My theory for Deja Vu

Charmander

According to Eternalism, the past, present, and future are all happening at once. Experiencing Deja Vu could be you experiencing an event that has already happened, or is happening to you in another timeline and somehow you become aware of that.

Itheblaze

My ex-husband swears somehow he's lived longer than his 55yr. All his combined memories add up to about 75 years. You know, how many years he's been married, how many years he's been on a certain job, etc. There's no way he could have accomplished everthing he remembers in a mere 55yr. He distinctly remembers a third marriage, (I was 2nd), and there is no marriage record at all. The lady he remembers as the 3rd wife doesn't exist, or he can't find either. The few times he's had de'ja' vu, he feels it's because he's already did that on a parallel Earth. It's the only explanation that makes the most sense, however bizarre it may seem.

TimeFlipper

Maybe he hasnt met his 3rd wife yet, as he needs to go forward in time in our universe first in order to meet her, after which he goes back in time and then he will have memories of her in our universe....Try asking him if he now has memories of his 3rd wife, assuming of couse that you still speak to each other :).

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
My ex-husband swears somehow he's lived longer than his 55yr. All his combined memories add up to about 75 years. You know, how many years he's been married, how many years he's been on a certain job, etc. There's no way he could have accomplished everthing he remembers in a mere 55yr. He distinctly remembers a third marriage, (I was 2nd), and there is no marriage record at all. The lady he remembers as the 3rd wife doesn't exist, or he can't find either. The few times he's had de'ja' vu, he feels it's because he's already did that on a parallel Earth. It's the only explanation that makes the most sense, however bizarre it may seem.

Very interesting post, Thank You for posting it.

Superman1

Yes that top theory goes beyond the soul seeing the future, is like the reverse of that and necessitates time being an illusion.

Time's trick of the mind, a phantom of perception, timesed by tempus fudgiit, due to getting older and constant things seem to go on longer than they have, though life seems shorter than it is, maybe coupled with mid-life, or other, change?

TTM and POP trademarks of Normalis. TTF pending.

Last edited:

Dr Zaius

What if Deja Vu is a re-alignment of our reality perception caused by open filters? Essentially, let us suppose that our choices are made subconsciously using our innate ability to see future outcomes and choosing the one that fits best into our desires. In this case, deja vu might be an awareness of this process , some sort of lag or glitch occurring within our nervous system. This might (I say,might) indicate an ability to perceive various timelines using a psychic form of echo=location , a bit like bats or dolphins use to hunt prey.

Last edited:

Superman1

Dr Zaius, I'm sure I've seen that before.:cool:
But aren't most deja vu's trivial situations? Why would the subconscious need to choose there? :ninja:
I like the lag idea, that got me thinking. :alien:
This bit is totally in the subconscious.
This level is even deeper in the subconscious.,