If you could time travel...

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I've often thought about being the Greek God Zeus. Just need a stun-gun that can throw lightening bolts. There are experiments ongoing using two nitrogen laser beams to ionize the air. Ionized air acts like electrical wires and is very conductive to electrical arcs. Hook a stun-gun up to the nitrogen laser beams and you have a device that throws lightening bolts. So that might be one of my stops. Pick up a lightening gun in the near future and then off to the past to be Zeus.

Ayasano

I'd travel to whenever a better time machine was being built. And then use that machine to travel to an even better one, ad infinitum. Or at least until I found one that was implantable and allowed you to travel basically at will. Time travel would become as easy and usual as breathing. Imagine the possibilities.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'd travel to whenever a better time machine was being built. And then use that machine to travel to an even better one, ad infinitum. Or at least until I found one that was implantable and allowed you to travel basically at will. Time travel would become as easy and usual as breathing. Imagine the possibilities.
Would you dominate the world, or the universe, become a God?

Ayasano

Would you dominate the world, or the universe, become a God?

None of the above. If I can do it, then so can a million other time travellers. When I said it would become as usual as breathing, I didn't mean for just me.

And even if they couldn't, I'd probably end up more like the Doctor than a god, heh.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If you could successfully travel through time, would you? What time period would you visit? And what would you do while you were there?
:)

Only if: a) I would not disappear from this timeline and b) I could return to my original timeline (zero divergence).

If so, I would want to meet Nikola Tesla. I would also like to relive the 80's for a day or two and then see something totally futuristic like 500 years from now.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I've often thought about being the Greek God Zeus. Just need a stun-gun that can throw lightening bolts. There are experiments ongoing using two nitrogen laser beams to ionize the air. Ionized air acts like electrical wires and is very conductive to electrical arcs. Hook a stun-gun up to the nitrogen laser beams and you have a device that throws lightening bolts. So that might be one of my stops. Pick up a lightening gun in the near future and then off to the past to be Zeus.

Get your time machine working. Maybe YOU are responsible for the myth ;)

Ayasano

That only works if it's a single mutable/immutable timeline though, which I think @Einstein believes is incorrect, based on his posts. Under his assumptions, he could replace the existing mythological character in a new timeline, but not create it from scratch in this timeline. (No stable time loops in multiverse theory since travelling back would split off a new universe, afaik)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

That only works if it's a single mutable/immutable timeline though, which I think @Einstein believes is incorrect, based on his posts. Under his assumptions, he could replace the existing mythological character in a new timeline, but not create it from scratch in this timeline. (No stable time loops in multiverse theory since travelling back would split off a new universe, afaik)

Oh, come on. You're taking all the fun out of it. :)