Gun Control in the United Kingdom So Successful That Now They are Calling For Knife Control

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
In a startlingly vivid example of what so many American gun control opponents say will happen, Great Britain is now begging citizens to give up their knives. See, after full-on gun control legislation was

Come on, now. Do the right thing.

placed into effect, they did indeed see huge reductions in gun-related offenses. These statistics are often used in gun control debates as supporting gun control, but as is so often the case, they only tell one side of the story. In reality, Britain has been dealing with a huge onslaught of “knife violence” ever since guns were basically outlawed. As you might imagine, the liberal wing of the British government is now asking for knife control legislation, and all over Britain there are bins asking people to “surrender your knife, save a life.”

It seems that perhaps there are just bad people in the world and you can’t stop them from acting out. However, there is a point here for gun control supporters. You can make the argument that some of these knife incidents could have been a lot worse if they had been armed with a gun instead. So, maybe there is something to that frequent argument, but it seems that it only starts a slippery slope of always working to outlaw the next thing that bad people use to do bad things.

Source: Common Sense Conspiracy

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm curious to know if the Police still murder people in the UK like they do over here in the USA.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
But how will I carve the Beef this Sunday?...

Police are not routinely armed in the UK so no, we do not routinely murder people although there are some incidents that are rightly investigated.

Very basically; In UK it is a citizens right to hold a Shotgun licence (as I do) providing you meet the criteria such as previous convictions, mental health, etc. and have a reason for use such as Sport, Rodent control, etc.

However any other sort of Firearms licence needs to be justified. I think most other guns that are owned are not taken home and are kept securely at gun clubs.

We had a School shooting in Dunblane, Scotland many years ago and that changed everything in relation to gun control. I think most people feel safe going to the shops, cinema, pub, etc.

HDRKID

It started out with guns. Police states always want to take your rights away. Sadly, it reminds me of school and the hideous spork - that ghastly hybrid of a fork and a spoon. Right now, most most movies are CGI and look fake for some reason. Look at this attempt to make the Great Gatsby, into a politically correct version.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
You can make a shank-type knife with just about anything..You can make all kinds of weapons...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
A crazy person will find another weapon. My gun doesn't jump out of the safe and hurt people, nor have I ever had urges. It's not the gun. It's the whacko using it.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Very basically; In UK it is a citizens right to hold a Shotgun licence (as I do) providing you meet the criteria such as previous convictions, mental health, etc. and have a reason for use such as Sport, Rodent control, etc.

The U.S. has an application process to carry as well.

Take away guns and you create a black market. You create crime. Remember the American Prohibition? Gangsters?