Japanese Pyramids

Loopi

The Bearded One
Ya I remember seeing this awhile ago. There hasn't been an update recently. Maybe start doing some digging when I get some free time and see what we can find. Thanks for bringing this back up almost forgot about it.

TnWatchdog

Great post as I like reading about History even though I hated it in school! 2000 years ago, residents of Japan's coastal region may have been told that someday the big one would come and their city would sink into the ocean...Oh no, this won't happen to me or my great city. Sounds familiar to what we hear today about the dangers of living on the coast, the changing sea levels, or changing sea locations. I thought living outside Nashville was far enough away from the coastline, but some of the future water maps put me under water or right on the coast. Guess I need to buy a raft or go in the business of selling rafts.
I've got your 2012 survival flotation device...buy yours today, while the supply lasts!!

kurisu

I highly highly doubt those are natural. They do look unusually even though. I can understand why people would be interested in it.

070919-sunken-city_big.jpg

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I saw this picture back then. As they say in the article, it can possibly be of natural origins, as the way sandstone breaks underwater over long time periods.

It's in an area in which it may make sense to find ancient underwater cities though, so I won't say it's a natural structure right away. :)

JasperMoon

History Channel shows its hour long show on this every once in a while. It has also shown upon the Ancient Aliens series.

Justinian

I'm going to start a new thread, but there is a similar argument for a site in south america.. but its deep in the jungles.

Peregrini

These structures have been known for some time now. First reported in 1987, (though most likely discovered long before that. Just no one cared about it) a more recent study began in 1999. The claim that it is "man-made" may be only partially correct. The structures date to about 10,000 to 12,000 years ago when civilization was not considered to be present. A newer estimate of "man-altered" sections puts dates at around 2000 to 3000 years ago. The absence of any "internal" structures helps contradict that it was built by man, but man could very well have made alterations to the surface structures after the time civilization was considered active. It may be a natural structure remodeled by men.That is where I place my vote.
http://historicmysteries.com/submerged-yonaguni-jima-ruins

Justinian

I personally know someone who has gone diving near this, and he says they are just amazing. He said the pictures don't do it justice. He says, in the pictures you can maybe make assumptions that this or that is natural, but when you get down on it in real life.. he says its like the foundation for some building no question.