John Titor Research Updates!

virtualgirl

Re: John Titor Research Updates!

LetThereBeLight,

To begin with, I don't know what your problem is. When someone researches, as long as you follow guidelines, there is nothing illegal about it. I am an adult and I do know the law. I also understand laws governing the FCC. I am in communications, though my facts for my research DO NOT come from there. When I gave everyone the chance to help, that is exactly what it was. A chance. If you choose not to participate, you don't have to, but I can tell you that I will not sit here and allow you to slander me in anyway so please from now on, choose your words carefully. That means, you don't accuse anyone of treason or any other illegal activity. And how do you figure that I don't practice what I preach? Do you mean saying that you are working on a research paper? Tell me how that is a lie? This is basically a research paper. It's research being placed in words. And I don't think giving the names of the engineers is going to jepordize national security. That is just ludicrous. The engineer in question is retired to begin with and even if they weren't, the project wasn't a government project therefore it was in a classified state. I am now curious as to your erratic behaviour. Why did this subject hit you in a sore spot. That makes me wonder what your take in this is. Didn't you say you were there during the original postings? Maybe we should actually be looking at you. Could you possibly be one of the Titor members? I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm just trying to figure out why you all of a sudden fly off the handle over something so small. Getting the names of the engineers is only a small part of the puzzle and it's absolutely not illegal. If you recall, I said if the story is real, no one post the true identities of the people in question to protect them. If they are fraudulant, then there is no law that says we can't post it. They are the ones that would have started the story to begin with. The only thing that would cause a problem would be if someone were to stalk or harrass the person (s) in question.

Virtualgirl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"LetThereBeLight!\")</div>
Okay, I been as nice as I can be, but that is unethical, and may be even against the law. Instead of calling it a civil dispute as some people tend to do, the actual Civil War started in the '60's with the protest against Vietnam. It was referred to both major political parties and told in no uncertain terms that between the Republicans and Democrats there are ways to do thing in this Country that support the U.S. Constitution. The rest is anarchy and is not allowed in this Country. It is not jealousy, madness, or anything else, it is being what is called -- a domestic enemy of the U.S. There are way more important things to do in this Country, and you must assume that picking on some people who are not even here to answer post is one of them. JT is not here to answer posts.
Now for example, I will mention the Supreme Court ruling lately. It is assumed that it was a conservative court that past that ruling about the government taking what it considers about people's homes and whatever. However, it was not a conservative court that passed that ruling -- it was the liberal members still on the court that interpret the foundation of the Country, the USA, and the U.S. Constitution.
I do however suggest that such aggression be viewed for what it really is, and that is a complete undermining of this Country. In fact, Titor mentioned to actually read the U.S. Constitution and actually understand it. IBM is a major company, and the people on the project may not mind when asked questions, however if it is a National Security Interest, you will immediately have to think that then other people will be doing their job, and watching what is done very closely, as they are in the job that allows them to do this sort of behavior. It may not seem right that no one can do it, however at this time, such tensions of pursuing whether or not it is allowed by anyone may not actually be so -- at this time. Since I have been in it and I am older, perhaps, that is really why U.S. West finally went out the door. There are Freedoms and Rights, for everyone who is a U.S. Citizen, and that means everyone, whether one agrees with policies set forth from major political parties or not. However, there are those people who do not agree with either political party, and have set up other political parties because of that disagreement.
Saying that anyone can do anything in this Country without proper authorization may be thought of, but actually is not allowed. A construction person has to have permits, the communications industry has to follow standards made by the FCC and other standards are used in other industries in this Country. It is not merely whatever is convenience for a person to do. Now proceed however you wish, but do not expect anyone just to go and do something because you do not practice what you preach.

That will be construed as perhaps what it is, and some people differ in their opinion. Usually it has been left up to interpretation, but in the end there is usually no glory in the procedures. In other words, they may applaud the person, or condemm the person.

