Good Morning

Timmy G

Re: Good Morning

My age is 25 standard rotations, which equates to 13.3 colonial rotations. I hail from New Washington of the planet Mars. This is the research institute established in 2018 by the Act of Expansion signed by the USA.

Rosson,
Welcome to the TTF, nice to have you here.
If I understand you correctly - we established a settlement on Mars in 2018?
Do you have any pictures you can show us? That would be righteous.

Rosson

Once again the curiosity spills forth. I shall attempt to answer all I can and am permitted to. Firstly, to curious, I must be careful in my use of the word war, for it holds far stronger connotation in this period than mine. Simply put imagine a war of words and actions, rather than a war of guns and bombs. I really shouldn?t divulge too much, but then from my interpretation, the words of what would be viewed an internet conspiracy theorist are not taken much to heart in this time anyway. In essence, the rift began opening early last year between the two countries and grows rather big within the next few years. The resulting rift causes some massive tensions between the countries, most of which will be felt by the Canadians. Simply resultant from the Americans lack of true knowledge on the issues at hand. Alas the USA can only blame media intervention for that. I am glad to say the Rupert Murdochs of our time are far more reliable and unbiased. All I can tell anyone who relies on their media is to read between the lines and do your own research if you want any chance of knowing the facts. Canadian media, while I have no true first hand experience of it, was purported to be one of the more reliable news media providers.

Additionally, I am happily married, though like most we have our struggles. Our main one being my trip here, while she knows nothing of its true nature, she was not overjoyed at my being absent for a while. I am able to communicate with her, one way. Rather infrequently for her taste. But I did not communicate with the intent of sharing my marital issues.

Strangevisitor, the Extra-Terrestrial Vehicles are of stellar origins. I don?t wish to get onto the subject of aliens, for this period it is rather an obscure topic. For example, here in the united states of today, I am an alien, simply by not having the necessary permanent resident papers, nor proof of citizenship. My birth certificate would seem rather obscure to most in this country wouldn?t you agree? Mars is not colonized, be careful of this word, Mars is simply a research outpost. Indeed, it is fair to say people live here, but not a colony per se. However, plans exist to bring colonies here. As you can imagine, Earth is rather crowded these days, and no signs of it getting better. It is reasonable to assume colonization is the next logical step in the Tokyo Accord. The computers don?t read minds per se. They communicate with us, and we them, ultrasonically. It is a complicated process, but you will see this unfold over the next few years. My research indicates Sony Corp is responsible; therefore keep your eyes on them. Sports, we have most of the sports of this time, but the new sports are Low-Grav. I am awaiting the four-dimensional sport. It is currently without a name, but appears similar to soccer but with up and down added to the dimensions. Movies still exist, some are Total Immersion, others remain on the ?screen? such as they are by comparison. Special effects are as with this period, computer generated. Some movies don?t even have actors. Just voice actors. This is done with some mapping technology. Alas I am no movie producer so I can?t really explain. Finally, your assumption is correct, to a certain degree. Obviously we have certain guidelines to adhere to. Additionally, all alterations must be approved through the Executive Branch. For example, most people may wonder in this time why I couldn?t remove Hitler or Osama Bin Laden. If the Executive analyses the facts and determines certain harmful probabilities then the mission is not approved. If the mission is approved we then have to assess its feasibility, namely, is there a window to that period available or not.

Twomey. I have made a note, I am curious, if ever I return and this site stands the test of time I shall, if permissible inform you of your existence, if you wish to know the conclusion. I love your questions. They are questions I asked as a child, namely, will we ever? I can answer 2 in one. Alas we cannot leave the Solar System. It does not appear we will for sometime. However there are discussions about the receipt of such technology, which will truly open new frontiers. Currently we use a form of Advanced Ion Drive. The prototype of which will begin use in the late 10?s early 20?s of your calendar. A simple Ion Engine devised in partnership between NASA and ESA. The power needs are what cause its failure at the time. Television is viewed in much the same way as currently. Holograms were toyed with, but just never feasible for anything more than novelty. Like DVD?s it just never reached the zenith that researchers hoped it would.

Headiebean. All I can say I have said. Politics is something the Executive hates for us to discuss, since I may make an alteration in which they are not in charge anymore. Hope you can see how this might cause me trouble later.

John, a good analysis. As you may deduce from my posts, we actually refer to standard cycles. It is in my naivety that I refer to AD. Since the earth, moon and mars revolve at differing rates, the term cycle was adopted 10 years post lunar. Hence my mission may be 0.5 cycles on mars, yet to standardize, it is 1 standard cycle. Namely one earth year. In short, time is typically viewed on the whole as past. I have traveled negative 82 standard cycles. Though I would tell a friend I went back 82 cycles. Hope this clears up my ignorance to some degree. Though I am unaware of any ?spiritual awakening? perhaps you refer to a story elsewhere on the board. I read something of monks earlier today.

Zoomerz, if you wish to ?bash? please feel free. It is of no consequence if you wish to hear what I share, if you believe or otherwise. I can and will happily leave, I was just hoping to share and enjoy this method of communicating. Since starting I have become rather good at ?typing? and think I have learnt a great deal of language more appropriate to this time. Perhaps I am wrong. Though please, feel free to ask me to leave, I will do so without incident.

Rosson

Alas no, the Act was signed in 2018. Work did not begin on the Outpost for many years after. During the time shortly after work was rather concentrated on sensible means of travel.

Zoomerz

Zoomerz, if you wish to ?bash? please feel free. It is of no consequence if you wish to hear what I share, if you believe or otherwise. I can and will happily leave, I was just hoping to share and enjoy this method of communicating. Since starting I have become rather good at ?typing? and think I have learnt a great deal of language more appropriate to this time. Perhaps I am wrong. Though please, feel free to ask me to leave, I will do so without incident.

Please don't leave on my acct Rosson. And please forgive my "clowning" around. No, I don't believe a word of what you say, but, I'm having as much fun with this as everyone else here, and don't wish you be offended. It goes with the territory upon which you tread.

So I will quit the jabs, because these are my friends, and who am I to spoil their fun.

Enjoy!

Z-

headiebean

uh..... hmmmmm is there anyway to prove you are from the future?

will you answer specific questions in pm's or in public?

PhantomLord

I really shouldn?t divulge too much, but then from my interpretation, the words of what would be viewed an internet conspiracy theorist are not taken much to heart in this time anyway. In essence, the rift began opening early last year between the two countries and grows rather big within the next few years.

Well the Liberal portion of the Canadian Goverment has been thumbing their collective nose at us since last year. Official's publically bash The President and this countries policies. They just backed out of a missile defense program saying the United States no longer had the right to shoot down any incoming missiles over Canada.

We in turn pretty much said Canada just gave up the right to their collective airspace.

It figures SONY would be responsible for these great advances in communication. They make most of the fun stuff today.

I dont believe in this BCE and CE stuff. Its BC and AD. Its how most of us were taught and in the long run it will be less confusing.

Well Rosson I'd like to say welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Timmy G

Rosson,

What about earth's moon? Do we establish an outpost there before mars, or ever return to it? Do the Chinese beat us to it?

will you answer specific questions in pm's or in public?
I do believe that the wishes of our Mod's here at the TTF are that all answers (unless on some personal level) be posted in public for all to see. Input welcome. :)