Its impossible to time travel without causing a paradox

Apri1

Even if there is such a thing as time travel (and IMO there isn't,) no time traveler has ever posted here or on any other forum (or other form of media.)

Harte

Time travel certainly exists. I'm one such person. But yeah, no one else it seems.

A prng has its own issues. Sure it's unpredictable and unguessable, but also requires a completely static timeline. For the prng test to work the traveler would need to be the first and only time traveler that there ever is, was, or will be. That way the traveler can travel from point A to point B and back to point A without wondering whether somebody else is messing around on the timeline which would cause a different result on the prng. There's also the problem that just by trying to pass the test the traveler creates another timeline which would cause issues for the traveler passing similar tests. I just don't see something as unpredictable as a prng given the same results across the multiverse.

I guess this logic applies to lottery numbers too, but that's mainly a rigged system so the chances are better that tomorrow's winning lottery numbers are the same or similar across the multiverse.

How would it effect the prng? The only way it'd change is if the algorithm changed. It's probably the most consistent thing. But yeah, guessing "unknowable" stuff isn't really the best test, I agree. A prng is incredibly predictable, provided the algorithm and seed are consistent. Either way, future knowledge tests basically require you to ensure you're in roughly the same timeline so that the question is the same. It's better to get something more static, than less if that's the goal.

I am convinced you don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps you never bothered to read the thread where The_Observer passed the test. Maybe it would be easier if I administered the test to you. So you can demonstrate how you can guess the answer to a question chosen from an infinite question base.

So here it is: "Please provide the answer to the question I haven't asked you yet."

You linked the thread, and I read it. As for me, I could easily guess a number, or yes/no and that'd cover most of the questions you could ask. But here's an answer I could provide that works for all of your questions: "Please ask a better question, that one sucks." That's my answer.

Or perhaps I'll just copy cirrus, 42. If you didn't understand my answer, it's because you didn't understand the question you asked.

Crap, that answer was already used.

Doesn't matter, he'll ask something dumb like what your age is. As long as there's a reasonable amount of uncertainty in your answer, it works.

So perhaps here's my "answer":

Depending on which timeline I end up in by the asking of the question, the answer will be one of the following:
25, yes, green, it's not possible, my cat, it didn't collapse, someone else killed him, and yes my name actually is April.

Hopefully that satisfies all of your questions you could possibly ask. I've certainly missed a lot but that should cover the basics.

If my answer appears "wrong" it's because you failed to understand your question and my response.

I should've timelocked my answer to prevent reading it until after the question was posted. But I'm nice and figure you aren't going to tamper with the question after seeing my response. If i was doing a real test, that's what I would've done.

Mayhem

Zenith
He holds the power over the question why this is ridiculous.

No one would ever know if or what was said or answered.

Its like saying what number have i got and guess.

Tbh Einstien your showing your self up here.

Hows this to do with the OPs question?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
You linked the thread, and I read it. As for me, I could easily guess a number, or yes/no and that'd cover most of the questions you could ask. But here's an answer I could provide that works for all of your questions: "Please ask a better question, that one sucks." That's my answer.

Or perhaps I'll just copy cirrus, 42. If you didn't understand my answer, it's because you didn't understand the question you asked.

"What is the manufacturers name printed on top of my computer mouse?" Answer is: "Microsoft"

You didn't pass the test. Despite bragging that you could guess the answer to an unasked question. I believe that this demonstration shows that guessing will not work with this kind of test. A pool of infinite questions to choose from shows no preference for any particular category or type of question to be asked. Something that I see you are having a hard time grasping. Please be aware that providing an answer and providing the answer to my question are two different things. I did specifically ask for the answer to the question I haven't asked.

This test does filter out all the hoaxers. And it had worked on around a half dozen of them before you arrived.

Apri1

There is no reason to believe you, and every reason not to.
So, I don't.

Harte

Perfectly understandable. Honestly if people did believe me, that'd be kind of depressing. I don't really care if you believe or not, since my goal here isn't people just blindly believing and being excited about my presence. I'm just looking for information.

"What is the manufacturers name printed on top of my computer mouse?" Answer is: "Microsoft"

I got the answer correct. You just didn't understand the question and didn't understand my answer.

You didn't pass the test. Despite bragging that you could guess the answer to an unasked question.

You didn't understand my answer. I passed the test fine. I perfectly predicted your behavior. Just because I thought your question was dumb, didn't mean I didn't know what you were going to ask.

I believe that this demonstration shows that guessing will not work with this kind of test.

Lol. Except it doesn't. It just shows you have no idea what you're talking about. The one "pass" you got was guessed.

A pool of infinite questions to choose from shows no preference for any particular category or type of question to be asked.

