Is this a good idea?

Genius

King Ivan
I'm thinking of inventing (or building) a machine that makes you smarter but I haven't figured out a name for it yet. I'll explain how I might do it: I read about the transcranial direct current simulation (TDCS) device a few months ago, and just a few days ago I thought of making something better than the TDCS. It will be able to make you smarter more than the TDCS does, and it will also be able to make you stupider (not for me of course:D). To do this I'm thinking of making my own TDCS device (or something similar), but I'll be adding to types of liquids. One to make you smarter, and one to make you stupider. It will also have Mozart music (to be smarter), and since I was reading that laughing and playing games make us smarter, I thought I could add some kind of mini-TV either to watch funny cartoons or something, or for video games that are funny. But I'm not sure if anger makes us stupider. If it does, I could add video games or movies or cartoons that make you angry. So what are your thoughts? Should I add something, or should I change something...etc. Also what do you think of the idea to make the person able to view and listen to everything he/she wants. And do you think there's a way to scann information and put it in your brain, or to transmit information into your brain so you can memorize and learn easier?

Martian

If you want to make people stupider, just let them watch cable tv. No new invention needed there. :rolleyes:

Genius

King Ivan
If you want to make people stupider, just let them watch cable tv. No new invention needed there. :rolleyes:
I know I can do that, but I want one device that can make you smarter and stupider. So there can be a mini-TV for video games (to make you smarter), and for cartoons, movies...etc. (To make you stupider)

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Genius - All the ideas you've addressed here are indeed very interesting! :)

Hmm...since you mentioned Mozart, I suggest you can add mainstream rap to the list in your head of things used to make people stupider. I'm assuming you're the type of person that hates rap. (If you do like rap, I'm very sorry I offended you. :()

Then again, if all else fails, you might want to try and contact a good alien race. ;)

Genius

King Ivan
@Genius - All the ideas you've addressed here are indeed very interesting! :)

Hmm...since you mentioned Mozart, I suggest you can add mainstream rap to the list in your head of things used to make people stupider. I'm assuming you're the type of person that hates rap. (If you do like rap, I'm very sorry I offended you. :()

Then again, if all else fails, you might want to try and contact a good alien race. ;)
Thanks. And actually I could try adding rap, and I do hate it. And I'll still contact a good alien race even if I succeed in building or inventing this.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

I'm thinking of inventing (or building) a machine that makes you smarter but I haven't figured out a name for it yet. I'll explain how I might do it: I read about the transcranial direct current simulation (TDCS) device a few months ago, and just a few days ago I thought of making something better than the TDCS. It will be able to make you smarter more than the TDCS does, and it will also be able to make you stupider (not for me of course:D). To do this I'm thinking of making my own TDCS device (or something similar), but I'll be adding to types of liquids. One to make you smarter, and one to make you stupider. It will also have Mozart music (to be smarter), and since I was reading that laughing and playing games make us smarter, I thought I could add some kind of mini-TV either to watch funny cartoons or something, or for video games that are funny. But I'm not sure if anger makes us stupider. If it does, I could add video games or movies or cartoons that make you angry. So what are your thoughts? Should I add something, or should I change something...etc. Also what do you think of the idea to make the person able to view and listen to everything he/she wants. And do you think there's a way to scann information and put it in your brain, or to transmit information into your brain so you can memorize and learn easier?
For the liquids try adding liquid oxygen to hydrogen peroxide, it wont make you smarter or thicker, but it will send your rocket off nicely enough ;):D