GOD:True or false

Eutychus

Re: GOD:True or false

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Alpha and 0mega\")</div>
WARNING:?--created-->?---created->?--created--->?-created-->god

From the above?we can\'t see that if god really exist,than there must be something that created god,and another something or someone who created that somthing who created god and so on,so it will be endless and infinite.

Alrite,i guess from the above reasons are good enough to convice u that \\\"god\\\" doesn\'t exist.And then,some would ask,if god does not exist,then who created us?wat i think is maybe like charles darwin\'s evolution revolution or maybe perhaps some advance E-T have created us,and are observing their \\\"experiment\\\" from UFOss.
</span></span></span>
[/b]

First off, Alph, I think you are wrong in presuming this discussion isn't for religious persons, as if you're the first person to come up with these objections and that they are irrefutable. And aren't you a little young to be playing the part of someone so jaded?

Anywho, underlying your first objection is the common thread that runs through all humanity that there is a supreme being, almost as though worship, or the desire to worship, is an instinctive reaction. Why would such a thing be hardwired into us if we crawled up out of the ooze?

Your second objection, that our image of God is out of step with the times, really goes nowhere because if God exists, he's bigger than fashion trends and likely doesn't care. Heck, he may wear a leisure suit. Ask your parents about leisure suits.

If God played the role of disaster preventer, then we might develop the notion that there is nothing to worry about, God will keep the world running like a well-oiled machine. We would love him for what he does for us, not for who he is. Is that any way to have a healthy relationship with anyone? "If you do for me, I'll love you." Personally, I want more from my relationships than that.

"The heavens declare the glory of God" the psalmist said. Creation points to a creator in so many ways. The blueprints are everywhere if you have a powerful enough microscope. And for a 33 year stretch, God did come down from his sleepy heaven and say a big "hello" to us.

The Greeks had a term to deal with your 5th objection. It was the idea of the Prime Mover, someone or thing that was outside of creation, not bound by it, and therefor able to enact creation. Self-sustaining and uncreated. So the "who created God" argument was settled by Pletan (Plato), Socrates, Aristotle and the like.

God might have been an ET? OK, go the extra 2000 light years and determine how life originated where ET grew up. Life had to begin somewhere, sometime. If ET seeded this planet, who seeded ETs?
You can only use this argument until you get back to the big bang. Prior to that, the universe didn't exist. Life had to start somewhere. Where and how?

Fatpot

Here's my 2 cents..

"God" is in each and everyone of us, we are the creators of "God." In times of peril, we seek the "God" in us for help and strength. The "divine" beings are ETs watching over us because they are the ones who created us, or at least monitored us from the beginning.

Alpha and 0mega

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Eutychus\")</div>
God might have been an ET? OK, go the extra 2000 light years and determine how life originated where ET grew up. Life had to begin somewhere, sometime. If ET seeded this planet, who seeded ETs?
You can only use this argument until you get back to the big bang. Prior to that, the universe didn't exist. Life had to start somewhere. Where and how?[/b]
ok,good question,i hav no answer to that but watever it is i still fink e-t is more reasonable and belivable god than those originated on earth.

Alpha and 0mega

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Fatpot\")</div>
Here's my 2 cents..

\"God\" is in each and everyone of us, we are the creators of \"God.\" In times of peril, we seek the \"God\" in us for help and strength. The \"divine\" beings are ETs watching over us because they are the ones who created us, or at least monitored us from the beginning.[/b]
I AGREE!!!!!!!:)

Alpha and 0mega

WE might have been biological machines.we might be no different from robots.robots are made from metal and plastice,human r made from flesh and blood,robots have CPU and humans have brains,robots have wires and humans have nerves,so it is highly possible for some superior beings to create us.we couldn't jus pop out of no reasons with such complicated body or evolution that change us to wat we are.

Alpha and 0mega

Also,i found out that according to the bible or creationists.Its says...earth was created around 6000 years ago.That is ridiculous!Anyone from the modern era would say u gotta be kidding me,the universe and earth was created 6000 years ago??:lol:But to the people from the ancient world might think it is possible.Let me tell u why.Not till recently,only was dinosuars remains discovered,and scientist prove it to be at least a few hundreds thousands years old.But people from the ancient world didn't know this,so that prove that the bible is wrong.Another evidence is that if u were to look through a telescope,u could see distant planets from millions of years ago,but telescope wasn invented during that time.so thats another reason why god cam't be trusted.they got a full bag of lies to tell.

JediStryker

1) There is so many different god in the world,with different storys of how the earth and universe is created.From this we can see that all these story crash together,so its either one of these are right or all of them are wrong.

Then I say it's one of them is right. ;)

2) Oh,its the year 2005,does god know this?if he knows,why is he still wearing those ancient clothings.One reason i thought of is because,god is created by those people from the ancient world,so those people thought,god must the least wear something.Thus (obviously with any creativity) they choose the fashion of what they r wearing.Some people may argue,maybe god doesn't wanna change his clothings,he like it that way.I do not know bout this argument,i leave up to u to decide.