I will mention that some people lately are so laxed in their personal views that they however do not mind if they get someone else in trouble. This happened at U.S. West, and finally they all went out the door. Since it was me, who went through part of this, of trying to be nice to the wrong people, you will now have to understand that I will not take part in such discussions, as it may represent the wrong view about many things about how and why this Country the USA was made. Thus lawyers always lately seem to be called in, so that may be another consideration that will have to be applied. However, at this time, there does seem to be a Supreme Being that created all of us, and lately you will not hear the term \"God Bless America\", for simply God does not like this Country, not all that much. He may not like other Countries either, but consider the fact that in the U.S. Constitution, the term was put in it, because of the behavior of some people in this Country to claim that they (he or she) can do anything they want to. That is not so!
Now, with that in mind you may make your decision, but without putting it in proper dimensions, of a binding contract, it may be only a foolish person that would follow that advice. However, there are a great many number of other people who are watching for this type of behavior, and think, that anything like that refers to actually someone because they can not contain their behavior are actually trying to start a Civil War. However, at this time, the original one has not really been resolved yet, just became sort of a Cold one at this time. However, I may point out, that it may be a new generation that has their brains together that leads the way out of this dilemma, that religion seems to infer. The Result of all of this, is really what is the option to do with the rest of this World, that precludes that those other Countries behaviors are any different. Some people think therefore that it may be Armageddon coming up, because simply put, people are not actually that good in this World. And the result is that which is going on now!
Either this Country (the USA) comes together at this time at this point, or the days may live in infamy!
Proceed!
I do have real work to do. However one may think in the end, it was your decision whether made on a forum or you preceived yourselves to be better than what other people may think that you actually are. At this time you may want to really reread Titor, and think about this little tidbit if information, as something that is still going on, but may not actually go on forever, if there is a Lord and Supreme Being up above. However, I would watch the Devil, and what that person is doing also!
To me it ceases to be research when an answer is needed so bad, that someone else decides that someone else ought to do what they will not do!
However at this time, there is an indication that since the website for the movie, and the letter from the supposed JT mom, that indicates that the person actually did not work on the IBM 5100, and that is there at the website for the Fig26film website whatever the link is for that URL![/b]

LetThereBeLight!

And I will admit that to some people caught up in all of it, life has been made more difficult, exactly the reason is that there may have to be a N war, and do not expect either political party to babysit anyone about it. There may be differences in other Countries, about how they intend to survive such an encounter, but the threat as been real since the end of WWII. However, at this time, through the Declaration of Independence, people are stilled supposed to be endowed with "certain inalienable Rights", and some such people have totally ignored that document and results will happen because of that. That still infers that there is a Creator, even tho some people may not like this World because of this World, and the state it is in, at the present as in the Past, as it may be in the Future, but nonetheless, the only discussion really taking place, is the how to go about this World by either political party. That seems to be a bone of contention in this Country. But I as recently told a Senator, I do not have the time for this contention anymore, and have to make a living first.
Some other people like that also contend that the contention will not produce an economy and really is -- a waste of time!
Now, that also to me, has to be included in a research of anything connected with this Topic, and perhaps, anyone will see, that some people may or may not benefit from such research, but eyes may be cast upon such people in this Country, sometimes for no reason at all, sometimes for discrimination, sometimes, because some people may assume that all one has is time and can be allowed to displace such Time.
It may also be called a time distortion gravity displacement unit in the end, however, I really do not know, and at this time, it does not seem to be something that can result.
However.............................it is not my field, and was only partly my field of study at one time earlier in my life.
Fields of study however can be discussed, but by now, most people have concluded that it just results in another -- waste of time!
Those may be older people who think that the Lord may have to be present to resolve the issues in the end! It may be younger people, it may result in all people at least thinking about it, but then there are other people who do not want to think about it anymore, as they also knew about it in the first place. However..............................
I do not wish to actually involve myself with such action anymore, and do not see the need to, nor will I, unless it is thrust upon me, at which such time, I suspect there will be many people who are really upset about having that done to each individual person.

virtualgirl

EDIT:

LetThereBeLight,

I think you must have been posting at the same time as me. Please scan up the page and read my last post. There is no need for that behavior.

