Healthy Eating on a Budget

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Eggs are the cheapest and greatest meal on a budget!!! On a low carb diet, they are staple!!! I lost 3 pounds this week increasing my egg intake.

Eggs always get a bad rap for being very high in cholesterol. But I found some research on egg consumption which tends to dispute the cholesterol myth. The study was done on healthy individuals. No one that was diabetic or having high blood cholesterol levels was included in the study. Apparently it is your liver that regulates blood cholesterol levels. In the study participants were eating 3 eggs a day. The blood cholesterol levels were monitored. No one in the study group had cholesterol levels outside the normal range. The study showed that eggs are a very healthy food to eat, and have no adverse effects on overall health.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Eggs are the cheapest and greatest meal on a budget!!! On a low carb diet, they are staple!!! I lost 3 pounds this week increasing my egg intake.

Eggs always get a bad rap for being very high in cholesterol. But I found some research on egg consumption which tends to dispute the cholesterol myth. The study was done on healthy individuals. No one that was diabetic or having high blood cholesterol levels was included in the study. Apparently it is your liver that regulates blood cholesterol levels. In the study participants were eating 3 eggs a day. The blood cholesterol levels were monitored. No one in the study group had cholesterol levels outside the normal range. The study showed that eggs are a very healthy food to eat, and have no adverse effects on overall health.

I've read the same study, and I began losing more weight ever since I started eating them daily. I recently had a cholesterol test, too. I'll know the results in a day or two. They're good schtuff!!!!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I live in California. Thanks to the state government we now have to pay $5.00 for a dozen eggs.
Just 5 $ thats really cool

Here in Florida, they are cheaper. I don't remember the price because I just grab them, but I believe they are around the $2.00-$3.00 per dozen range and sometimes go on sale for .99. Sam's sells 3 dozen for less than $6.00 as well.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Organic food in Florida is scarce and extremely expensive. I can't afford it. It's VERY difficult to find organic produce. The grocery store has a tiny little section. I don't have a Whole Foods close by or anything similar. Even if I did, the prices would be outrageous, most likely.

TnWatchdog

Organic food in Florida is scarce and extremely expensive. I can't afford it. It's VERY difficult to find organic produce. The grocery store has a tiny little section. I don't have a Whole Foods close by or anything similar. Even if I did, the prices would be outrageous, most likely.
Do you have a Publix, Florida based grocery chain, near you? I have one a mile down the road and they have good organic stuff and Trader Joe's is also affordable if you have one of these stores in your area. Farmers markets are big in my area too, although I haven't gone to one.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Do you have a Publix, Florida based grocery chain, near you? I have one a mile down the road and they have good organic stuff and Trader Joe's is also affordable if you have one of these stores in your area. Farmers markets are big in my area too, although I haven't gone to one.

Publix only has a little bit and it's high priced. The organic meat is outrageous. I decided to go as organic as I could one day and my grocery bill was $40 more than usual. I can't do that right now. They have no organic fruit at all, just a small section of vegetables and some meat. That's it. I have no Trader Joe's, either. :(