Historian says piece of papyrus refers to Jesus' wife

Justinian

You are right on the money BT with saying it will never be exposed. And in saying about people needing something to believe in. I mean it's cool if you just want to say HEY.. I'm a sheep, I followed the herd, and when you die if there's nothing there you can at least say you tried. I think though that the two of us think along the same lines as far as inception of faiths. If you really really dig back into HISTORICAL findings on religions. Not what's wrote in any religious book. You will find just that people did need something to believe in, and some smart guy gave it to them. Regardless of real or not, that's how it went down. But with this article specifically.. I'm failing to find the reasoning behind whether or not Jesus having a wife is such a bad thing. I mean.. did anyone ever look at the fact that most of the angels are men? Or at least appear as manly characters. And that jesus' disciples were men? I mean.. maybe God and Jesus are gay.. I say that jokingly, but only to prove my point.. does it really matter? If God only liked men, but knew that it took a woman to procreate.. would that really change your religion? If it does, then obviously your faith wasn't as good as what you originally planned.

Octavusprime

The church knows all and should never be questioned! Ah my days in the catholic church have forever scarred me.

Baptism, Sunday school, communion, confirmation, alter boy. Now I only step foot in a church if someone gets married or dies.

I think everyone has to believe in something. It may just be they believe in themselves over the idea of a creator or all powerful god or gods.

All religions share the idea of living a particular way as THE way. Originally these were most likely a good thing in the development of civilized cultures. In a way religion civilized the world. Then religion was used by the ruling class to persecute those with differing views. Books were changed for political motives. Alas religion spurs war and hatred which is completely against the original principle teachings. The same thing has happened with the US. The founding fathers had good intentions. Too bad the road to hell is paved with them.

If only the ancient library's were never burned or pillaged by the crusades... We lost so much knowledge of our past during those times.

As for Jesus having a wife... It's only weird to me that he didn't.

BlastTyrant

The church knows all and should never be questioned! Ah my days in the catholic church have forever scarred me.

Baptism, Sunday school, communion, confirmation, alter boy. Now I only step foot in a church if someone gets married or dies.

I think everyone has to believe in something. It may just be they believe in themselves over the idea of a creator or all powerful god or gods.

All religions share the idea of living a particular way as THE way. Originally these were most likely a good thing in the development of civilized cultures. In a way religion civilized the world. Then religion was used by the ruling class to persecute those with differing views. Books were changed for political motives. Alas religion spurs war and hatred which is completely against the original principle teachings. The same thing has happened with the US. The founding fathers had good intentions. Too bad the road to hell is paved with them.

If only the ancient library's were never burned or pillaged by the crusades... We lost so much knowledge of our past during those times.

As for Jesus having a wife... It's only weird to me that he didn't.
That's just it the way the Bible sit's now is horribly incomplete and full with "possible translations" and anything worth any real value was taken out many years ago, as you said the only real truth to it was burned during the crusades.

I refuse to live under the strict and guide lines and every watching eye of Jesus, spending each day wondering if i sinned and have to pray for forgivness, to me that just seems like a horrible way to live. i was baptised Mormom "save the appauled looks for later" and i wen't to church every day as a kid until i started to questions why and how and i could never get a real answer, instead i was just told "God has a plan for us, you just have to believe" What if i stray from his plan? why do i have to live by a plan and not live by my own ideas? To wich the only response was "you just have to believe in jesus and gods plan"

"excuse spelling was typing under a time limit"

Justinian

yeah.. I was never the liked kid in church. Growing up with a family of preachers.. I was sent to youth groups to try and fulfill my sensational questions. Only to be left with more. Same as you BT, I always asked and asked, never liking the.. "you have to have faith" answer. I kept asking. A few times I was told to go home early. I think that narrow path for me started when I was attending a group with a friend. And was told after the third time that if I wanted to come back, that my mother needed to send a check next time. Coming from a poor family, that didn't settle well that this poor child of God was told that I needed to pay for something that I was always told should come free. So that only brought more questions.

trekie4ever

Ah I lived that life but endured. I made a point to mentor the little kids and be a youth leader. I encouraged questions and gave the beat answers I knew. Sometimes I asked the kids for answers
Their innocent untainted minds know a LOT.

