Paradoxes

3sp

Mimi i am sorry that is not nice what i said, i reread your original post and feel that this is not pleasant and i can only imagine. So look at the brightside. You are gifted to be able to jump. I wish i could. For example. Lets say you had a lot of debt or legal issues in one timeline. You could hop to a fresh slate and be worry free. Have you experienced that?

Harte

Just to be clear, things appearing to change (and the butterfly effect) aren't a paradox. They are just a different outcome and you've found yourself in a different timeline. Paradoxes don't actually exist and aren't a thing.
Paradoxes are a thing. Here's one.

This sentence is false.

Harte

Pix3l_P0w3r

Everything is a thing. We don't have the ability to imagine new things, we can only observe data and redistribute it with a different perspective.

Another well-known example of a paradox is the Liar paradox, which offers up the simple sentence: “This statement is false.” If this is true, then the sentence is false, but if the sentence states that it is false, and it is false, then it must also be true! So the sentence is both true and not true at the same time.

Some more examples of paradoxical statements are:

• You can save money by spending it.
  • I know one thing; that I know nothing.
  • This is the beginning of the end.
  • Deep down, you're really shallow.
  • I'm a compulsive liar.
  • “Men work together whether they work together or apart.” - Robert Frost
  • "What a pity that youth must be wasted on the young." - George Bernard Shaw
  • "I can resist anything but temptation." - Oscar Wilde
A paradox can be thought provoking but also fun to think about. Some examples of witty statements:

• Here are the rules: Ignore all rules.
  • The second sentence is false. The first sentence is true.
  • I only message those who do not message.

Apri1

I should have clarified. Time paradoxes as a physical thing cannot exist. And are always a linguistic and fictional error.

Paradoxes are a thing. Here's one.

This sentence is false.

Harte

A linguistic error. Yes. Those are a thing. But you have not described anything physical. Something false cannot be true, and vice versa.

You can save money by spending it.

This is false. By decreasing the amount of money you have, you have not retained the amount, nor increased it.

I know one thing; that I know nothing.

Again, false. If you know one thing, that is not nothing.

This is the beginning of the end.

Not a paradox. "The end" can be a period of time. The beginning of such could be labeled as the beginning. For example, 1,2,3,4,5 is our sequence. If we say the end is 3-5, then 3 would be the beginning of the end.

Deep down, you're really shallow.

Just a figure of speech. Not a paradox.

I'm a compulsive liar.

Compulsive liars sometimes say the truth. Likewise, someone can lie without being a compulsive liar. Not a paradox.

“Men work together whether they work together or apart.” - Robert Frost

Not a paradox. "Together" in the first sense has a different definition compared to the later use.

"What a pity that youth must be wasted on the young." - George Bernard Shaw

Being chronologically young vs having a youthful body are two separate things and are not paradoxical or contradictory. You can be old and have a youthful body.

"I can resist anything but temptation." - Oscar Wilde

Again not a paradox. There are other things you can't resist, but upon being tempted you can't resist. Either way, more linguistic games and nothing based in reality.

Here are the rules: Ignore all rules.

Just more linguistic impossibilities. Again, nothing based in reality.

The second sentence is false. The first sentence is true.

Just more linguistic garbage. I can easily say: "this sentence is both true and false." and ultimately it means nothing. None of these things have a basis in reality.

Mimi

How can you be sure it's not alzheimer's?
Yes, that's what I thought, many times, that it was my memory playing tricks on me, so I started noting significant events and places in a journal. I became a bit ocd about it for a while.

Then when I noticed some "discrepancy" between what I observed and what I remembered, I'd refer to my journal. Sure enough, my written record confirmed my memory, while my new observations were noticeably different! This proved to me that it wasn't just a mental aberration.

Nowadays, I just observe, and live in whatever timeline or dimension I find myself in.

3sp

Yes, that's what I thought, many times, that it was my memory playing tricks on me, so I started noting significant events and places in a journal. I became a bit ocd about it for a while.

Then when I noticed some "discrepancy" between what I observed and what I remembered, I'd refer to my journal. Sure enough, my written record confirmed my memory, while my new observations were noticeably different! This proved to me that it wasn't just a mental aberration.

Nowadays, I just observe, and live in whatever timeline or dimension I find myself in.

That is pretty wild that your journal doesn't match up. I wish i had the ability to leap into new timelines. I owe a lot of money and that would be a nice relief to find out i didn't. Have you experienced anything like that?

Mimi

Another weird event has been when I left work one day and arrived home an hour before I left work. The following day, I asked my colleagues if I'd left earlier than I should have, and they confirmed that I'd left at the correct time.

This has happened to me about twice in the past five years.

I think that if this ever happens again, I'm going to phone my workplace and ask to speak to Me, and see what happens!

Mimi

That is pretty wild that your journal doesn't match up. I wish i had the ability to leap into new timelines. I owe a lot of money and that would be a nice relief to find out i didn't. Have you experienced anything like that?
No, sadly that hasn't happened to me. I wish I could clear my debts too!

Mimi

See the divergence meter thread. We're discussing (trying to discuss) a way of measuring which timeline you are in, so that you may hopefully return home. But yeah, undoing what you did is a fairly good way of getting approximately back to when you were.
I'm currently reading that thread. There's a lot to absorb there.

I like your comment "the point of doing the divergence meter first was so that I can isolate the moments and events of my experienced timeline shifts so that I may properly investigate."

I think that's what I was trying to do when I recorded things in my journal; somehow keep track of the severity of the divergences to see how far I had traveled from my initial time line.