Feel free to ask me a question similar to the one you did to The_Observer. I can easily answer 28 or 92 and you'll stupidly believe that's my actual age, merely because I guessed. You have no way of knowing if he got the answer to your question correct. So why hold me to a valid/correct answer, and not him? Your hypocrisy shows the failure of your test. If it was about a knowable fact, then certainly you failed to ask the right question to him, and he failed to provide the right answer.

Regardless, I actually did answer your question. Here were my responses to "What is the name of the company printed on my mouse."

1. Please ask a better question, that one sucks.

2. it's not possible for me to know such an answer, as I'm not psychic (how would I know which electronics you use?)

3. Depending on which timeline I end up in by the asking of the question, the answer will be different (you didn't ask this question in many timelines).

4. But I'm nice and figure you aren't going to tamper with the question after seeing my response. If i was doing a real test, that's what I would've done.

I easily predicted that for any "real" test you'd have manipulated your "question". As demonstrated in my earlier comment, I should've timelocked my answer. Either way, I provided multiple actual valid answers to your questions. Just because I refuse to play your game doesn't mean I'm somehow wrong.

Something that I see you are having a hard time grasping. Please be aware that providing an answer and providing the answer to my question are two different things. I did specifically ask for the answer to the question I haven't asked.

Lol. Yet again another failure of your "test". I explained so many times why it fails, yet you don't listen. You believe jokes and hoaxes are real travelers, and then ignore real ones. It's kinda funny. But feel free to keep deluding yourself. I'm just trying to help.

This test does filter out all the hoaxers. And it had worked on around a half dozen of them before you arrived.

Well yes, it just regards most as wrong, and upon "success" you believe a hoax is true. It's an idiotic test.

Cirrus

Regardless, I actually did answer your question. Here were my responses to "What is the name of the company printed on my mouse."

No, you didn't. In 30% of the timelines, the name of the company on the mouse says "Gates", "Gates, Inc.", "Gates & Son", and, in one more strange timeline: "H.G. Trump".

If I'm correct, @Apri1, you profess to be able to slip between timelines. What is your method?

Harte

Perfectly understandable. Honestly if people did believe me, that'd be kind of depressing. I don't really care if you believe or not, since my goal here isn't people just blindly believing and being excited about my presence. I'm just looking for information.

I got the answer correct. You just didn't understand the question and didn't understand my answer.
I didn't comment on any Q&A.

But please, continue to skim over the "every reason not to" believe you in my post.
When I say every reason, I mean every reason, not just what I feel like is true or what normal, everyday experience tells me.

I know a little bit about Physics, so I know you are hoaxing here. Other people may not know this because they don't realize much about the univese they live in. So, people like you can pass this off as "opinion."
I assure you my opinion is quite informed - more than enough to know you are jerking chains.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Hartey, that April1 is completely nuts!...She knew she could never correctly answer Einsteins question to her (which she clearly didnt!!) :ROFLMAO: and yet she had the utter stupidity to say to Einstein, " I got the answer correct..You just didnt understand the question, and didnt understand my answer"!!! :ROFLMAO:...OMG, ive seen everything now Hartey!! :ROFLMAO:..

Last edited:

Apri1

No, you didn't. In 30% of the timelines, the name of the company on the mouse says "Gates", "Gates, Inc.", "Gates & Son", and, in one more strange timeline: "H.G. Trump".

If I'm correct, @Apri1, you profess to be able to slip between timelines. What is your method?

Lol. I've talked about my travel and methods quite a lot here. I'm obviously fucking around.

I didn't comment on any Q&A.

But please, continue to skim over the "every reason not to" believe you in my post.
When I say every reason, I mean every reason, not just what I feel like is true or what normal, everyday experience tells me.

I know a little bit about Physics, so I know you are hoaxing here. Other people may not know this because they don't realize much about the univese they live in. So, people like you can pass this off as "opinion."
I assure you my opinion is quite informed - more than enough to know you are jerking chains.

Harte

My joke answers to Einstein are obviously just me fucking around. My comments and stories about my alternate timeline experiences are absolutely real. My explanations may not be accurate, but I'm happy to discuss. If you've got a clear idea of what's up, I'm happy to hear you out.

Hartey, that April1 is completely nuts!...She knew she could never correctly answer Einsteins question to her (which she clearly didnt!!) :ROFLMAO: and yet she had the utter stupidity to say to Einstein, " I got the answer correct..You just didnt understand the question, and didnt understand my answer"!!! :ROFLMAO:...OMG, ive seen everything now Hartey!! :ROFLMAO:..

I'm glad you find it hilarious. That's the point. There's no way I could've gotten the right answer (besides a lucky guess). But the point is you can bastardize any vague answer into being "correct". It's absolutely stupid.