I guess that kind of makes me an Antichrist. Corrupting youth and all to not take crap, to ask questions, and Learn Who God is yourself.

BlastTyrant

I have always been against children going to church just for the simple fact at there young age they don't have the knowledge or information to make rational decisions on a magical man you pray to and he helps you, not to sound cruel but it is unfair to the child since they are unable to make up there own minds on the subject, and instead are fed the fantasy tale that is the bible and taught to believe it as truth and follow its rules like there law

Apocalypse

That's just it the way the Bible sit's now is horribly incomplete and full with "possible translations" and anything worth any real value was taken out many years ago, as you said the only real truth to it was burned during the crusades.

I refuse to live under the strict and guide lines and every watching eye of Jesus, spending each day wondering if i sinned and have to pray for forgivness, to me that just seems like a horrible way to live. i was baptised Mormom "save the appauled looks for later" and i wen't to church every day as a kid until i started to questions why and how and i could never get a real answer, instead i was just told "God has a plan for us, you just have to believe" What if i stray from his plan? why do i have to live by a plan and not live by my own ideas? To wich the only response was "you just have to believe in jesus and gods plan"

"excuse spelling was typing under a time limit"

The biblical text, as was dictated by the supposed spiritual being "Yahweh" to slave-leader Moses, was written with alot of false information. It was later discovered that "Yahweh" *coded* the text too. This *coded* form will provide EVEN MORE false information to the operator, once it is decoded. This is solely because it was DESIGNED to divert Humanity's attention AWAY from the truth [by convincing the prisoners that it was, in fact, SHOWING truth].

trekie4ever

To be clear, Jesus is not a religion. He is the Son of God.
The "Sons of God" were the Nephilim. Are you somehow suggesting that "Jesus" was also around about 6'000 years BEFORE CHRIST?

First, before you misquote something you don't even believe in or think is real...

Son of God (Jesus) vs Sons of God (Nephilim) cannot even be compared in that sense. 'Son of God' is a New Testament Greek term while 'Sons of God' is an OLD Testament Hebrew and wholly Pre-Christian term.

Have you read the Book of Enoch? Do you know what the Nephilim truly are? You're actually basing your understanding of the Nephilim of what most Christian churches believe they are. (irony much)

Nephilim are hybrids, not Angels. And their purpose was not physical. It was because we have Authority and they do not. It was to usurp Man's inherent Divinity.

And I say this for everyone following this thread.

Remember Noah and the Flood or great Deluge. Anyone know the reason that Noah was picked? Look at any translation (except a few which are so watered down I can't even understand) and it says something interesting. For those of you who don't care and are convinced everything in the Bible is wrong I'll post it for you anyway:
Genesis 6:9
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Genesis 6 KJV - And it came to pass, when men began to - Bible Gateway Read all of Genesis 6. It point blank states that an extra terrestrial group came down and messed around with the genetics of man. Man became changed and fell away from who He was meant to be. God tried to rectify this by hitting F5, refresh, by washing it all away. Noah was picked because of his GENES. Noah was righteous and a believer, but he wasn't much better than you or I. He was a drunk. Later on you read that one of his sons raped him while he was passed out.

But regardless of how 'blameless' or 'perfect' other translations try to make him out to be, he DID believe in God, he Was warned (as were others I'm sure), no matter how much of a drunkard he was he listened, and his untainted genes made it through to help repopulate the world.

I will say this again to you: Stop bashing and hating on things you don't understand and start weaving the stories together. You'll find yourself learning a lot more. But then again, you probably aren't ready for the Truth that is hidden and twisted in all world religions.

Oh, and back on topic (since we seem to have a flamer or two who loves getting off topic): This papyrus was debunked as a fake about a month or two ago.