Kerry's flip flops

CaryP

Kerry's flip flops

I really hate Kerry. I mean Bush is OK, since he picked Alan Greenspan, but Kerry is just an idiot.

iooqxpooi, I'm glad you know mathematics (from chat), but you don't know economics. Greenspan will be the ruination of the US and global economies. Bush is smarter than Kerry? That's a good one. They both suck in my book, but "Kerry is just an idiot" in comparison to Bush - I about died laughing.

At least Bush has the guts the say and do things that he knows is going to tick people off. I like that in a leader even if I disagree with him.

It's easy to stay on topic when you've been programmed and told what to say. Have you ever seen the guy try to field a question he isn't prepared for? Stumbles, stammers and fumbles around like a chimp on quaaludes. If he's having one of his more lucid moments, he falls back on crap like "the lessons of 9/11 can never be forgotten" "we were attacked, we're a country at war" "I'm a war time president" "we have to bring the evil doers to justice" whether it has anything to do with the question just asked or not. I could go on, but I'm sure you have most of them memorized by now just from watching the news.

Okay, Mom messed up. I threw fuel on the fire here. I know that many people on this board do not like Rush. I'll try not to do it again.

I was just giving my source (just one - Rush) instead of googling for three sources where Kerry had said three things at three different times.

Mom, please. Just because I find Rush an easy target to pound on, isn't a reason for you to stop referring to him or his rantings, uh, drug induced delusions, uh, what he says. I agree with him on the Kerry flip/flop phenomenon. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Rock on with Rush if that's what floats your boat. You have no problems with me on that. Just don't expect me to pass on many opportunities to take a jab at the fool, uh, showbiz whore, uh, commentator. See, I did it again, and hardly realized it. Love our friendly sparring. See you in chat, kiddo.

Cary

Unintentional

Kerry's flip flops

Has anyone here seen Fahrenheit 9-11? If so, when you saw it, was the scene where he is in an ice cream truck offering to read the Patriot Act to anyone in congress, cut? It was cut where I saw it AND the scene where Chuck Rangel said he doesn't read most legislation he signs was also cut. (Both of those scenes were in previews for F9-11, but were not in the final movie that I saw. Someone suggested maybey the threatre censored those scenes or they got pulled at the last minute. I say, hey look, even his PREVIEWS lied!!)

Also, has anyone seen the new remake of the Manchurian Candidate? I thought it would be a Bush basher, but it seems to me that Kerry is the Manchurian Candidate. If you saw that movie, did you have a different conclusion?

sosuemetoo

Kerry's flip flops

Originally posted by Unintentional@Sep 7 2004, 09:42 PM
Have you ever heard Alan Keyes speak?? Alan is taking Oboma head on in his Senate race for Illinois.? I think Keyes will win.? Keyes has been more libertarian than republican I always thought.

I live in Illinois and have a difficult decision to make. I like neither of the candidates.

The Illinois Republican party hijacked this particular election. Illinois (because of Chicago) votes Democrat. We down-staters generally vote Republican.

When our candidate, Jack Ryan, was forced by a liberal judge to expose his divorce records (still waiting for Kerry to do this), he left the canidacy (or chased out by Judy Barr-Tupenka). Most of us thought that Jim Oberweiss would be our candidate after that, because he came in second in the primaries. No, the Republican Party went into a closed smoke filled room, no reporters allowed, and decided who the candidate would be. Plain and simple (please no one be offended), I believe the reason they chose Keyes is because he is African-American and he will look "good" going against Obama, another African-American.

Keyes has no clue what the issues are in Illinois, just moved to Illinois (suburb of Chicago), has no idea what the issues are downstate. When I listen to him speak, he is so reactionary that he reminds me of the Democrat's, Howard Dean.

I wait for implosion at any moment. Keyes will not win. I believe I'm going to write in Jim Oberweiss just to spite the Illinois Republican Party.

"Mom"

CaryP

Kerry's flip flops

Has anyone here seen Fahrenheit 9-11? If so, when you saw it, was the scene where he is in an ice cream truck offering to read the Patriot Act to anyone in congress, cut? It was cut where I saw it AND the scene where Chuck Rangel said he doesn't read most legislation he signs was also cut. (Both of those scenes were in previews for F9-11, but were not in the final movie that I saw. Someone suggested maybey the threatre censored those scenes or they got pulled at the last minute. I say, hey look, even his PREVIEWS lied!!)

I saw the movie the weekend it came out, and both scenes you refer to were IN the movie. I'm tempted to go and see it again, looking for deleted scenes. Of course, the movie is supposed to be out on DVD in October. I'd be surprised if those scenes were still missing from the DVD.

Haven't seen the new version of the Manchurian Candidate. Shouldn't this be in a movie thread?

Cary

lastdyingtree

Kerry's flip flops

I too saw Fahrenheit 9/11, twice even. (Once by myself, once with my parents) Both times the scenes were in the film. However, interestingly enough, the second time I saw it, the beginning 3 minutes of the film the projector cut off the film in the middle of the frame and it was skewed, blurry, and messed up. Then the lights came on...the movie went off, and then they started it back up near the end of the election scene. This whole process took about 10 minutes. My dad leaned over sarcastically and said "Must have been some right wing conspiracy."
The dvd is supposed to have 90 minutes of extra footage, I believe.
Chris

diabeditor

Kerry's flip flops

If you're in search of a song parody of F 9/11, try www.drblt.com

There is a song available for fre download called FAHRENHYPE 9/11. The singer/songwriter is a psychologist from California who is sort of like Weird Al with his parody songs, except much more political. She supports Bush and right wing politics. Dr. BLT thinks that filmmaker Michael Morre is delusional.