G-d doesn't wear clothes. The depictions of G-d that you have seen are artist renditions based off of their beliefs and preconceptions. Yeshua, who was G-d in the flesh, did of course wear the clothes of the time period that He lived in.

3) For the third reason,i read this up from a book.Its says,if god is so caring and almighty,why do disaster strike?killing thousands of innocent people like the recent tsunami and SARS.Can't god jus stop the disaster since hes almighty?or could it be that human beings are way too many for the earth to support,so god jus wanna kill some of these people to balance the human population?

Earth is the domain of the devil. We sold ourselves into bondage when Eve committed the first sin and Adam followed suit. G-d can, of course, influence matters on Earth, but ultimately we suffer the price of our own imperfection.

You also have to take into account that for G-d, this is only the beginning. The suffering we go through here on Earth is temporary. Death is only the doorway to new life, if you choose it. When I die, it will be a sad day for those I leave behind, but a joyous day for me, because I will be with my Heavenly Father for all eternity. So death does not have to be a sad thing for G-d.

Finally, and this goes into your next question a little bit; we are special in the fact that we were given free will. We can choose to end a lot of the suffering that happens in this world, but unfortunately our inherintly flawed natures usually keep that from happening.

4)If God exist,why don he leave physical evidence of his existance or maybe perhaps come down from his sleepy heavens and say a \"hello\" to us?

Like I said above, part of what makes us special is the fact that we have free will. We can choose what to eat, where to sleep, who to love. And that's what G-d wants from us, our unconditional love. If we knew for a fact that He existed, we would love Him. If we ever saw Him, we would love Him. Not because we wanted to, necessarily, but because it's inevitable. G-d wants us to come to know and love Him through faith, which is the ultimate form of love. Because we're sinful, we can't be in G-d's presence directly, because it would kill us. He can't just come down and say 'hello', because we would all perish at the sight of Him.

5)If god created us,then who created god himself?There must be someone or something that created god because god can't jus pop out of no apparent reasons or purpose.What i say is,\"god created us,we created god\".

The same could be said for any 'beginning' theory. How did the universe come into existence without a creator? There had to be some catalyst. What created the particles that caused the 'big bang'? Did they just always exist? You said that they could not.

G-d exists outside of the dimensions of time and space. He created those dimensions; he is not subject to them. He doesn't live for all eternity because he will exist for all time; for Him there is no time.

yeyeman9

WARNING:?--created-->?---created->?--created--->?-created-->god

From the above?we can\'t see that if god really exist,than there must be something that created god,and another something or someone who created that somthing who created god and so on,so it will be endless and infinite.

Alrite,i guess from the above reasons are good enough to convice u that \\\"god\\\" doesn\'t exist.And then,some would ask,if god does not exist,then who created us?wat i think is maybe like charles darwin\'s evolution revolution or maybe perhaps some advance E-T have created us,and are observing their \\\"experiment\\\" from UFOss.
</span></span></span>
[/b]

1)People need to invent their own stories to understand this being, this magical and powerful being. No one in humanity knows for sure, unless of course they are a Master, how God really works.

2)Again, a way for humanity to see God. God does not have any physical form, he is just full of light and love. We have a physical body in order to fit into the physical plane, but we are not really this way. We dont have a physical shape, nor does he.

3)Disasters are needed for people to learn and to experience live as it is. We have free will to do what we want, he can't control us. Some of us even chose(before encarnating) that we were going to die in this catastrophic natural event, therefore it is our choice, not his.

4)There is no need to leave any physical evidence. I believe life is physical evidence, dont you think? Those who seek the truth will know the truth. No need to make them believe, those that want to believe will believe.

5)No one really knows this for certain, this will probably be an unanswered question for the left of our lives...but we shall see.

Then again, who created this "UFOs" ?

Best Regards,
Yeyeman9

Ghost

Also,i found out that according to the bible or creationists.Its says...earth was created around 6000 years ago.That is ridiculous!Anyone from the modern era would say u gotta be kidding me,the universe and earth was created 6000 years ago??:lol:But to the people from the ancient world might think it is possible.Let me tell u why.Not till recently,only was dinosuars remains discovered,and scientist prove it to be at least a few hundreds thousands years old.But people from the ancient world didn't know this,so that prove that the bible is wrong.Another evidence is that if u were to look through a telescope,u could see distant planets from millions of years ago,but telescope wasn invented during that time.so thats another reason why god cam't be trusted.they got a full bag of lies to tell.[/b]

Not everybody who believes in God believes the world was created 6000 years ago. It never states in the Bible that the world is 6000 years old. Some creationists believe earth is 6000 years old and I don't know how they got the number 6000 as the age of earth, but there are many creationists who believe the world is millions of years old. The fact that Young Earth Creationists believe the world is 6000 years old does not disprove the Bible.