Thank you,

Virtualgirl

Goodwin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"virtualgirl\")</div>
LetThereBeLight,

I think you must have been posting at the same time as me. Please scan up the page and read my last post. If you would like to discuss the end of the world, I believe that we have another thread on the forum designed just for that. This thread is designed strictly for \"John Titor Research\". Please stick to subject matter.

Thank you,

Virtualgirl[/b]

Ooh....nice.

Game set and match to Virtualgirl I'd say.

Maggot7

Titor has to be real where did he get those pictures and that time machine looked well built it looked real

fanavans

Well, I just had a great chat with some guy in IBM's communications department. He told me that John Caridas (I didn't get the spelling) worked on the 5100. I am unsure of the veracity of his assertion.

The conversation fell apart quickly well he called my bluff and asked for the name of my 'blog' for which I was meant to be preparing an in depth article... "Um um [stumble, unprepared] I want to keep it private [with a little hope] at this stage."

Oh well, it's something I guess.

virtualgirl

Great work fanofvans! I didn't have that name. That is something! I'll see what I can find on that name and report back. Again, great work. See what happens when people pull together. You put great minds together in a room and you can produce extraordinary things.

I thought you guys might like to read this research paper about the 5100 and what it can do. I can't say that I understand it all but it is very interesting indeed! When I start seeing stuff like force and time stuff like that, it catches my attention.

http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/161.../ibmsj1601E.pdf

fanavans

Thanks for you kind words Virtual - It's FUN!!!

The guy I spoke to @ IBM actually sent me an email! (I thought I had stuffed it completely) I have pasted the text below; I thought for his sake I would remove his name and title etc. If you want it Virtual I will send it by PM.
The BOLD is mine, i think I got all the names.

Hi there,

Non-IBM personal computers were available as early as the mid-1970s, first as do-it-yourself kits and then as off-the-shelf products. They offered a few applications but none that justified widespread use.

Drawing on its pioneering SCAMP (Special Computer, APL Machine Portable) prototype of 1973, IBM?s General Systems Division announced the IBM 5100 Portable Computer in September 1975. Weighing approximately 50 pounds, the 5100 desktop computer was comparable to the IBM 1130 in storage capacity and performance but almost as small and easy to use as an IBM Selectric Typewriter. It was followed by similar small computers such as the 5110 and 5120.

IBM?s own Personal Computer (IBM 5150) was introduced in August 1981, only a year after IBM executives gave the go-ahead to Bill Lowe, the lab director in the company?s Boca Raton, Fla., facilities. He set up a task force that developed the proposal for the first IBM PC. Early studies had concluded that there were not enough applications to justify acceptance on a broad basis and the task force was fighting the idea that things couldn?t be done quickly in IBM. One analyst was quoted as saying that ?IBM bringing out a personal computer would be like teaching an elephant to tap dance.?
During a meeting with top executives in New York, Lowe claimed his group could develop a small, new computer within a year. The response: ?You?re on. Come back in two weeks with a proposal.?

Lowe picked a group of 12 strategists who worked around the clock to hammer out a plan for hardware, software, manufacturing setup and sales strategy.
It was so well-conceived that the basic strategy remained unaltered throughout the product cycle.

Don Estridge, acting lab director at the time, volunteered to head the project. Joe Bauman, plant manager for the Boca Raton site, offered manufacturing help. Mel Hallerman, who was working on the IBM Series/1, stepped forward with his software knowledge and was brought in as chief programmer. And so it went. As word spread about what was going on, talent and expertise were drawn in.

