no big bang and no black holes

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Please excuse me, but I am slightly confused. If a neutron star is a dense mass of neutrons, then wouldn't that imply the existence of singularities, dense masses of micro-singularities / higgs boson particles???

No, a neutron star does not have an event horizon. Without that there can be no singularity. And the Higgs Boson is not a micro-singularity. It is supposedly a particle that existed briefly during the creation of the universe.

I was under the impression that the event horizon developed after the collapse.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Please excuse me, but I am slightly confused. If a neutron star is a dense mass of neutrons, then wouldn't that imply the existence of singularities, dense masses of micro-singularities / higgs boson particles???

No, a neutron star does not have an event horizon. Without that there can be no singularity. And the Higgs Boson is not a micro-singularity. It is supposedly a particle that existed briefly during the creation of the universe.

The proposed belief was that it was to take a threshold amount of mass that had to collapse below a radius where the force of gravity was strong enough to prevent light from escaping.

I've never seen anyone explain where all the energy comes from when a star goes Nova. Since all the nuclear fuel is supposedly spent. The star collapses and for a very brief time that star will generate more energy than the entire galaxy of stars.

It's nice to see someone actually mathematically modeling something that does happen, as opposed to something that they wish would happen.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

The proposed belief was that it was to take a threshold amount of mass that had to collapse below a radius where the force of gravity was strong enough to prevent light from escaping.

I've never seen anyone explain where all the energy comes from when a star goes Nova. Since all the nuclear fuel is supposedly spent. The star collapses and for a very brief time that star will generate more energy than the entire galaxy of stars.

It's nice to see someone actually mathematically modeling something that does happen, as opposed to something that they wish would happen.

Interesting. I can't really comment. Just learning.

Khaos

where the wild things are
OK so a cop once told me that if some one keeps on changing his story, he is lying to you.

Something you do rather frequently and I have a entire folder on my laptop devoted to your "changing and twisting your words" gimmick.

Shall we start with your creationist views and how science doesn't exist? Or maybe we could talk about something else. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for your answer btw in the God vs. Science topic that you have conveniently "forgotten" about. Only several months later to twist your words around and start believing in science.

Hrm... something is going on here, wouldn't you agree?

I mean if you've suddenly decided to forgo your primitive creationist views in favor of science, great job! Welcome to the club. But still there are unanswered questions, that could be answered :)