Lovin' Country Life

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm sorry I haven't been around. We had to fix up our house and sell it because I bought 15 acres in the country, about 80% trees, and moved in 3 weeks ago. During my free time, I spend quite a bit of time exploring the woods, metal detecting, collecting feathers and animal bones, etc. We have a lot of creeks on the property, but a large one, almost river size, lines the back. It's truly amazing out here. So many differently wild animals visit: wild turkeys, deer, owls, hawks, and a distant neighbor's bull even got through the fence and started mowing our lawn. Left some cowpies, too. LOL. We can't see any neighbors. We are surrounded by trees and they are far enough away to give us total privacy. I am so incredibly happy living out here, so I don't spend as much time online during my free time. Plus, it goes without saying that I spend a lot of time with my children. My car is dirty all the time and I love it. Dirt roads are fun to drive through. I wish I did this years ago. I've never been a city girl. Always anxious and unhappy in the suburbs. Rural America is absolutely wonderful. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

The town is amazing as well. There are a lot of animal sanctuaries out here that hold events so we can see the animals. One lady saves chimpanzees with special needs and opens the doors to the public twice per year. We have one restaurant, one post office, one store, and one gas station (that we are told not to use haha), but I love it! I don't need the concrete jungle and 10,000 shopping centers to be happy!

BTW, I have 10 baby gators in one of my ponds!!!

So, there ya have it. I'll post some photos below:

Mayhem

Zenith
Nice Paula, tree change do you good:)

The cats look a bit pensive in the window shot.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Nice Paula, tree change do you good:)

The cats look a bit pensive in the window shot.

They are happy watching the wild life. During the first week, though, they would dash back inside when they saw something large. You should have seen them when they saw a cow for the first time. LOL. They want to go out so badly, but we have hawks, owls, coyotes, foxes, snakes, gators, and god knows what else, that would love to snack on them.

TimeFlipper

I'm sorry I haven't been around. We had to fix up our house and sell it because I bought 15 acres in the country, about 80% trees, and moved in 3 weeks ago. During my free time, I spend quite a bit of time exploring the woods, metal detecting, collecting feathers and animal bones, etc. We have a lot of creeks on the property, but a large one, almost river size, lines the back. It's truly amazing out here. So many differently wild animals visit: wild turkeys, deer, owls, hawks, and a distant neighbor's bull even got through the fence and started mowing our lawn. Left some cowpies, too. LOL. We can't see any neighbors. We are surrounded by trees and they are far enough away to give us total privacy. I am so incredibly happy living out here, so I don't spend as much time online during my free time. Plus, it goes without saying that I spend a lot of time with my children. My car is dirty all the time and I love it. Dirt roads are fun to drive through. I wish I did this years ago. I've never been a city girl. Always anxious and unhappy in the suburbs. Rural America is absolutely wonderful. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

The town is amazing as well. There are a lot of animal sanctuaries out here that hold events so we can see the animals. One lady saves chimpanzees with special needs and opens the doors to the public twice per year. We have one restaurant, one post office, one store, and one gas station (that we are told not to use haha), but I love it! I don't need the concrete jungle and 10,000 shopping centers to be happy!

BTW, I have 10 baby gators in one of my ponds!!!

So, there ya have it. I'll post some photos below:

View attachment 8077
View attachment 8078
View attachment 8079
View attachment 8080
View attachment 8081
View attachment 8082
View attachment 8083

Ok Paula, you have convinced me into coming down and living in that beautiful area! :love:...
Just one thing that concerns me...Its those 10 baby crocs, have you seen what size they can grow into? :eek:(n)....

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok Paula, you have convinced me into coming down and living in that beautiful area! :love:...
Just one thing that concerns me...Its those 10 baby crocs, have you seen what size they can grow into? :eek:(n)....

LOL. The gators will most likely move on when they grow up! Besides, we have a mutual respect thing going on right now!
Gators will leave you alone if you leave them alone. Just stay out of the water and never feed them.

TimeFlipper

LOL. The gators will most likely move on when they grow up! Besides, we have a mutual respect thing going on right now!
Gators will leave you alone if you leave them alone. Just stay out of the water and never feed them.

A gator can leave the water and attack anything in sight on land if its hungry, then drag it down to the water and drown it, and finally eat it....That includes Humans as well Paula!

samzeman

I'd say just stay away from those ponds if I was worried honestly, it's not like gators range for miles overland lol. Except when they sense there's a florida swimming pool they could get to.