Estridge decided early that to be successful and to meet deadlines, the group had to stick to the plan: to the use of tested vendor technology; a standardized, one-model product; open architecture; and the use of outside sales channels for quick consumer market saturation.

About a dozen people made up the first development team, recalls Dave Bradley, who wrote the interface code for the new product. ?For a month, we met every morning to hash out what it was this machine had to do and then in the afternoons worked on the morning?s decisions. We started to build a prototype to take ? by the end of the year ? to a then little-known company called Microsoft.? The team beat that deadline. The engineers were virtually finished with the machine by April 1981, when the manufacturing team took over.

The manufacturing strategy was to simplify everything, devise a sound plan and not deviate. There was not time to develop and test all components. So they shopped for completely functioning and pretested subassemblies, put them together and tested the final product. Zero defects was part of the plan.

On August 12, 1981, at a press conference in New York, Estridge announced the IBM Personal Computer with a price tag of $1,565. Two decades earlier, an IBM computer often cost as much as $9 million and required an air-conditioned quarter-acre of space and a staff of 60 people to keep it fully loaded with instructions. The new IBM PC could not only process information faster than those earlier machines but it could hook up to the home TV set, play games, process text and harbor more words than a fat cookbook.

The $1,565 price bought a system unit, a keyboard and a color/graphics capability. Options included a display, a printer, two diskette drives, extra memory, communications, game adapter and application packages ? including one for text processing. The development team referred to their creation as a mini-compact, at a mini-price, with IBM engineering under the hood.

The system unit was powered by an Intel 8088 microprocessor operating at speeds measured in millionths of a second. It was the size of a portable typewriter and contained 40K of read-only memory and 16K of user memory, as well as a built-in speaker for generating music. Its five expansion slots could be used to connect such features as expanded memory, display and printing units and game ?paddles.? The unit also ran self-diagnostic checks.

Containing 83 keys, the keyboard was connected to the unit by a six-foot coiled cable, which meant users could rest it in their lap or on the desktop without moving the rest of the system. It also included such advanced functions for the times as a numeric keypad and 10 special keys that enabled users to write and edit text, figure accounts and store data.

Options included:

? ? ? A printer that could print in two directions at 80 characters per
second in 12 different character styles, and also check itself for malfunctions and provide an out-of-paper signal.
? ? ? A color/graphics monitor with 16 foreground and background colors and
256 characters for text applications. Its graphics were in four colors.
? ? ? Multiple 32K and 64K memory cards that could be plugged into the
option slots to increase memory to 256K.

The response to the announcement was overwhelming. One dealer had 22 customers come in and put down $1,000 deposits on the machines for which he could not promise a delivery date. By the end of 1982, qualified retail outfits were signing on to sell the new machine at the rate of one-a-day as sales actually hit a system-a-minute every business day. Newsweek magazine called it ?IBM?s roaring success,? and the New York Times said, ?The speed and extent to which IBM has been successful has surprised many people, including IBM itself.?

As the popularity of the personal computer skyrocketed, a virtual cottage industry of software developers emerged to meet the demand for application solutions. Along with the demand for software, the need to focus on complete customer solutions became apparent as the possibilities of desktop computing evolved.

To keep up with the personal computing market, IBM developed and introduced enhanced and faster models throughout the decade following the launch of the IBM Personal Computer.

Keroscene

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"virtualgirl\")</div>
LetThereBeLight,

I think you must have been posting at the same time as me. Please scan up the page and read my last post. If you would like to discuss the end of the world, I believe that we have another thread on the forum designed just for that. This thread is designed strictly for \"John Titor Research\". Please stick to subject matter.

Thank you,

Virtualgirl[/b]

I don't think he was talking about the end of the world. I think that was a little rude what you said to him, and don't understand why you did.

StarLord

Fanavans,

Great post. However, they missed the supposed "Little known" feature that supposedly could debug Linux which is supposed to fail in the future....
Which was the whole reason that all this took place right?