Debunking I'm a Time Traveler (marko)

Sanyam Deshi

Marko claims to live in an alternate universe where Hitler is kind, there is peace, and many other things differ. Although this might make sense to someone who believes in the theory of infinite universes, it makes absolutely no sense at all from a cause-and-effect perspective. Think about it: there were millions of combinations of events that had to take place to make the world exactly how it is today. If the same exact "Hitler" exists in this other universe, every ancestor in Hitler's bloodline would have to have lived their lives in the same exact way that they did in our universe so that every ancestor encountered each other and every single correct reproductive cell met up. All of this would be required to create the same exact Hitler. Chances are that any divergence in our universes would have to locate sometime after Hitler's birth in 1889. Then, sometime between 1889 and 1951 (which he claims is the present year,) the entire world drastically changed and the world became peaceful. If the world was the same through 1889, that means it involved the exact same people. In such a short period of time, it would be impossible for the world to change to such a large degree. Plus, there would have to be a reason that the world did change. What event happened that changed everyone's mentality on everything? It's simply impossible for things to change in such a short time.

Marko also says that many modern-day diseases were eradicated in 1951 because military budget was used for medical research. This is also impossible because the medical budget and technology in the world from 1951-2015 is definitely much larger than the military budget of 1889-1951. By this logic, we would be delayed in our cures, but they would have already been discovered.

I know many of you like the theory of infinite universes, and I find it quite interesting myself, but just because there's an infinite number of possibilities, that doesn't mean that every possibility is possible. For example, a universe where the earth's oceans are lava instead of saltwater is impossible because such an earth would be uninhabitable anyway. Marko's story just seems to be one of these possibilities that could not have possibly happened. Although it was very interesting, Marko's story lacks a basis of cause and effect, and for that reason, I officially dedicate this thread to its Debunking.

RHYS

Hitler's rise to power was partially motivated by his "evil" (and by some estimates, strong personality disorders). If nothing else, this man wouldn't have become "who he was/known for his actions" without his experiences. Despite his narcissistic outward behavior and funky ideals, I believe he was a very insecure individual who wished to disguise his own Jewish roots. Ah, I could go on & on... to the point: no matter how many possible worldlines, I believe in the basic inherent spirit or consistency of a person's identity. Markos notion of Hitler being a polar opposite from what we know from our history seems to grant far too much divergence and brings on the question of "what makes a person who they are"? I personally don't think Hitler would have risen to any degree of leadership without the essence we know. Or it simply wouldn't have been Hitler. As for any kind of pre-destination theory, I also believe free will reigns supreme.

label

Multiverse or so it is called it is where every choice that can be made was made and every scenario that can happen did happen. Meaning when you felt like drowning your boss in a fishbowl on his table then just because that thought exist spawned a reality that it did happen and a version of you is now in prison because she/he drowned their boss in a fishbowl.

arvin

Multiverse or so it is called it is where every choice that can be made was made and every scenario that can happen did happen. Meaning when you felt like drowning your boss in a fishbowl on his table then just because that thought exist spawned a reality that it did happen and a version of you is now in prison because she/he drowned their boss in a fishbowl.

Then I'm a time traveler

label

Then I'm a time traveler

Bingo :) That is kind of the point :)