatchdog and me should put in for a couple of those space flights!!! (y):LOL:..
Im still suprised they haven't at least tried using a high frequency sound to create artificial gravity in those spaceships...

TimeFlipper

Im still suprised they haven't at least tried using a high frequency sound to create artificial gravity in those spaceships...
o_O

Interesting reply....You reminded me of when i was researching vocal frequency sounds that groups of people were supposedly using to "lift" large heavy stones by chanting.....Hypothetically by reversing that process, a "pushing" force would be created, which would satisfy the people who believe that gravity is not a pulling force, but actually a pushing force o_O..

TheMedic2001

o_O

Interesting reply....You reminded me of when i was researching vocal frequency sounds that groups of people were supposedly using to "lift" large heavy stones by chanting.....Hypothetically by reversing that process, a "pushing" force would be created, which would satisfy the people who believe that gravity is not a pulling force, but actually a pushing force o_O..
Wait. There's people thinking gravity is a pushing force instead of a pulling one? I always thought of it as a distortion in space and time that can do both kinda like a magnet but instead of having poles it would have frequencies that would determine its push or pull lol

The_Observer

COLBERT the ISS treadmill, CEVIS the ISS stationary bike, and ARED the ISS simulated weight lifting, is all the exercise equipment for the Astronauts on board the ISS...They have to exercise for at least 2 hours everyday ;)..

The Russian Cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov holds the world record for spending 437 consecutive days on board the space station MIR, between 1994 to 1995, at the ripe old age of 53!! :eek:..he is still alive today aged 76 :cool:..

The NASA female Astronaut Peggy Whitson, retired shortly after her final space flight in 2017 aged 57...She spent a total time in space of 665 days...Middle aged people are certainly favoured more for long term space flights, i reckon @TnWatchdog and me should put in for a couple of those space flights!!! (y):LOL:..
The exercise equipment is preventative measures for muscle deterioration which STILL occurs nonetheless because they do not have a means of artificial gravity. They need to strap themselves into the equipment to faintly simulate gravity by providing tension. They should just spin that bitch (The ISS) and make it into a floating ring orbiter.

The_Observer

Wait. There's people thinking gravity is a pushing force instead of a pulling one? I always thought of it as a distortion in space and time that can do both kinda like a magnet but instead of having poles it would have frequencies that would determine its push or pull lol
It is a pulling force as depicted by the fabric of space-time being distorted by mass. Mass attracts other masses relative to its own mass.

100kg object would attract a 50kg object towards it faster than the 50kg object attracts the 100kg mass towards it. Both masses move towards each other due to the gravitational force exerted on the other object. The result is the 50kg mass moves MUCH quicker than the 100kg mass but they still both move towards each other. This is assuming there are NO other forces to act upon these masses so it's a thought experiment.

TimeFlipper

The exercise equipment is preventative measures for muscle deterioration which STILL occurs nonetheless because they do not have a means of artificial gravity. They need to strap themselves into the equipment to faintly simulate gravity by providing tension. They should just spin that bitch (The ISS) and make it into a floating ring orbiter.

You are entitled to your own opinions...However the purpose of that equipment is MEANT to prevent any muscle deterioration for the duration of the space flights....When the astronauts have immediately landed back on earth, you dont see videos of them being transported around in wheel chairs, or supported by the ground crews or maybe even using a walking stick, do you? :LOL:..

The_Observer

You are entitled to your own opinions...However the purpose of that equipment is MEANT to prevent any muscle deterioration for the duration of the space flights....When the astronauts have immediately landed back on earth, you dont see videos of them being transported around in wheel chairs, or supported by the ground crews or maybe even using a walking stick, do you? :LOL:..
Yes, I have seen astronauts come back to Earth and have to relearn to walk and use gravity again. You said I'm entitled to my opinion, followed by exactly what I said. It's a preventative measure but it's not a replacement for gravity and it isn't 100%.

TimeFlipper

It appears to me that the recovery rate for cosmonauts is faster when they are over 45 years of age :cool:.....Valeri Polyakov the Russian Cosmonaut was 52 years old after his mammoth stay on the MIR space station of 437 days.....Scott Kelly (shown in the excellent video clip) was 46 during his stay on the ISS and spent 340 days there, and the lady Cosmonaut Peggy Whitson, spent 199 days on the ISS, at the ripe old age of 57!! o_O..

Personally, i shall be contacting NASA with a view to being the oldest Cosmonaut ever (over 70 years old!)....I would start by spending 100 consecutive days on the ISS, however i will be taking along my own personal all in one exercise machine, and spend 4 hours each day everyday, exercising......Comparing myself to Scott Kelly, his recovery rate in 1 week was about 95% complete, i shall be looking for 100% recovery rate within 1 week....

Personally i believe that insufficient "psychological attention" has been made to every Cosmonaut, and my feeling is that with the right "psychological approach", the Cosmonauts would have even faster recovery times (Mind over Matter!)......... TimeFlipper is set to go folks! :eek::LOL:.....

Last edited: