How was the Roman goddess, Venus, related to the planet, Venus?

Harte

She wasn't.
She was the Roman version of the Greek Aphrodite.
Aphrodite, after about the 4th century BC, was associated with two stars, the morning and evening star.
Those two stars turned out to be the planet we named Venus.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Hartey is very good on his Roman goddesses especially of the female varieties :D..just joking mate, keep em coming (y)

Harte

Hartey is very good on his Roman goddesses especially of the female varieties :D..just joking mate, keep em coming (y)
Well, it's Aphrodite, after all.
She was born out of the sea on a giant clamshell, full grown and naked.
What's not to like?
1200-9001the-birth-of-venus-c-1485-posters.jpg

Harte

TimeFlipper

What's not to like?

Harte

Does she have an identical twin sister who is also gorgeous, single and has a penchant for older fit men Hartey? :LOL:

She could be very useful me, for example, she could fish for me everyday and make a lovely giant clamshell bed ::LOL:: :D

Harte

What's not to like?

Harte

Does she have an identical twin sister who is also gorgeous, single and has a penchant for older fit men Hartey? :LOL:

She could be very useful me, for example, she could fish for me everyday and make a lovely giant clamshell bed ::LOL:: :D
She might fish, but she can't cook.

Worst thing about her:
In many of the later myths, she is portrayed as vain, ill-tempered, and easily offended.

Best thing about her:
At the temple of Aphrodite on the summit of Acrocorinth (before the Roman destruction of the city in 146 BC), intercourse with her priestesses was considered a method of worshiping Aphrodite.

I guess it depends on what your particular needs are, and your own ability to fulfill them.

Harte