Healthy Eating on a Budget

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Eggs are fairly inexpensive here, between $2-$3 a dozen... But certain farmer's markets have cheap, fresh produce and eggs for sale. :) At least in Maryland...

TimeFlipper

From1960 to present, UK farmers sell duck eggs in pubs and clubs, they were banned from shops because every 1 egg in 1000 contains a very nasty tummy bug which could kill elderly people...This is due to the bad diets of the ducks..:D

Poison Apple i do hope your farmers give their chickens etc a better diet lol...btw a few years ago i bought 6 duck eggs and gave 1 of them to my sons mother in law, who consequently caught that tummy bug from it :eek:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
From1960 to present, UK farmers sell duck eggs in pubs and clubs, they were banned from shops because every 1 egg in 1000 contains a very nasty tummy bug which could kill elderly people...This is due to the bad diets of the ducks..:D

Poison Apple i do hope your farmers give their chickens etc a better diet lol...btw a few years ago i bought 6 duck eggs and gave 1 of them to my sons mother in law, who consequently caught that tummy bug from it :eek:
I hope so too, Timeflipper! :p So far, no nasty bugs... But the eggs in most grocery stores come from chickens/hens that are mistreated..

TnWatchdog

Eggs are the cheapest and greatest meal on a budget!!! On a low carb diet, they are staple!!! I lost 3 pounds this week increasing my egg intake.

I live in California. Thanks to the state government we now have to pay $5.00 for a dozen eggs.
Whole Foods sell them for $6.50 for free roaming eggs...otherwise they run from $2.50 to $3.50 a dozen in my area. What really pisses me off is the large eggs are the size that use to labeled medium or small. They all look like a small size...pay more and get less these days.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Eggs are the cheapest and greatest meal on a budget!!! On a low carb diet, they are staple!!! I lost 3 pounds this week increasing my egg intake.

I live in California. Thanks to the state government we now have to pay $5.00 for a dozen eggs.
Whole Foods sell them for $6.50 for free roaming eggs...otherwise they run from $2.50 to $3.50 a dozen in my area. What really pisses me off is the large eggs are the size that use to labeled medium or small. They all look like a small size...pay more and get less these days.

It used to be small, medium, and large. Now it's large, extra large, and jumbo.