John Titor's Time Machine

PamelaM

Actually the handheld device looks like a converted calculator with pieces of wood or plastic taped or painted over and buttons from another device taped on with electrical tape.

pauli

Didn't someone produce a play based upon John Titor?? Perhaps this was the prop from that production. It is the only answer that makes sense to me about why someone would make this device. Now that the production of that play is over, maybe someone is trying to sell the prop. If not, :blink: then I can't even imagine why anyone would want to even try and make this sort of a thing.

The_Ruffneck

If you ask me the handheld device is a voltometer , like electricians use , with duct tape all over it.

PamelaM

I don't think a production play would require all of the electronics inside.
props are usually things that look real on the outside and nothing on the inside.
Why would a prop need all of that stuff on the inside?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Maybe there was a scene where they displayed what's inside of it. There's tinfoil on some parts of it so it must have been meant to be viewed from a ways away.... It looks tacky.

Oh, sorry for stickin' Hoytroid.com on the photos, Sue told me they were posted on Anomolies as well so I figured it's a good idea to show where they came from originally.

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Dec 12 2004, 03:36 AM
Oh, sorry for stickin' Hoytroid.com on the photos, Sue told me they were posted on Anomolies as well so I figured it's a good idea to show where they came from originally.

They're not only posted at anomolies, but The Time Travel Institute and AboveTopSecret. No one bothered to link them to say where they got them. I figured, let's give our sister site a plug!

Hoyt!

P.S. If anyone wants the originals, I'd be happy to e-mail them to you. Just drop me a PM.

sosuemetoo

I wanted to give everyone an update on the Time Travel Machine ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5542161982

I have heard nothing further from the seller.

I ran over there this morning to find that the auction closed early. There were two bidders. The second retracted his/her bid because the hit the wrong key. That left the first bidder.

It seems the seller closed the auction early stating: "The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken."

How does something become broken when it never worked in the first place?

Maybe the seller and machine are "Lost in Time" ;)

"Mom"

Lenora

Evening,

You know, when I first read this story I had a good laugh.. Like yes, some idiot made a copy and is trying to sell it on e-bay.....

But then it hit me, just by chance, lets say this thing would really work, and for some reason the real owner has disappeared, or it was stolen from him/her or somebody send a machine back in time...

Lets say it does work and now all it has as owners (of TT machine) is us....

(Ouch) :blink:

Lenora

StarLord

After the general concensus, just a few things are possible IF all the wiring was connected AND juice was able to get to all parts: Simpletons would never get past the red light , waiting for the green light to light up; Simple Drag Race fans would wait for the 'christmas tree' to go through its motions, and because the box never took off down the driveway laying a path of black rubber and wasn't 8 seconds faster in the quarter mile, would turn away in disgust because they had gotten ripped off; because the microwave tube turned a religious pet owners rabbit into haussenfeffer while it dozed, the Church would have been alerted because the time machine was obviously possed; and after waiting many hours for something to happen, you decide to take the aluminum wrapped dixe cup, unwrap the foil from it and use it to have a few shots.