Officials: US to try to shoot down errant satellite

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Officials: U.S. to try to shoot down errant satellite

It has been confirmed, the shootdown is a success !

WASHINGTON ? A defense official says a missile launched from a U.S. Navy ship in the Pacific hit the decaying U.S. spy satellite it was targeting 130 miles above Earth's surface.
That's it !

kcwildman

Beastmaster

so they shot down a sat.
my ?? is whos was it ??? was it realy one of our old ones, or one of there new ones we didn't want looking at us?????
didn't china shoot down a sat. just a while back????or was it japan???? one of them, any way was that one of theres, or ours?? we are most deff. not being told all the story. when the shuttle came down it burned up pretty much all of it hhhuuummmmm. but this one is diff.???????somthin don't smell rite here

Chip Lewis

kc wildman said:
so they shot down a sat.
my ?? is whos was it ??? was it realy one of our old ones, or one of there new ones we didn't want looking at us?????
didn't china shoot down a sat. just a while back????or was it japan???? one of them, any way was that one of theres, or ours?? we are most deff. not being told all the story. when the shuttle came down it burned up pretty much all of it hhhuuummmmm. but this one is diff.???????somthin don't smell rite here
Yes we shot down a damaged satellite that was headed into the atmosphere. They were worried about where it would land because the fuel can be toxic. So, they blew her out of the sky (there is a video out there). Yes China did the same thing a few months back. Yeah the whole "blow up the satellite" thing is rather odd. There may be something there. I've heard a lot of theories out there...

kcwildman

Beastmaster

somethin inside just went
WOOP,WOOP,WOOP DIVE,DIVE,
when I herd the news reports of shooting at the sats. then my wittle brain went into sneeky mode and I started wondering just whos sats were getting shot at and why???? there has never been a prob. with sats. falling back to the ground and not burning up ????? metel just sparks and glows ,the fuel,if any was present( you realy think they didn't put a dump valve on the fuel tanks??????) would just explode when the sat. got white hot huh????? I don't have the answers but it seems odd to me :confused:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

They said that the sat was a big one, half of it would survive it's entry in the atmosphere. The fuel tank was probably well protected, so it would have survived too, and then the liquid/gaz inside could be dangerous for people around the "landing" site. That's what I understand from reports I've read.

Like Chip said, there may be something there, as well. They keep it secret, maybe too much.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I still don't buy it, the shuttle is pretty big. bigger than a bus anyway and fullly shielded. granted some good size chunks hit dirt. but some how I don't think a sat. will have the same level of shielding. it just don't fit

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I don't know anything about satellite shielding, but I don't think they need any shielding at all. They are not made to get back on Earth after all. Shielding or not, they are not protected against space junks. They are supposed to stay in orbit a period of time, and when it's over, they destroy them by sending them in the atmosphere. This one wasn't going to be destroyed by the atmosphere, so it was propably shielded, or just very big.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

as I remember it, the sat. was spose to be about the size of a bus. and like you said without any or very little shielding of any type. theres just to many questions without answers, for me to accept what we were told.:confused:

gonzogirl

I think I heard that FOX (ick) "news" said that this was the United States way of intimidating Iran. Like as if to say.."see we can shoot anything outta the sky so dont try anything cuz we will protect Isreal and blah blah blah..
How funny. In a you got to be kidding me sort of a way.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I wouldn't laff to much at that. its true, we as a nation are the only thing keeping the wolves off Isreal at the present time. right, or wrong, infact I.M.H.O. our deffence of Isreal is the only thing that has preserved this nation thusfar.it is clear that we have abbandoned the foundation that our fathers built this country on. so if it was ever true that this nation had the protection of GOD, and I believe we did. up to the point we decided there is no place for GOD in our country, and started banning even the mention of HIM in public.so while we have been shown a glimps of the missle tech. the full abbillitys of the system is way more effective.