Debate In Time

Agree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AAA

Yes, you can go back. (Don't ask me for a technical explanation)

In terms of a paradox, consider a paradox is difficult to create as time has it's own (for lack of a better word) 'gravity'. Think of it like a string under tension such as a piano string or tight-rope. If/when you try to (or do) deviate from the set time-line, it is like plucking the string. It creates a type of turbulence and will eventually go back to it's original still and balanced position.

Side effects of doing so include all sorts of metaphysical anomalies effecting the physical world around you, ...and extreme mental instability. Perhaps the effects can be compared to sound waves.

I wonder if there is a way to break it free, to release the tension. Death?

Well you still have an issue there; if you go back in time and change actions (your ripples/sound waves) you ARE editing the past and changing events may lead to an alternative future how ever minor that may be but you would not be the same person that went back as the person that first went back and so the time loop has changed and that's impossible. Also tiny things change drastically depending how far back you go and as we know from the universe everything tenders to work out as intended BUT that's more of an argument that traveling backwards is impossible but traveling forwards is very plausible because we already are doing it; just were talking about on an individual scale

There are several people on this planet who've discovered solid and compelling evidence of time travel to the past, which is in direct conflict with your hypothesis. You're hypothesizing in terms of IF/CAN/CANNOT while others hypothesize HOW.

We don't know how it works yet. What we do know is indicative of it being entirely possible, as per evidence discovered as well as breakthroughs being made in theoretical physics. Thus any position in the matter is somewhat premature. It can only go so far. At this point in time, it is similar to the abstract and obscure nature of a religious debate. ("Substance of things hoped for, evidence of things unseen")

But let's indulge anyway, just for fun.

One can argue that not going back when/how you are 'supposed' to is an equivalent example of deviation. In other words; going back to alter things is equal to not going back if you are destined to do so. Perhaps each time it is done, it sets/resets the form of the time line, and any action not exact to the set form can/will result in turbulence. Maybe that's just part of how it works. ...like an expected effect thereof.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
IMHO, backwards time travel is possible. This video implies that the singularity is used for forward and a vacuum is used for backwards. I believe that math is the key. How to actually do it, I don't know.

David Wolfe | Facebook

IMHO, backwards time travel is possible.

How? And what evidence do we have this is possible?

This video implies that the singularity is used for forward and a vacuum is used for backwards. I believe that math is the key.

I may watch the video but I am not a big video watching fan just cannot sit through them.

It would require math and technology. If knew how, I'd be rich. :) The video is only like 3 mins or so. It's very interesting. :)

Chocomil

From what I gather your knowledge says you are not able to travel back in time before a "machine" is actually built. In my time there is no guy named Albert Einstein. He never existed. We gained our knowledge through A guy names Hans Lippershey who ended up coming up with amazing theories that were just so amazing that it led to a new enlightened time. He lived to be 75 who at the time was just outrageous on the first place.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
From what I gather your knowledge says you are not able to travel back in time before a "machine" is actually built. In my time there is no guy named Albert Einstein. He never existed. We gained our knowledge through A guy names Hans Lippershey who ended up coming up with amazing theories that were just so amazing that it led to a new enlightened time. He lived to be 75 who at the time was just outrageous on the first place.

Your "machine" doesn't disappear.

Chocomil

You say this because you are biased. You really believe your knowledge to date so much that you are demonizing any other knowledge unknown to you. It's like when everyone thought the earth was flat and anyone who said otherwise was labeled a quack, and probably got murdered for it. But you couldn't blame their bias back then as they "were" right. They believed it so strongly that they would reject anything else. And that's okay, I wish you knew what I know about science that you have yet to discover.