John Titor's Time Machine

Gamur316

is it just me or is that a motor on the bottom left connected to nothing :huh: ... Umm I dunno much about chipy stuff but I took apart a few radios and I know that a motor has 2 wires that give it electricity, inside are magnets and wire that make is spin. Thats IT! why is that motor not connected to anything ... exuse me if im wrong but isnt all a motor dose is spin the tip, if thats not connected then I think its just there not doing anything ... ? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Gamur316

sorry for the double post but don't you see the Danger Sticker, it says something about authorized personnel can only enter ... is this just... DUMB? :D'oh: :blink: a box has a door... maybe they mean authorized personnel can enter the door through time, cuz I don't think that sticker should say that .... :angry:

I got a good question for you "Time travellers", Why don't you go back and see how the Universe started, or see Adam and Eve, Or The Dinosaurs! Why just stay around 1975 and 2050... just go back before Time even Started! :devil: :dry:

Well Goodnight, I'm off to sleep ... Cya .... Yesterday! :lol:

Mod edit to correct spelling

RobbyRacer

Just joined tonight but have been reading posts here for a long time. I think the true test of any time traveler is wether their machine also compensates for the movement in space that occurs every second that ticks by. Just think for a moment....during that moment the Earth rotated and orbited the Sun, our Solar System moved in relation to the rest of the stars in our Galaxy and our Galaxy moved in relation to the rest of the Universe.

Go back or forward in time one day and the Earth is not where you left it...you end up in dead, cold space. Go back 30 some years like John Titor claimed and the Solar System is not where you left it.

Just a thought, Rob

Timmy G

Go back or forward in time one day and the Earth is not where you left it...you end up in dead, cold space.

Welcome aboard Robby.

I find the whole Titor story fascinating in itself, but I lean more towards doubt than belief. The point you make is excellent, but I do believe that JT covered this very topic in one of his chats. If I remember right, the item that helped with this subject had the word 'Gravity' or 'Gravitational' in its name. I am sure there are many more who ppl at this site which could add specifics, but it took into account the earths rotation and the fact it is speeding through space.

I personally have to say that I am now stuck on the fact that JT claimed his GPS system, from the future, worked when he came back here. I find this very comment he made hard to believe based on Moore's Law which talks about technology doubling every year.

Once again - welcome, and keep up the thoughtful posts! :)

DadOf5

Originally posted by Timmy G@Jan 6 2005, 11:58 AM

I personally have to say that I am now stuck on the fact that JT claimed his GPS system, from the future, worked when he came back here. I find this very comment he made hard to believe based on Moore's Law which talks about technology doubling every year.

Timmy, I think that was Alexander that claimed to have a GPS system from the future that worked in this time, not Titor.

yeyeman9

That is definitelly fake. When you compare the pictures you can see the difference. The real one is bigger. And some parts on this one look fake. like the "2 cirlces", look way more real on the actual one that this one. It is a good replica tho.

Timmy G

Timmy, I think that was Alexander that claimed to have a GPS system from the future that worked in this time, not Titor.

Dad of 5 - I beg to differ. The location for this information came from JohnTitor.com - The post came from December 10, 2000 11:32

Is the GPS system still in use in 2036?

Oh yes! In fact, the unit I have with me works here. I'm not sure why that surprises me. There are also a great many communications and Internet satellite systems.

Personally, for reasons mentioned in my previous post ( Moore's Law for starters ) I have a problem believing his reply.

..... just my humble opinion.

BTW - Happy New Year Everybody :)

DadOf5

Originally posted by Timmy G@Jan 6 2005, 08:02 PM

Dad of 5 - I beg to differ. The location for this information came from JohnTitor.com - The post came from December 10, 2000 11:32

Oh yes! In fact, the unit I have with me works here. I'm not sure why that surprises me. There are also a great many communications and Internet satellite systems.

Personally, for reasons mentioned in my previous post ( Moore's Law for starters ) I have a problem believing his reply.

I stand corrected. Thank you, sir. :D

Apparently GPS systems are even more popular in the future. ;)

steevieg

Originally posted by DadOf5+Dec 9 2004, 10:20 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sosuemetoo@Dec 9 2004, 06:34 PM
I have received close up pictures of the Time Machine Case Model C200 MAC Displacement Unit from the seller.

Here are some CAD drawings of Titor's machine that Lev posted some time ago.

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...p?showtopic=194

Also some pretty good pictures of the unit for comparison.

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...1216&#entry1216
[snapback]17665[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

hello. i'm new here, but honestly, that item being sold on ebay looks nothing like the pictures from jt. =\ no possible way that is real.

first of all, the item on ebay is like half the size of the supposedly "real" one.
second of all, there's one part near the bottom of the picture that really, REALLY looks like a styrofoam cup wrapped in tin foil.

unless anyone can actually prove this thing to be real, or even identical to the "real" one, this thing is a bonafied fake.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Timmy G@Jan 7 2005, 01:02 AM

This is true-- see Dad's thread.