Opposing beliefs/religions/spirituality.

dimension-1hacker

If you found Alice in Wonderland logical then you were reading it wrong.
Alice in wonder land is an example of what could be occurring in many places as we are the size of atoms compared to the size of the universe(s). The laws of physics that humans determined might only occur in a small sector of the universe. We occupy barely any therefore scientifically, humans barely understand the universe and beyond. Hence nothing can be ruled out or partially deducted in any way. Which is why Alice and wonderland is logical, as many people surround themselves with delusions of simplicity and understanding of something of scales and possibilities most can barely comprehend.

TimeFlipper

But trying to make it all logical and explained takes all the fun out of reading it.

I completely agree with you.....Putting aside logic and illogic, people can experience "fun" out of thousands of different situations, all of them giving us a "feel good factor"....There is absolutely nothing bad in giving ourselves "Good Vibrations"...Some people would call it denial, others say its a part of our psychological defence system, so what??…Personally i love indulging myself in the enjoyable recollection of the 1960s, and that was the decade which brought us all to where we are now in terms of development (with the exception of present day musical tastes!)(n):LOL:..

TimeFlipper

Come on Hartey, that link is just an advertisement for the book, Alices Adventures In Wonderland, written in 1865 by Charles Dodgson under the pseudonym of Lewis Carroll.... I was intrigued by what appeared on the hat, which was what it cost in those days in English money 10 shillings and sixpence (Half a Guinea), expressed as 10/6......Anyways Hartey, i think you might have inspired me into reading the Alices Adventures In Wonderland book as it contains lots of stuff about the things that i love, humour and fun...Much like your good self ;):D..

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

You are forgetting about the psychology of advertising....The "essay" gave all the features that modern day advertising use by targeting the majority of everyday readers of books.....As always Hartey, you have the right to your own opinions, just as I have with my own opinions..
3 out the 4 links you placed were posted in 2009 and 2010....They were obviously sophisticated forms of advertisements back then :cool: :D..

Harte

Carroll put a whole bunch of work into his writings. In that book and in "Through the Looking Glass," anyway. Haven't read much else from him.
It reads like he just made it up as he went along, but that is in no way the case.

The point being that logic is not a prerequisite for existence, since logic can be applied in many different ways.

The idea that the Universe MUST be explainable is just a matter of opinion.

Harte